Help with Colgan Front End Bra Fender Tab Attachment

55Tele

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Not new to the Colgan / Covercraft bras, but last two cars only have the Colgan hood protector….So I’m familiar with getting the vinyl warm for easier installation and a good fit. On this new GT, I will only use this for trips on the interstate and I know all the procedures to wax before and keeping things clean…never had ANY issues with the hood only pieces other than initial installation……which goes much easier on a hot day….

But, its been a long time since I had a full bra. The 2021 Mustang bra instructions I got from Covercraft show the flat felt covered tabs either wrapping AROUND the bumper into the wheel well OR the tabs are being inserted BETWEEN the wheel well liner and the bumper….

Which is it for the 2015 thru 2021 Mustang? Any tips?

Thanks…..
Sponsored

sjmurphy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Magnetic
Not new to the Colgan / Covercraft bras, but last two cars only have the Colgan hood protector….So I’m familiar with getting the vinyl warm for easier installation and a good fit. On this new GT, I will only use this for trips on the interstate and I know all the procedures to wax before and keeping things clean…never had ANY issues with the hood only pieces other than initial installation……which goes much easier on a hot day….

But, its been a long time since I had a full bra. The 2021 Mustang bra instructions I got from Covercraft show the flat felt covered tabs either wrapping AROUND the bumper into the wheel well OR the tabs are being inserted BETWEEN the wheel well liner and the bumper….

Which is it for the 2015 thru 2021 Mustang? Any tips?

Thanks…..
I'd say if you haven't installed it yet, don't. I've only heard bad things about these bras causing more damage than they prevent. Dirt and dust gets stuck underneath the bra and the bra making contact with the paint and dirt between the two causes lots of scratches and paint damage. If you do want a bra for paint protection, I think most people would recommend a clear bra instead.