FP/Roush Blower Stage II

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Really on the fence with this one. Granger Ford will do the install pre delivery when my car gets to them in OCt. Warranty stays intact that way. I have the funds to pay cash.

My concern is resale down the road. I am a high mileage driver. 20/25k yearly so, in three years, I tend to roll out of a car. So, is the s/c going to help or hurt my resale ?

Y'alls thoughts ?
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
With 60-75k on the odometer all will be a harder sell. With Supercharger?
I may look at that and say, ok a lot of highway miles, probably stayed out of the pedal.
Now a low mileage supercharged, I'm thinking evertime that car was driven it was to relieve stress and driven hard.
Heck with the way our lives and cars are changing, 3 years could be a completely different world. Don't sweat it.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Really on the fence with this one. Granger Ford will do the install pre delivery when my car gets to them in OCt. Warranty stays intact that way. I have the funds to pay cash.

My concern is resale down the road. I am a high mileage driver. 20/25k yearly so, in three years, I tend to roll out of a car. So, is the s/c going to help or hurt my resale ?

Y'alls thoughts ?
I may be wrong about this, but I don’t believe the 5/60 will remain unquestionably intact. After the Roush 3/36 expires (quickly in your case) you’ll still have the 5/60 but any problems related to the mod will not be covered. You may get a friendly service dept but it’s risky.

then again, if you stick with the Roush tune and treat it well you may not have any Issues after any during the first 36k reveal themselves. But it’s not going to be as reliable as stock. I am guessing that’s why Roush doesn’t offer a 5/60 for extra $.

A supercharged Mustang is an entirely different experience and well worth the $ and risk, I think. Easy for me to say when I don’t have a long commute in it…

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The sales manager at the dealership where I bought my Mustang told me that the Roush/Ford Performance SC would improve Resale but probably only about 50% of what the cost of the kit would be. He recommended keeping receipts of the SC and installation costs. Other dealers may not agree. It is hard to say what a private party sale would yield but if you found the right buyer, I would think the SC would be a benefit. With the wrong buyer, it would be a detriment.

The dealer where I purchased the car does not sell or install superchargers so he obviously wasn't trying to convince me to do it.

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT: PP1: 300A: Lightning Blue
F the resale, buy it. You won’t regret it, but if you don’t get it you’ll second guess yourself to death until you do.

And yes the 5/60 remains.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
That is my understanding. That is why Ford specifies dealer installation vs "Under the 'ol oak tree." The 3/36 from Roush covers the S/C. Majority of my driving is highway. No can track since my mild stroke.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
There might be a difference between buying a new Mustang and having the SC installed at the same time vs having the SC installed on an existing Mustang.

When installed on an existing car, my understanding is that the 5/60 Ford powertrain warranty is dead. It is replaced by the Roush 3/36 powertrain warranty from the car's original in-service date. The remainder of the 3/36 bumper to bumper Ford warranty is still in place....minus the powertrain.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
That is my understanding. That is why Ford specifies dealer installation vs "Under the 'ol oak tree." The 3/36 from Roush covers the S/C. Majority of my driving is highway. No can track since my mild stroke.
I think you’re wrong, Bruceinc is right…I would check with Roush first.

having said that, you only live once. The Roush kit will be as reliable as any aftermarket FI kit so if you have the desire I say just go for it. All of the worries of modding your car in this particular way will vanish whenever you get on the gas.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Bottom line, I need to ask Zack@granger. :bow: :crackup:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Question:

Federal law says catalytic converters are covered for 8 years/80,000 miles. So, if your cat fails after the powertrain warranty is over, who pays....Ford or Roush? The Roush kit is emissions legal so cats should be covered....shouldn't they?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
We are going to find out here pretty soon who has more weight when it comes to warranty. I have fired another warning shot to Beechmont Ford about a lemon claim and they want to deflect it to Roush.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Question:

Federal law says catalytic converters are covered for 8 years/80,000 miles. So, if your cat fails after the powertrain warranty is over, who pays....Ford or Roush? The Roush kit is emissions legal so cats should be covered....shouldn't they?
It would be on Ford. The sc is to far upstream so to speak. Now if the car has headers ? Whole different ball of wax IMHO.
Sponsored