Formula 1 talk.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I know I would not be over it...probably for the rest of my life.

You are talking a world record 8 time championship...something that only comes along once.
Hello; Too bad for Lewis. He lost on the track fair and square. He was passed on the track and did not have enough points. Championships are not entitlements and need to be earned.
I do find it amusing there is already a justification for why yesterdays "botched" safety car restart is not a big deal. Same sort/type of justification was made for last years "botched" restart and that was dismissed by the uproar. In the meantime, the rules were solidified so last year's restart could not happen were they not? Anyway, only mid pack teams were potentially affected by having a lapped (slow) car in their midst and so far I have not heard of them squawking.
Isn't there an ongoing outcry for the rules to be consistent??
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
What a two year old. His behavior both on and off track totally supersedes his talent on track. What a shame because he has what it takes to be one of the best.

https://www.planetf1.com/features/max-verstappen-sao-paulo-gp-monaco-revenge/

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mika-hakkinen-max-verstappen-team-comes-first/
He just showed the world what most of us haters of him already knew.

Hello; Too bad for Lewis. He lost on the track fair and square. He was passed on the track and did not have enough points. Championships are not entitlements and need to be earned.
I do find it amusing there is already a justification for why yesterdays "botched" safety car restart is not a big deal. Same sort/type of justification was made for last years "botched" restart and that was dismissed by the uproar. In the meantime, the rules were solidified so last year's restart could not happen were they not? Anyway, only mid pack teams were potentially affected by having a lapped (slow) car in their midst and so far I have not heard of them squawking.
Jesus Christ you are slow... I apologize I had no idea I was speaking to someone with a disability... I'm sorry.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
He just showed the world what most of us haters of him already knew.
I do not hate him, I just want his dad to smack him upside his head. Champion or no champion every driver is expendable. He may need to learn this the hard way.

Jesus Christ you are slow... I apologize I had no idea I was speaking to someone with a disability... I'm sorry.
It works
4387F25C-8EB3-4A2C-B8C7-8FA09E9E1ECA.jpeg

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Again, I am not arguing whether he lost fair and square...just that I know that *I* would not be over losing a championship that I felt I won....period.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
No, the same thing DID NOT happen, the safety car came in the lap AFTER the cars were waved around just like the rules state... We all get it, the rule is hard for you to understand. Even though it's been pointed out time and time and time and time again for you, you can't seem to understand that a rule was broken. Very few people complained about why just let the cars between Max and Lewis by last year, most understand that it states "any" and that doesn't mean "all" though it's always been all before that incident. what most are "crying" about as you say, the rule (once again because you can't seem to understand this) the safety car come in the lap AFTER the cars are waved around. that rule was broken, that's why Lewis didn't pit. IF they knew that rule was going to be broken, they would have had Lewis come in.

The sad part is, because you are such a Lewis hater, if he would've pitted and Max stayed out, then Masi did the same thing. you'd be crying that Masi gave Lewis the championship by breaking the rules. And dont sit here and act like you wouldnt.
Hello; You err some more. I am not a Max fanboy. In fact Max is fast becoming more and more Lewis like over time. I called it the "it is all about me" attitude in a post some time ago. I get the bosses at RB will likely keep Max around after he defied the orders yesterday. Maybe he has an enduring contract or some such. Max needs to be benched by the team or some other such. Maybe put a reserve driver in his car.
Lewis has done the same in terms of not following team orders. Those incidences are among the reasons I came to dislike him. Not because I like Max.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Again, I am not arguing whether he lost fair and square...just that I know that *I* would not be over losing a championship that I felt I won....period.
Hello; That I can agree with. I get why Lewis is so upset. I might take solace in having seven championships and tens (perhaps hundreds) of millions of dollars and figure I've had a really wonderful life if I were in his shoes. But that's just me.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
What's sad is I've never ignored a single person ever, never... not people with different political views or anything. Sad that I would have to now because of some clown and F1.

Hello; You err some more. I am not a Max fanboy. In fact Max is fast becoming more and more Lewis like over time. I called it the "it is all about me" attitude in a post some time ago. I get the bosses at RB will likely keep Max around after he defied the orders yesterday. Maybe he has an enduring contract or some such. Max needs to be benched by the team or some other such. Maybe put a reserve driver in his car.
Lewis has done the same in terms of not following team orders. Those incidences are among the reasons I came to dislike him. Not because I like Max.
I never said you were a Max fanboi. I have no shame saying I'm a Max hater and a Lewis fanboi. BUT I believe Max has a world of talent. I'm not sure if its this forum or another that I even posted that I believe Max shouldn't have been given a penalty yesterday. I view it as his "I'm not lifting attitude" but was more a racing incident then anything. He had a gap... for a second... went for it and had the door closed and bounced off the curb. Dudes' pinky toenail clippings have more driving talent then me. But his attitude always stinks

Also, every driver has refused team orders, every single one.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
What's sad is I've never ignored a single person ever, never... not people with different political views or anything. Sad that I would have to now because of some clown and F1.

