Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Hey yall

So i got a fix it ticket for no front plate. I dont have holes in the front bumper and I do not want to drill the bumper. Is there any cheap option that you guys now of to use to get the car inspected? I dont really wanna spend 75-100 bucks on the sto and show, and my car is lowered and will scrape on my driveway forsure.

Let me know!

Thanks
Sponsored

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Check your state guidelines. Here in Colorado a plate can be displayed on the dash, left hand corner. So I have the front plate tucked next to my seat and if I see I'm getting pulled over I can toss it up there real quick. If the cop sees and gives me a ticket anyway, no harm no foul, I was in the wrong. If not, I just got out of a plate ticket.

OP
OP

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Check your state guidelines. Here in Colorado a plate can be displayed on the dash, left hand corner. So I have the front plate tucked next to my seat and if I see I'm getting pulled over I can toss it up there real quick. If the cop sees and gives me a ticket anyway, no harm no foul, I was in the wrong. If not, I just got out of a plate ticket.
Thanks for the reply, It has to be mounted to the front in cali.

Reactions: XS

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Probably not a popular idea but If the license plate can fit in the grille area you could zip tie it to the grille for the time being and easily remove it when needed. It will temporarily keep you from getting another ticket until you decide what type of license plate holder you want.

OP
OP

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Probably not a popular idea but If the license plate can fit in the grille area you could zip tie it to the grille for the time being and easily remove it when needed. It will temporarily keep you from getting another ticket until you decide what type of license plate holder you want.
I wouldnt mind doing that, but unfortunately it does not fit :(

OP
OP

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Went ahead and ordered the Craigs custom bracket!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Went ahead and ordered the Craigs custom bracket!
Good. Just a couple of hints.
1. Make sure the portion of the bumper where the bracket attaches is super clean. Also heat it up a little with a heat gun or hair dryer.
2. Do not use a heavy license plate frame like I did. Go with something lightweight or none at all. Mine started to pull down. I took off the frame and all was well.

Ceej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CJ
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, 300zx, Mazda 6
I just installed Craig's bracket and like it so far

Sponsored
OP
OP

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Good. Just a couple of hints.
1. Make sure the portion of the bumper where the bracket attaches is super clean. Also heat it up a little with a heat gun or hair dryer.
2. Do not use a heavy license plate frame like I did. Go with something lightweight or none at all. Mine started to pull down. I took off the frame and all was well.
Will do, ill make sure to give it a good alchohal wipe down too.

I wasnt planning on using a frame at all, just straight plate. Will that work?

Thanks for the tips!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Thanks for the tips!
From the Craig's site.

We did not test this mount with any heavy metal style license plate frames, only plastic frames and covers.
* NOT MEANT FOR USE WITH HEAVY METAL STYLE LICENSE PLATE FRAMES.

I had a metal Mustang 50 years frame on the car for almost two years before i noticed that the bracket was pulling down. I would stick with a silicone or plastic frame if you want one. Otherwise plain is fine.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If I had to put the front plate on my Bullitt, I'd just curve it like the bumper, and use double-sided tape. And maybe bend the lower portion, to avoid messing with airflow. I did that to my wife's car, and even state troopers haven't said anything. There's no other place to put it without affecting airflow, clearance, or both. But I won't do that unless I have no other choice. No fix-it ticket yet in 35 years of driving here, so hope it stays that way :).

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Thanks for the tips!
I have the Craig's one as well. It works.
Just make sure you have a super clean surface. Install on a warm day or warm up the surface with a hair dryer. The kit comes with adhesion promoter that creates a strong bond with the VHB tape. Let it sit 24 or 48 hours before attaching the plate bracket. All this info is in the installation instructions.