Sponsored

Front driver tire touching strut after lowering.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
I have some low miles per hour sound coming from the driver front and I put my hand back there and it feels like the tire might be touching the strut I switch to Steeda sport linear's and koni Sport adjustable struts is there something I did wrong that's making that touch. I also just installed mrr GT350 replicas I'm hoping I didn't put one of the rears in the front not sure if the offset or anything would cause this issue
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I have some low miles per hour sound coming from the driver front and I put my hand back there and it feels like the tire might be touching the strut I switch to Steeda sport linear's and koni Sport adjustable struts is there something I did wrong that's making that touch. I also just installed mrr GT350 replicas I'm hoping I didn't put one of the rears in the front not sure if the offset or anything would cause this issue
First check your wheel offset. The Koni and Steeda sport linears would not cause that because the strut and spring diameters are to O.E. specs.

If you have any questions please call our tech line@954-960-0774 and ask for Jamie

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
What size tire? I'm running same wheels if yours are MRR with a 285 up front and it's not touching . It's extremely close though

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
1: How does the noise you are hearing sound?

2: Remove the wheel and check for rubbing. Post the pic here so we can help diagnose.

3: If you are only hearing it on one side, there is a good chance that you are not having a tire to strut clearance issue. If you are, you may have a wheel that was built improperly.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The only thing that would cause tire/strut rubbing from purely lowering the car is excessive camber and lack of alignment. So you need to get an alignment after installing suspension components.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
It is the wheels offset.,they are too high and running 275 you will rub. Add a 5mm spacer all around and you be fine.
Sponsored