Found: Source of clunk

2017RoushStage3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3, 2006 Saleen SC
Here’s a pic of what’s being referred to.
C31EA5DC-22C1-4B28-AC3F-445C06281819.jpeg
Awesome! Thanks.
So the next question is what is it for and what would cause it to be loose and wobbly? If I was to order a new one, what is it called? What would happen If I just remove it?
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Awesome! Thanks.
So the next question is what is it for and what would cause it to be loose and wobbly? If I was to order a new one, what is it called? What would happen If I just remove it?
It’s called a shift dampener, but I’m not exactly sure what it’s true function is, or if it’s even effective. I too am wondering whether or not removing it would be an issue.

_eco_beast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
It’s called a shift dampener, but I’m not exactly sure what it’s true function is, or if it’s even effective. I too am wondering whether or not removing it would be an issue.
I just bought a 2020 mustang gt 6spd and have been hearing a rattle type sound as well. Started searching under the car and came across this damper also and am pretty sure it’s the source of my noise .I was thinking some sort of spacer as well.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I just bought a 2020 mustang gt 6spd and have been hearing a rattle type sound as well. Started searching under the car and came across this damper also and am pretty sure it’s the source of my noise .I was thinking some sort of spacer as well.
Whenever I get back to having a garage again, I plan to investigate this more thoroughly.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
wrap it with a few layers of bicycle inner-tube?
Sponsored