Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
IMG_20200713_145125.jpg
IMG_20200713_145058.jpg
IMG_20200713_145050.jpg

Camber plates should be fairly indestructible, right?
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
That sucks OP. I usually have better luck with FedEx than UPS.
Is there anything damaged?

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
The shipper (Steeda) should sent a replacement if there's any damage. That's probably why they ship with FedEx instead of USPS.

Good thing you took pictures before opening it :like:

OP
OP
Dave TBG

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
That sucks OP. I usually have better luck with FedEx than UPS.
Is there anything damaged?
The parts look OK, just a little scuffed. I also usually have better luck with FedEx than UPS , but it's a case of "worst" vs "second worst," they're both bad.
The shipper (Steeda) should sent a replacement if there's any damage. That's probably why they ship with FedEx instead of USPS.

Good thing you took pictures before opening it :like:
That's why I took the pictures ;) All shippers offer insurance and most companies will either use the insurance or assume the risk themselves. I've had enough headaches with insurance claims with UPS and FedEx over the years that I only ship with USPS for the last 15 years.

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I’ve had great luck with FedEx. It’s just they seem to deliver at the exact moment I step out. USPS and UPS for me, deliver approx same time each day. Glad your stuff is ok.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda (like others) sometimes doesn't do a good job of packing the box correctly. Not to say the FedEx conveyor didn't crush the box with a heavier item behind the little one...

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
Most shippers skimp on the packaging/packing in favor of a cheaper rate, assuming the risk of damage. When you consider how much these companies spend on shipping per year, its quite remarkable they might offer free shipping.

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
I think most manufacturers are not “shippers“
They only can fix this issue with feedback from customers and transport companies. If they didn’t care and kept shipping products poorly, we would spread the word and they would lose a great amount of support. On the other side of the coin, minimum wage dock workers who don’t care and the drivers that are on a go go with there boss need to just get it to our door so it’s up to us to let the manufacture know, like I did. Funny enough it was Steeda and fedex lol that I had the same and only problem. I let them know and they fixed me up :thumbsup:

oh no, wait one moment, I had an issue with AM but no need to worry, I don’t buy from them anymore lol

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Funny enough it was Steeda and fedex lol that I had the same and only problem. I let them know and they fixed me up
I did the same and I think they are doing a better job. Steeda ships some heavy and oddly-shaped items that don't readily lend themselves to common boxes. For example I would ship pre-built shock assemblies in 1/4" gauge round tube (think concrete forms) instead of hoping a single-wall box was going to survive the trip. The metals industry ships bundles of AL6061 rounds up to 8ft long in beefy round carboard tubes so it's not like there isn't a readily available materials. It just takes someone in shipping to pay attention to what they are doing and to be empowered/educated in selecting the proper methodology. I used to work for Allied Van Lines so proper packing was a skill I learned since if you want to see 'manhandling' defined, try a warehouse worker cross-loading a container.
Sponsored