Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Mark, your posts are always top-notch and this was no exception.

Some Karcher's are probably better than the AR Blue I started with and certainly better than the chinese model I just threw in the trash and I hope you get many more years out of the one you have. I mean, after all, we're only talking about washing and rinsing a vehicle here so it doesn't take much. I was reasonably happy with the cheapos, they did the job, at least the wetting down and rinsing part. Not so much on the cannon part so that's one of the reasons I wanted to upgrade.

I too am obsessive about "gloss and slick" Mark so it was a bummer to read about Reload. I haven't heard about that problem anywhere on The Toob but odds are, since I'll be applying the same CarPro ceramic, I probably have a useless bottle of the stuff. I'll let you know how that goes and if necessary, I'll grab some of Meguiar's Ceramic Detailer.

OG's custom Kranzle wand and some other OG-specific stuff showed up yesterday and I swear, I have never seen a nicer pressure washer wand. But, I think the machine must be coming from Germany by bote. :cool:

KB

1608220001479.png
Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I misspoke (miswrote?), but CeramicPro actually calls the yearly 'maintenance' an 'inspection,' but they do try to fix any problems.

lvevo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arnie
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, IX GSR
I too am obsessive about "gloss and slick" Mark so it was a bummer to read about Reload. I haven't heard about that problem anywhere on The Toob but odds are, since I'll be applying the same CarPro ceramic, I probably have a useless bottle of the stuff. I'll let you know how that goes and if necessary, I'll grab some of Meguiar's Ceramic Detailer.

OG's custom Kranzle wand and some other OG-specific stuff showed up yesterday and I swear, I have never seen a nicer pressure washer wand. But, I think the machine must be coming from Germany by bote. :cool:

KB
KB,
Mark is talking about Ceramic Pro ceramic coating, which is not made by Car Pro. Car Pro does make a ceramic coating (Cquartz UK 3.0 the latest?) that will work with Reload (Made by Car Pro).

Also OG Garage Kranzle "package" uses different offices to lower the PSI and get higher flow GPM. Matt from OG Garage likes about 1100 psi with the highest flow possible. This also lower the power consumption, but not for the foam canon. KB you probably know this already, just pointing it out to others that said the pressure washer may be bad for paint. It may be bad in stock form, but not the way OG Garage modifies it.

Thanks,

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Arnie: Best news of the day, amigo...thanks. They are similar and my befuffled old brain got 'em mixed up. What I have is the latest top of the line CarPro ceramic so I should be good to go. Damn sure didn't make sense to me that their maintainer would cloud up the finish.

Thanks, brother...and I will up date this after I do the first vehicle...Real Soon Now. :cool:

10-4 on all the things you mentioned about OG...I've watched the vids and think I'm ready to go once the machine arrives. Kinda bummed that it's taking so long.

lvevo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arnie
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, IX GSR
Arnie: Best news of the day, amigo...thanks. They are similar and my befuffled old brain got 'em mixed up. What I have is the latest top of the line CarPro ceramic so I should be good to go. Damn sure didn't make sense to me that their maintainer would cloud up the finish.

Thanks, brother...and I will up date this after I do the first vehicle...Real Soon Now. :cool:

10-4 on all the things you mentioned about OG...I've watched the vids and think I'm ready to go once the machine arrives. Kinda bummed that it's taking so long.
One thing I and one other person noticed too is that the quick disconnect for the water spout to garden hose, the hose bib on your house, had the rubber washer installed backwards. When I turned on the water, it leaked a lot from the inside of the quick disconnect. I reserved the rubber washer and all is good now. I can't remember what the rubber washer looked when installed correctly though. Use a lot of plumbers tape and nothing will leak.

Thanks,

Sponsored

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
My second in probably as many years cheap electric pressure washer bit the dust today. Thought it might have been the GFI dongle as it was on the first machine (AR Blue) but I cut that off and wired a plug directly, no help. Into the trash minus the cable, hose, and my aftermarket wand.

"I've had all I can stands and I can't stands no more." (If you can name the character who said that, you get something extra from Santa.) :cool:

So, I bit the bullet and ordered OG's favorite car washing rig. Hopefully, I won't be chucking this fella into the trash for at least ten years. <laughing>

It's a Kranzle portable. Were I still up North where we all had big drains in the garage, I might have gone with a wall unit but it just doesn't get that cold down here where you can't wash a vehicle outdoors in the Winter. I figure this would come in handy on other jobs, too where I don't want or need the Honda-powered version I have out back.

1607724505119.png

Grabbed a shot of Sarah right after the damn thing quit working...and the water just fell off those wheels, BTW.

1607724566332.jpeg

Some of you may remember me whining about the horrible condition of the roads around here..(magnified by the shipping blocks in the rear!) well, good things come to those who wait I guess. See where the arrow is pointing? Yep, that's a road crew and they're paving the main road in and out of here.

