Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Yeah thats the reason why I didn't do the grill delete. I liked the look but I know ford must have had a good reason to block of the grill and the gt350 also has the grill blocked off.
image.jpg
Your signature says different. ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP
50hhh

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yeah thats the reason why I didn't do the grill delete. I liked the look but I know ford must have had a good reason to block of the grill and the gt350 also has the grill blocked off.
image.jpg

Well that looks legit and it looks like the cutout is even smaller on the 350 than it is on the GT. Now im curious why they are doing that.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Busted!

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I agree with Trackaholic here but also wouldn't have a problem opening up a few extra holes only where the air intake tube is.

Sponsored

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
The amount of opening in the grill is carefully chosen by Ford to do a number of things. Get enough air to cool the radiator, limit the air entering the engine compartment to decrease lift and improve aero for fuel mileage.

Now can you benefit from opening up the grill more? Possibly if you remember opening the grill is only part of the system and what you gain in one area you might lose in another. To increase air flow through the radiator and not adversely effect other things you have to allow for more to leave the engine compartment if it leaves through a hood vent and fender vents like the GT350 you can afford to have more opening in the front. The GT350 doesn't need a lot more air going through the radiator it is still a naturally aspirated car and makes 525 at the crank. A car making 625 at the crank and using a supercharger or housing turbos in the engine compartment has good reason to want more air flow through the engine compartment, heat exchangers and radiator.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
[ame]

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
When I ordered my Premium EB Convertible, I had assumed that I would be getting the auto-grill shutters. I was surprised that it did not come with the shutters. Any idea why the EB convertible does not have the shutters but other models do? If the shutters were so important then why do some models have it and others do not?

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
From the Horses Mouth... so to speak.

Edit : I see you beat me to it Rand... LOL

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
When I ordered my Premium EB Convertible, I had assumed that I would be getting the auto-grill shutters. I was surprised that it did not come with the shutters. Any idea why the EB convertible does not have the shutters but other models do? If the shutters were so important then why do some models have it and others do not?

I was under the impression that all Eco-Boost Mustangs have the Active Grill Shutters (which are actually mounted to the front of the Radiator Support, not the Grill) If the Eco-Boost Convertible doesn't have them, maybe it has something to do with the different Aerodynamic Properties of the Convertible verses the Fastback, or maybe they just got left off of your car accidentally. I'd ask your dealer and check some other Eco-Boost Convertibles.

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
No shutters on the EB Premium Convertible.

Somewhere in this Forum is a discussion about 'missing' shutters. I originally thought because my 2015 was one of the 4,000 held for more than 6 weeks back in Feb/March, that Flat Rock had forgotten to install the shutters. I later found out that this model does not have shutters. There is a lot of empty space between the grill and the radiator without the shutters. No one from Flat Rock (Ford Service, etc.) ever explained why my EB did not need the shutters while other models did have them. Several explanations by Forum members were that my model did not need the quick warm up provided by the shutters...the other explanation was that my convertible did not need the air deflection caused by the closed shutters for better efficiency. My EB seems to warm up quite quickly and I got 32+ mpg right out of the dealer's door, even with an auto trans.
Just another unanswered question that Ford has refused to comment on.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
That was a pretty sweet video, and it convinced me to not mess with the aero of this vehicle. It's light years beyond the previous generations and I think that's why we're not seeing tons of cosmetic mods on the market. Just take a look at the hideous Shelby GT - less is more for the S550! Leave the aero alone.

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
After I installed the dusold designs grille I noticed a little bit of hood lift when going 75+. The appearance of the grille is worth some reduction in aerodynamics for me.
Sponsored