Sponsored

Installing the ROUSH front splitter, lower grille, and Aero pockets on the 2018

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I wouldn't call them canards as they are not putting real downforce on the front end.

A canard's purpose is not to create downforce, but to redirect airflow or refine the flow (& use) of airflow.

Those are canards.
Sponsored

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Iā€™m fitting my Roush Corner pockets this weekend and really keen not to drill holes in my brand new car not least Iā€™d like the ability to return it to stock at a later date.

So just curious for those who went for the ā€˜no drill optionā€™ how did you get on long term with only using 3M tape ?

Any advice youā€™d offer if you were doing this second time round ?

thanks

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoostā„¢, Vert, MagneRideĀ® PP
Vehicle Showcase
A canard's purpose is not to create downforce, but to redirect airflow or refine the flow (& use) of airflow.

Those are canards.
OK, sez I. We can call them "canards" in spite of the overwhelming instances of other-shaped and -placed appurtenances shown in these images under "canard". Fine with me, although my manufacturer called them "'GT500-Style' Splitter Winglet & Fender Extensions".

What I really want to know is, What, exactly, are these type aero devices intended to do in these configurations, and do they do it? Hm?

PS: I c'n 'ardly wait for the definitive answers I am certain are forthcoming.

Last edited:

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoostā„¢, Vert, MagneRideĀ® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Are you wondering what winglets do..?
We were looking at a couple of modifications to the front corner area of S550 Mustangs. These things added some horizontal area to the splitter, and a vertical component at the edge of the wheel well, separated by a fraction of an inch from the fender itself. The channel between the vertical piece and the fender is closed.

I said, "What I really want to know is, What, exactly, are these type aero devices intended to do in these configurations, and do they do it? Hm?"

I'd have to guess the designers expected to modify the airflow around the front tires. What usual airflow did they want to change? And to what purpose? Does anyone have testimony or references that would support the efficacy of the modification, other than to the pocketbook of the purchaser?
RoushFrontWinglets.jpeg
RoushFrontWinglets2.jpg
GT500-styleSplitterAndFenderExtensionsByZL1Add-ons.jpg
Sponsored