Sponsored

Friday Delivery… and one Fun Weekend (and my review)

DRKHR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6-spd OW PP
Tyler from AZ

First off, i am a previous owner of 2007 Alloy S197 4.6L V8 5-spd GT Premium. (so this is my base comparison line). I had it modded pretty well with the works. CAI, TUNE, Koooks Headers - Catless X and Flowmaster 40's, U/D Pullies, Tokico D-Specs (Gas - Adjustable), Steeda Pentar Rims, on Nitto 555's, Dynotech Alluminum 1-piece Driveshaft , 4.10 Gears and a whole bunch of lil doo-dads.

So on with the new Mustang Story.

I was one of the Long, drawn-out, build and waits. My original build was put in on 6-19-14 and was always MIA or on recall repair.

I couldn't take the unpredictability with other people ordering that day and getting 2 months or so later so i reordered 11-6-14 and had a EDD of 1-13-15… ended up delivered on Friday 1-16-15 which was one day less than 1 year ago at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale when i saw the DIB one and knew it was what i was saving up for.

Ordered: 2015 GT Premium 6spd 5.0 V8 Oxford White, 400a, Performance Package, Recaro Race Seats

So I've said it 100 times since Barrett Jackson a year ago, and ill say it 1,000 more in the future… this car looks a million times "better", "meaner", "Cleaner", "amazing" in person. It shows a million times better in front of you than in photos. (which I'm happy people are getting amazing shots and they are looking much better in photos these days).

Drove it all weekend and only put 300 miles on it because i had so many things to do.

1. IN COMPARISON… this is not a mustang… i had a mustang… FORD hit their mark here when they went for the Sports Car feel and chased BMW and Porsche. It is a true GT vehicle. (I grew up driving and riding in my dads 2003 Twin Turbo Porsche 911) i know what a super-car/ GT car feels like.

2. To add to the initial point… this car is anywhere from 2-5 upgrades away from overall what most people define as "super-car" these days.

3. There is no point in comparing my 4.6L to this motor… feels like nothing in common or even in the same ballpark. This car bone-stock wants to just eat the road all up. It is FAST. and the more the motor christens in… it is so much more noticeable and smooth and FAST.

4. RECARO, RECARO, RECARO….. they are everyone's (including myself obviously) favorite feature. They are super nice and snug (for a production vehicle with integrated airbags in the seats). The quality and the leather are premium.

5. Performance Package: For someone who plans on tracking this vehicle (often) and retiring it to just pure "Beast in the garage that scares the neighborhood children"… this package is Heaven Sent. A lot of people are complaining about the 3.73 Gears… but obviously they haven't been up at 4.10 ever. When you gear higher you are asking for torque in every gear and obviously there are downsides (fuel mileage) the the huge track-capable upside. These 3.73's are going to be fun as hell on the track! The suspension and rim set-up is nice from the factory. And the Brembo Brakes are just icing on the PP cake.
GRANTED in will replace almost everything this kit came with other than the Gears, Brakes (for now) but it is still plenty worth the money for even only those two upgrades.

6. IRS… noticeable as all hell. No more rear end slam-hopping over railroad tracks or uneven ground. These two wheels now just hug to the road so snug. Night and Day again.

7. Overall… I couldn't be more stoked about the body style and performance of this "entry level" GT back into the car world. The plan is to literally have this car forever… i chose a good one. Im happy.:ford:

IMO of course

O and by the way… and my panels and fitment and hood came looking great… first hood I've messed with on these new 15's that closes like it should.. no adjustments, no paint concerns. The factory is rolling.

15p1k5w.jpg

zvvevp.jpg

2e4vo5v.jpg
Sponsored

MSamuels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Mustang
I gotta say coming from 4.6 GT as well, I dont share many of your views on some key points. It doesnt feel much faster to me. I mean it is slightly but nothing dramatic. The IRS isnt anywhere near as dramatic to me either. It has a lot of the same unsureness Ive always noticed suspensionwise in Mjstangs. Not saying its not a great car, I just dont feel anything generations better, and in some ways my 05 is really almost more fun to drive. I agree its a better car but not to the extent you feel for me. I think the refinement takes away some of the Mustangness.

RobHunt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, RR, PP, 401A, NAV
Sweet ride, love the white. Great writeup, thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Nice write up, thanks! Sorry you had such a trial actually getting it, but sounds like it was worth the wait. Beautiful car... Congrats man! Enjoy the hell out of it.:cheers::headbang:

dannycoconuts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looks great!

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Great write up! I agree with all of your points. This car is just leaps and bounds better. The IRS and Torsen are so nice. Huge step up from my 03 Cobra and its IRS.

I love the ability to accelerate in a turn and keep the power to the ground and feel confident.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I gotta say coming from 4.6 GT as well, I dont share many of your views on some key points. It doesnt feel much faster to me. I mean it is slightly but nothing dramatic. The IRS isnt anywhere near as dramatic to me either. It has a lot of the same unsureness Ive always noticed suspensionwise in Mjstangs. Not saying its not a great car, I just dont feel anything generations better, and in some ways my 05 is really almost more fun to drive. I agree its a better car but not to the extent you feel for me. I think the refinement takes away some of the Mustangness.
Interesting feedback. First time I have heard anyone mention these things.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
what was going on w/ your first order? was it put in as a "dealer stock" and not retail?

