Front plate bracket removal

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Last year the governor of Ohio signed into law a transportation bill that includes the elimination of the front license plate. The plate portion of the law takes effect on July 1, 2020 and on that day we can legally remove our front plate with no repercussions. Anyway, I already removed mine and now what do I do with the holes in the bumper cover? In the future I would like to either fill the holes permanently or replace the cover, but for now I just want to make it look better.
20200527_124900.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
You'll be happy with them. They're pricey, but definitely the best solution to cover those holes. I had them on my 17.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
These are two of 150 or so plugs mixed in a six-dollar box of click-install trim fasteners (like those notorious battery-cover pins)(CHEAP!). These fit a quarter-inch hole, and are one-piece, no click-'ems. They are shiny black with a very mild, almost-flat dome. I reckon some day I will get the Magnetic Metallic touch-up paint to further disguise them.

GrayCarFVpalomarCROP_2b_DSCN7256c.jpg

Last year the governor of Ohio signed into law a transportation bill that includes the elimination of the front license plate. The plate portion of the law takes effect on July 1, 2020 and on that day we can legally remove our front plate with no repercussions. Anyway, I already removed mine and now what do I do with the holes in the bumper cover? In the future I would like to either fill the holes permanently or replace the cover, but for now I just want to make it look better.
20200527_124900.jpg
Could you please have your Governor persuade the California dude of the same rank to do a similar move? I'm sure it would save the state millions every year, and would surely remove the risk of penalties many are vulnerable to. Thank you..

Sponsored

OP
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The cops would fight it like they did here, saying it makes it harder to track criminals (yeah right) in reality they would lose money from all the tickets they write for no front plate.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The cops would fight it like they did here, saying it makes it harder to track criminals (yeah right) in reality they would lose money from all the tickets they write for no front plate.
Exactly. I never used the factory bracket when I lived in NJ. Then moved to SC that has no front plates. And no holes in my bumper.

OP
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
If i would have known they would ditch the front plate I would have never put the bracket on. Back when I bought the car they asked me if I wanted the front plate bracket on, and like a dummy I said yes go ahead and put it on. I've been nailed for no front plate before and the cop who caught me was a prick about it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If i would have known they would ditch the front plate I would have never put the bracket on. Back when I bought the car they asked me if I wanted the front plate bracket on, and like a dummy I said yes go ahead and put it on. I've been nailed for no front plate before and the cop who caught me was a prick about it.
I had a Craig's bracket on my 15' EB. Never ran the plate on the front but had it on the front seat just in case. Would have used the old "I forgot to put it on after the car wash". Never got pulled over for it though.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If I ever need to put the front plate, I'd just put it with double-sided tape. Was surprised not to see a tow hook on these cars, which is my preferred way to run a bracket (if needed). No way I'd drill the bumper :D. Haven't had a plate in over 30 years, and never an issue so far.

Sponsored
OP
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The bumper plugs arrived today, quick and easy install. Here is the after pic
20200529_115901.jpg

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Yeah, I used the prepainted bumper plugs on my last two cars and was really happy with them. This time out, I ordered a car and so got it without the bracket.

Mick St John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
When I moved to Northeast Ohio 4 1/2 years ago I bought a new Mustang. When I took delivery the salesman asked me if I wanted holes drilled for a front plate. He admitted that if it was his car, he would not do that. He would rather pay an occasional fine for a missing front plate than do that to the front end of his car. But it was my choice.
I agreed with him and declined the bracket installation. Who would have known that Ohio would finally do the right thing and do away with the front plate requirement. I don't know if it's a done deal or not, but at least they're moving in the right direction. No state that borders Ohio requires front plates, so the cops see a lot of cars with no front plates.
Oh ... and I've never been tagged or paid any fine for a missing front plate.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Yeah, the only place I've been stopped for no plate is in Ocean City, MD. During special events like car shows they have a zero tolerance policy for violations and triple fines. So I just had a Sto-N-Sho installed and the only time I really put the plate on is for going to the beach.
Sponsored