Sponsored

Front license plates

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
...and take your ticket. Be on your way. I haven't gotten stopped yet but your post is my plan anyway.

No need to be rude or try to get out of it. It' my choice...the front plate looks ugly.
Usually just gets you a warning around here, but I had one lady cop ask me if I'd ever been pulled over for no front plate before in Texas, and that she was going to check the state records and if that shows that I _had_ been pulled over then she was going to write me a ticket.

I got off with the warning on that one, but I think previous warnings weren't logged into the system or maybe timed out IDK.

I hate running the front plate. I've been pulled over at least three times for that and that alone. They never catch me speeding or anything else. So yeah, now I run the plate more often but its a dumb law.
Sponsored

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Usually just gets you a warning around here, but I had one lady cop ask me if I'd ever been pulled over for no front plate before in Texas, and that she was going to check the state records and if that shows that I _had_ been pulled over then she was going to write me a ticket.

I got off with the warning on that one, but I think previous warnings weren't logged into the system or maybe timed out IDK.

I hate running the front plate. I've been pulled over at least three times for that and that alone. They never catch me speeding or anything else. So yeah, now I run the plate more often but its a dumb law.
Agree really annoying law.

I ran my 2010 for 60k miles around Travis and Wilco and never got stopped for a missing front plate, but when I bought the Bullitt the dealers had already mounted the front plate, so Ive just left it on.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I once had a car in Texas and took it to Utah for a couple of years. Still owned a house in TX (rental) and so I just kept the car registered in Texas.

When I moved back they had changed the TX emissions laws and modified car would no longer pass emissions. Converting the car to pass inspection would have cost thousands in redoing the engine control, so I just paid the $150 non-points tickets when I got them, usually about once a year. Cops were pretty incredulous when they saw an inspection sticker 5 years out of date. Nearly drove that car into a swimming pool after hitting ice on a snow day.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t mean to sound cocky because I’m not. I spent 40 years in Illinois and now 10 years in California and I have never once put a front plate on my cars because I refuse to as it’s ugly as said in previous posts. I have never received a ticket in 50 years and I am probably about the jinx myself. I’m not sure if these are very much smaller towns everyone is talking about than say something like Los Angeles where they could give a shit about a front plate. I’m just wondering that’s all. My cars never had one and never will.

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Boggles my mind when someone scrapes with the Sto-n-Sho. That bracket hangs less than 1/2" lower than the front lip, meaning your car needs to be bagged or something to scrape. Best $75 I've spent, looks great and is very easily removeable.

Screenshot_20210609-175838_Gallery.jpg
Put on PP2 OEM front splitter, 1" lowering springs, FP Track Struts, 35/19 profile tires and then we will see

Last edited:

Sponsored

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Excuse my dirty cicada hunting killer machine, but the stick on custom plate would look something like this if you mount it like the JDM crowd 🤟🏾

4B5791F8-A0DB-4936-B309-B099396ADDB8.jpeg

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
put a rectangle of PPF where the license plate would go. nice oversized one, then you get the license plate, and put double sided tape around the edge of back of plate. slap it right on the PPF.

later you can remove the Ppf with steam, and the plate will come with it. no holes, won't go anywhere

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
No No No. :stop:

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Bought my car used and it already had the bracket installed. 🤷‍♂️

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
I've tried many front plate solutions, Sto n sho always scraped.
the best no drill option I have used was this:

https://ccmustangbrackets.com
Thank you thank you thank you
The transfer of my plates my 21 GT500 hasn’t come through yet, but this will fit the bill.

DeadBroke3.7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang gt premium 10r80
Made my own bracket to use the splitter bolts

IMG_0556.jpeg

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
I don’t mean to sound cocky because I’m not. I spent 40 years in Illinois and now 10 years in California and I have never once put a front plate on my cars because I refuse to as it’s ugly as said in previous posts. I have never received a ticket in 50 years and I am probably about the jinx myself. I’m not sure if these are very much smaller towns everyone is talking about than say something like Los Angeles where they could give a shit about a front plate. I’m just wondering that’s all. My cars never had one and never will.
it depends where you're at. im in chicagoland-in chicago, you're unlikely to get pulled for it unless you're doing something else or they suspect you of something else. remember, no front plate is PC to pull you over and then they can begin to feel out for other stuff. eg booze, drugs, etc. it's like not using your turn signal. they may not care about your failure to signal or failure to have a plate but they'll see what else they find once youre stopped. if you're polite and dont give them a hard time and dont have anything else wrong, youre obviously less likely to get a ticket. some suburbs though will pull you for it and will write you a ticket even if you're the nicest person to them. my friend got one in high school when he refused to put on on his 944. nice guy, id be shocked if he gave any attitude, but he got a ticket in a nicer suburb and then put a plate on his car. glad you never got one, it's a dumb law IMO, but im sure a little bit of luck played a roll in 50 years of no tickets.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I've been driving my car in NJ without the front plate for 3+ years. Some friends have been doing it for longer than that. I think it's a myth that cops are looking for sportscars without front plates. They have more important things to worry about.
Sponsored