OP
OP

DRKHR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what was going on w/ your first order? was it put in as a "dealer stock" and not retail?
yezzir! as well as… it got caught up in the Passenger seatbelt tensioner issues… as well as the catalytic converter issue.

Then just MIA throughout it all. And dealer stock status meant it went to the back of the line. Someone here in the valley picked up on a great car.. it sold the moment it landed… and it only arrived like 2 weeks before mine. *atleast they didn't have to go through the head and heart-aches*

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
yezzir! as well as… it got caught up in the Passenger seatbelt tensioner issues… as well as the catalytic converter issue.

Then just MIA throughout it all. And dealer stock status meant it went to the back of the line. Someone here in the valley picked up on a great car.. it sold the moment it landed… and it only arrived like 2 weeks before mine. *atleast they didn't have to go through the head and heart-aches*
i had a feeling it was. the wait was a killer for me even with a retail order. i can't imagine how you felt waiting 6 months for it.

with all that said, congrats on finally taking delivery. nice choice of color too!

Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Congrats on your new ride. Enjoy!

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Tyler from AZ

First off, i am a previous owner of 2007 Alloy S197 4.6L V8 5-spd GT Premium. (so this is my base comparison line). I had it modded pretty well with the works. CAI, TUNE, Koooks Headers - Catless X and Flowmaster 40's, U/D Pullies, Tokico D-Specs (Gas - Adjustable), Steeda Pentar Rims, on Nitto 555's, Dynotech Alluminum 1-piece Driveshaft , 4.10 Gears and a whole bunch of lil doo-dads.

So on with the new Mustang Story.

I was one of the Long, drawn-out, build and waits. My original build was put in on 6-19-14 and was always MIA or on recall repair.

I couldn't take the unpredictability with other people ordering that day and getting 2 months or so later so i reordered 11-6-14 and had a EDD of 1-13-15… ended up delivered on Friday 1-16-15 which was one day less than 1 year ago at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale when i saw the DIB one and knew it was what i was saving up for.

Ordered: 2015 GT Premium 6spd 5.0 V8 Oxford White, 400a, Performance Package, Recaro Race Seats

So I've said it 100 times since Barrett Jackson a year ago, and ill say it 1,000 more in the future… this car looks a million times "better", "meaner", "Cleaner", "amazing" in person. It shows a million times better in front of you than in photos. (which I'm happy people are getting amazing shots and they are looking much better in photos these days).

Drove it all weekend and only put 300 miles on it because i had so many things to do.

1. IN COMPARISON… this is not a mustang… i had a mustang… FORD hit their mark here when they went for the Sports Car feel and chased BMW and Porsche. It is a true GT vehicle. (I grew up driving and riding in my dads 2003 Twin Turbo Porsche 911) i know what a super-car/ GT car feels like.

2. To add to the initial point… this car is anywhere from 2-5 upgrades away from overall what most people define as "super-car" these days.

3. There is no point in comparing my 4.6L to this motor… feels like nothing in common or even in the same ballpark. This car bone-stock wants to just eat the road all up. It is FAST. and the more the motor christens in… it is so much more noticeable and smooth and FAST.

4. RECARO, RECARO, RECARO….. they are everyone's (including myself obviously) favorite feature. They are super nice and snug (for a production vehicle with integrated airbags in the seats). The quality and the leather are premium.

5. Performance Package: For someone who plans on tracking this vehicle (often) and retiring it to just pure "Beast in the garage that scares the neighborhood children"… this package is Heaven Sent. A lot of people are complaining about the 3.73 Gears… but obviously they haven't been up at 4.10 ever. When you gear higher you are asking for torque in every gear and obviously there are downsides (fuel mileage) the the huge track-capable upside. These 3.73's are going to be fun as hell on the track! The suspension and rim set-up is nice from the factory. And the Brembo Brakes are just icing on the PP cake.
GRANTED in will replace almost everything this kit came with other than the Gears, Brakes (for now) but it is still plenty worth the money for even only those two upgrades.

6. IRS… noticeable as all hell. No more rear end slam-hopping over railroad tracks or uneven ground. These two wheels now just hug to the road so snug. Night and Day again.

7. Overall… I couldn't be more stoked about the body style and performance of this "entry level" GT back into the car world. The plan is to literally have this car forever… i chose a good one. Im happy.:ford:

IMO of course

O and by the way… and my panels and fitment and hood came looking great… first hood I've messed with on these new 15's that closes like it should.. no adjustments, no paint concerns. The factory is rolling.

15p1k5w.jpg

zvvevp.jpg

2e4vo5v.jpg
Nice write up...... Enjoy the new ride, it it was a long wait... :) Old Car Guy John

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I'm looking at your pictures and it appears that the hood gap where it meets the bumper cover across the front is not straight...smaller gap in the middle, bigger on the drivers side. Is that just the photo, or is that for real? When you say its just 2-5 upgrades away from being a supercar, I don't think supercars are assembled with the kinds of trim issues people have written about on here (mine included). I'd expect better on a top-of-the-line GT.

OP
OP

DRKHR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice, down to earth writeup! What kind of motorcycle is that?
its a HD "Crossbones" (softail family).. going for the bobber look… need to chop up the rear end and tidy up the bars. Mod bug exists for bikes too obviously :headband:

2nhzy9h.jpg
Sponsored