Formula 1 talk.

Yorkshire_OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Track limits is the suck. Put a physical penalty in place and let them figure it out.
The annoying thing about Singapore is the curbs ere so aggressive that stopped track limit issues. And everyone complained so they’ve smoothed them out and now people complain about track limits.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Yeah, that was totally on him as he admitted. George had nowhere to go. Should have been a great points day for MB. But hats off to McLaren. Oscar and Lando had great races.
Hello; Interesting. I would like to see a transcript of what LH said. I watched the interview but did not quite catch all he said.
I caught the bit about Russell not having any place to go. True enough as Max was to his right and LH was pinching him from the left. What I saw was a huge amount of unused track space to LH's left.
What I did not hear was LH saying something like: Yeah man I really screwed up and pulled a bonehead move.
Russell made a good race anyway and came from the back of the field.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; A couple of things other than LH's bad move during the race. First is the tire change rule. I do not get the channel on which the sprint race was televised. I also recorded the race and skipped ahead to the formation lap. Took a while to figure out, but I think the drivers had to start the race on tires they finished the sprint with. Can this be correct?

The other thing was the heat factor. I guess any additions to the cars to cool the drivers adds weight so does not happen??? I think NASCAR drivers have used cool suits/helmets before. Seems if the races are to beheld in very hot/humid places the tech ought to be created.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Very interesting angle, I think. I still think Hamilton messed up, he couldve been just a little wider and made it. But this looks like Russel moved a little??

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Very interesting angle, I think. I still think Hamilton messed up, he couldve been just a little wider and made it. But this looks like Russel moved a little??

No, I do not think so. You know I'm a big Lewis fan but this one was on him. He couldn't see that George had no room to move to his right. He should have give him just a little more room and they would have gotten through. But that's racing.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

Hello; Pause the video at 8 seconds. Max and george are about as far to the right as is possible. LH has plenty of room to the left of the track but he decides to try to cut off his teammate much too late. I do not know if LH could have stayed on track had he moved over to the left and given his teammate enough room. Likely he understood doing so would be the slower way around the curve.

I enjoy the attempts to excuse the behavior of LH. Such has come to be expected. A thing is LH is not a rookie. He is touted as one of the great drivers of all time. He knew better or should have known the move would not work. Perhaps he expected George to back out and give way, but he made the turn in move too late.
This was his first recorded response.
“Heat of the moment, I didn’t understand what happened but I don’t think George had anywhere to go. I’m happy to take responsibility for it."

Later he took responsibility. Guess he had looked at the videos by then.

"Hamilton wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter, after the race, saying: “I’ve watched the replay and it was 100% my fault and I take full responsibility. Apologies to my team and to George.”"

But carry on. I do miss Dale Earnhart SR. He was, to my mind, perhaps the greatest on track driver. Of Off track he was not given to BS. If he pulled a bonehead move, he said so without making up excuses. He knew and understood what he was doing all the time in a car.

Last edited:

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Hello; Pause the video at 8 seconds. Max and george are about as far to the right as is possible. LH has plenty of room to the left of the track but he decides to try to cut off his teammate much too late. I do not know if LH could have stayed on track had he moved over to the left and given his teammate enough room. Likely he understood doing so would be the slower way around the curve.

I enjoy the attempts to excuse the behavior of LH. Such has come to be expected. A thing is LH is not a rookie. He is touted as one of the great drivers of all time. He knew better or should have known the move would not work. Perhaps he expected George to back out and give way, but he made the turn in move too late.
This was his first recorded response.
“Heat of the moment, I didn’t understand what happened but I don’t think George had anywhere to go. I’m happy to take responsibility for it."

Later he took responsibility. Guess he had looked at the videos by then.

"Hamilton wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter, after the race, saying: “I’ve watched the replay and it was 100% my fault and I take full responsibility. Apologies to my team and to George.”"

But carry on. I do miss Dale Earnhart SR. He was, to my mind, perhaps the greatest on track driver. Of track he was not given to BS. If he pulled a bonehead move, he said so without making up excuses. He knew and understood what he was doing all the time in a car.
I'd get the same results "arguing" with you as I would talking to a wall. Lewis admitted fault, he was wrong just like I said. watch it at .25 speed and let me know what you see right before the contact with Lewis. Does the gap between Russel and Max open or not? With out all your other bullshit, just answer that one question. I clearly said Lewis messed up and should've left more room, I'm not trying to pin the blame on Russel or anything. I just stated a fact. Right before the contact the gap between Russel and Max opened up.

Did that little bit of maybe understeer cause it? who knows, Fact is if Lewis would've given more room it wouldn't have happens. I was just pointing out to you... God knows why that maybe it isn't always 100% his fault. But you are a Lewis hater, if the dude cured cancer, you'd first say it wasn't his job to do then say he should've done it sooner.

Im just going back to ignoring you like most others do.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
watch it at .25 speed and let me know what you see right before the contact with Lewis.
Hello; Looked at 1/4 speed. Do not see what you claim. When I pause at 8 seconds I see all three cars side by side. At 1/4 speed pause again at 9 sec and it shows LH turning into Russell as if he were ahead rather than still beside him.

Yes LH eventually did take 100% blame for the wreck.
after the race, saying: “I’ve watched the replay and it was 100% my fault and I take full responsibility. Apologies to my team and to George.”"
But I waste time. Gotta love the way some put others on ignore as if that changes anything.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Hello; Looked at 1/4 speed. Do not see what you claim. When I pause at 8 seconds I see all three cars side by side. At 1/4 speed pause again at 9 sec and it shows LH turning into Russell as if he were ahead rather than still beside him.

Yes LH eventually did take 100% blame for the wreck.

But I waste time. Gotta love the way some put others on ignore as if that changes anything.

Again i 100% blame Lewis, he shouldve given more space. But if you are trying to claim you are not seeing russels car on a different angle then Max and Lewis..... you really are letting your hatred blind you... Max wheels one right in front of the other, Lewis wheels one right in front of the other, Russels wheels, offset....

1696893561774.png

1696893831501.png

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Max wheels one right in front of the other, Lewis wheels one right in front of the other, Russels wheels, offset....
Hello; Apply that logic to the other cars in the picture for what it is worth. All were entering a curve. But even accepting the logic it is clear in the two images you selected Russell is about the same distance from Max in both. It is clear that LH is diving into Russell's path and is about to tear his right rear tire off. LH tried a move that was not there. He should have known better. It was just a stroke of luck he did not take out both team cars.
Nothing Russell did mitigates LH's bad move. I do not like LH for a number of things over the years. I do not have to like him. Such is the way of things. I admire some of the other drivers. You like LH. Let it be that way. That I dislike LH does not change the dumb move he made any more than you liking him does. He pulled a bonehead move and has to own it.

All during the race there were times when two cars ran side by side in the curves. The cars move around. The outside car generally having the less desirable line. The guy on the outside has to stay to the outside line and not turn into the apex.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It's evolutionarily sound.

My favorite is when done competitively on some forums.

1696897124102.png
Sponsored