1607724653093.jpeg

1607724665480.jpeg

Good old "Public Works." :cool:

1607724694196.jpeg

Drove her around the block a couple times after the wash job, doing some accelerating/braking to warm up the rotors and pads and hopefully dry them off. I don't expect to have the stuck pads again by using this procedure after a wash.

Now, who knows when the rear pads will be available from PowerStop.

I'll report on the pressure washer after it arrives and I get her set up.

KB
Funny! My PW Team was by dropping fill just two days ago after a rain storm. I been working on the water actually getting to the drains properly And the roads have been a ton better. It's at a T stop sign and pass through and with the rocks that build up from the puddles of water. I get no traction. But now. No more loose gravel all the time. Got to do the work for the boys. They can't do it all. lol

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Arnie, I still don't have a warm and fuzzy about which of the adapters goes where. When I see the input for the machine, I figure it will be clear. Thing is, there appears to only be one QD fitting in the accessories bag and I thought it would be QD fittings at both ends of the blue input hose. Now I'm thinking that is only at the machine side of things and you need to thread a female on to the hose bib normally. Then again, with my luck , that could be completely backwards. <chuckling>

I'll definitely watch out for the rubber washer.

Got a reply from OG about the delay and was told they're backed up like many others and unfortunately, the holiday "peak shipping season" is upon us which just adds to the additional number of boxes.

Watched Matt's setup vid today and was surprised to learn that the machine needs to be on its back when in use for the oil to be able to lube everything. Sure hope it has a dummy kill switch because dummy me is sure to forget at least once.

Appreciate the tidbits and if you think of others, please share.

lvevo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arnie
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, IX GSR
Thanks, Arnie, I still don't have a warm and fuzzy about which of the adapters goes where. When I see the input for the machine, I figure it will be clear. Thing is, there appears to only be one QD fitting in the accessories bag and I thought it would be QD fittings at both ends of the blue input hose. Now I'm thinking that is only at the machine side of things and you need to thread a female on to the hose bib normally. Then again, with my luck , that could be completely backwards. <chuckling>
I got two QD for the blue hose, but I got the entry level Karcher. Maybe the Kranzle will have a QD "stock"? I can't see how you can make it work any other way for the input on the machine with out two QD for the blue hose. I remember all my QD were connected, male and female together, in the bag when I opened it. The QD for my pressure washer hose are a different size to that of the blue hose going to the bib. I got the wand QD mixed up at first. It became clear when I needed that smaller fitting else where.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again, Arnie. Just got word from FedBox that my machine has shipped and allegedly will arrive on the 23rd. We shall see but it would make for a nice Christmas present. :cool:

Interesting that you received two QD's, just have to wait until the machine gets here but Matt did point out in the vid that everything is pre-assembled except "three connections" and I have three fittings. It's either correct or it isn't but one way or t'other, I bet I can get her working. :-)

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Mark, your posts are always top-notch and this was no exception.

Some Karcher's are probably better than the AR Blue I started with and certainly better than the chinese model I just threw in the trash and I hope you get many more years out of the one you have. I mean, after all, we're only talking about washing and rinsing a vehicle here so it doesn't take much. I was reasonably happy with the cheapos, they did the job, at least the wetting down and rinsing part. Not so much on the cannon part so that's one of the reasons I wanted to upgrade.

KB

1608220001479.png
I ordered this and all the fittings for my AR blue as well. Excited to get it in, and have the option between long wand and short

Sponsored
OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Arnie: I found the other QD fittings, they were hiding. Pretty sure I have what I need to hook up the input hose so I should be good to go. The weather guessers are calling for mostly sunny with a high of 77 on delivery day, the 23rd, so it's a safe bet I'll be testing her out on Wednesday, IF FedBox comes through for me. :-)

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I’m subscribing to this thread !!! I’ve been try balling this pressure washing solution from Obsesses Garage for months now.

im looking forward to your thoughts on it after you use it.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Christmas came early for this kid. <smiling> The OG-Kranzle 1122TST showed up unexpectedly and was a very nice surprise. I had the accessories ready to install and that only took a couple minutes. Plugged her into my garage 20A circuit with a dedicated panel GFI..fired up the pump...she just purred. :cool:

So, I grabbed my little pocket video recorder, and grabbed some footage. Here is a Toob clip of the result.

Kranzle 1122TST First Use

It was only slightly chilly yesterday and I did a complete test. Did the wheels then rinsed, soap cannon, let that soak, rinse, changed to Poly Gloss, foamed the car, let that soak a few, rinsed, and blew dry.

This soap cannon + Kranzle is FAR better than the one I got from Chemical guys but I doubt it was their product's fault. The problem was the low flow and pressure of the cheap machines.

Couldn't be happier.

So here's wishing all of you the happiest, safest, and healthiest Christmas possible. Ditto for the remainder of the holiday season.