Sponsored

FP2 vs FP3

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Anyone know if there is a difference in the calibration between the two other than the bump in rev limit? I've got the FP2 calibration loaded on mine with the GT350 intake and throttle body, but i'm going to be fitting the GT350 manifold, and want to know if its worth finding a FP3 calibration or just leaving it as is.
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
For the most part it's just the rev limit being raised, which seems like a small inconsiderate change but it's where you get the most power out of the new manifold.

The car will run fine as is, but I would definitely look to make a change to the limiter otherwise you're greatly limiting the power potential of the new manifold. It most likely will lose power under the current limiter.

You can't really find a genuine PP3 tune as those are tied to the VIN, you'd have to find some other method of reflashing to a new calibration that matches the PP3.

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have HP tuners, so bumping the rev limit isn't a problem. Theres a couple of PP3 maps on their forum, that's were i got my PP2 map from and the car runs great with it.
Just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else in the map that might cause some damage.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I have HP tuners, so bumping the rev limit isn't a problem. Theres a couple of PP3 maps on their forum, that's were i got my PP2 map from and the car runs great with it.
You should be able to easily compare the 2 and see what else is different. I was only able to find the RPM cutoff.
Sponsored