Front Bumper

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Viper GT, 2019 GT350R
I have a 19 350R and got some scratches in the plastic front pieces, do these parts come separate or do you need to replace the entire bumper?
Sponsored

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
the whole front bumper is made of plastic. which parts are you referring to exactly?

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I replaced the front bumper on my '16 last month and it was less than $1k from Ford. Still needs to be painted of course. It was better to replace the whole thing, than repair. It's one singular piece, and your existing plastic, I.e. 'fangs' and splitter will transfer over. The expensive part is the stripe replacement. They come in pieces and you will be shocked at the cost for the top, middle and lower stripes on the front bumper. Sucks!!!

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I can't speak to your car but I have a 2021 Ecoboost and removed my front bumper to install a better intercooler..Was amazed at how easy it was to remove the whole front assembly.
Probably took 30 to 45 minutes and that was my first time taking it off.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
the whole front bumper is made of plastic. which parts are you referring to exactly?
I should have specified that, it's the bottom Passenger side that makes the L (if that helps at all). I'll try to get a picture of the part.

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I replaced the front bumper on my '16 last month and it was less than $1k from Ford. Still needs to be painted of course. It was better to replace the whole thing, than repair. It's one singular piece, and your existing plastic, I.e. 'fangs' and splitter will transfer over. The expensive part is the stripe replacement. They come in pieces and you will be shocked at the cost for the top, middle and lower stripes on the front bumper. Sucks!!!
Thankfully I don't have striped on this one, what color do they send the bumper in?

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
All of the black plastic are separate pieces that snap on and off.
Awesome! Do you happen to know the part number for this or what the part is called? I would like to order it from Ford and put it on quick.

Also, do you know if I can get a new clip or something since it seems like a tab on my splitter came off and it wobbles a little.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Awesome! Do you happen to know the part number for this or what the part is called? I would like to order it from Ford and put it on quick.

Also, do you know if I can get a new clip or something since it seems like a tab on my splitter came off and it wobbles a little.
I don't know the part number and I can't remember, but you may have to remove the entire front bumper to get it off cleanly as some of those parts have tabs and screws behind the front bumper holding them in place. In total the front bumper is composed of about 15 different pieces.

Anderson Composites makes them in carbon fiber and suggests removing the bumper to get the best install results. So it may be possible without doing that, but I'd still rather just to be safe.

https://andersoncomposites.com/coll...2015-2016-mustang-shelby-gt350-bumper-inserts