I never said you were a Max fanboi. I have no shame saying I'm a Max hater and a Lewis fanboi. BUT I believe Max has a world of talent. I'm not sure if its this forum or another that I even posted that I believe Max shouldn't have been given a penalty yesterday. I view it as his "I'm not lifting attitude" but was more a racing incident then anything. He had a gap... for a second... went for it and had the door closed and bounced off the curb. Dudes' pinky toenail clippings have more driving talent then me. But his attitude always stinks

Also, every driver has refused team orders, every single one.
Hello; I also do not have anyone on the forum on ignore. Does not make sense. Your name calling and putdowns remind me of a different thread when some could not make substantial and reasoned arguments so resort to things such as
" Jesus Christ you are slow... I apologize I had no idea I was speaking to someone with a disability... "
How this furthers your stance is not clear.

I am interested to learn how you know every driver has defied team orders. I certainly do not. I get the replay of radio talk between teams over the years. I hear teams giving orders and see some drivers ignoring those orders. Max did yesterday and put his team drivers second place in jeopardy. Other drivers have also done the same. I do not like such.

F1 is unique in the team's field two nearly identical cars and race for team championships. Either car can do well and that helps the team. Does not matter which car or which driver. The drivers' championship is secondary to the sport. Not to the drivers of course. I suppose it becomes inevitable that a winning driver gets full of himself. Too bad.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I am interested to learn how you know every driver has defied team orders. I certainly do not. I get the replay of radio talk between teams over the years. I hear teams giving orders and see some drivers ignoring those orders. Max did yesterday and put his team drivers second place in jeopardy. Other drivers have also done the same. I do not like such.

When I say ignore a team order I don't mean just something "high profile" like allowing your teammate to pass and not doing it. I mean just that ignore the team order no matter how small. i.e. Latifi or Yuki last year when both were told to back off their teammates and didn't. taking multiple requests before finally doing it. that was still defying the order. Bottas for being told not to push for the fastest lap and still doing it. I can pull up an instance on about every driver in the last decade or 2 that have done it, From Massa, to Vettel, Lewis, Bottas, Leclerc, Russel anyone. Some (most) just don't get broadcasted on the national feed. There are a couple really good YT channels out there that give great radio feedback, "for F1" "f1 radio for fans" (its Spanish but the radio transmissions are in English)

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
The drivers' championship is secondary to the sport. Not to the drivers of course. I suppose it becomes inevitable that a winning driver gets full of himself. Too bad.
Many would argue the other way. Merc won the constructors championship last year, But Max gets the glory. Of course, they want to win the constructors championship first. but all anyone really remembers is the driver. Its the same in all sports, most dont care that Chevy won the manufactures championship in NASCAR, Joey Lagano wont the championship, same with Motop GP or any other sport. Last yeah Fabio won the riders championship in Moto GP Ducati won teams and constructors but "no one "cares. BUT i do agree that the team should come first each and every time. drivers come and go, the team "will always be there" (just under different names sometimes lol)

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Lewis gives ground. What a crock of ….. Like he did at Silverstone and punted Verstappen in to the wall at 170mph. Ya ok.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Horner will need to do something to re-establish control....we may never know what it is. If it were me, I'd make sure Max has zero chance of being in contention the last race whatever that entails. What Max wants right now is to add to his record of winning races for the season...so take that away to show control.

As to the racing incident between him and Lewis, it is the same it has ever been. The difference is Lewis had nothing to lose and did not give ground. It is risky as you never know who is going to come out on top with those so Lewis typically gives ground. Max's go to move is always to late brake and dive into the corner and hope the other driver gives way...which works most of the time.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
If your going to go after Verstsppen for his nonsense you should do the same and acknowledge Hamilton’s nonsense as well. There is no bigger Diva in F1 then Hamilton right now, right down to his fluffer that’s in tow every where. None of it is good for the sport by any of them.

What a two year old. His behavior both on and off track totally supersedes his talent on track. What a shame because he has what it takes to be one of the best.

https://www.planetf1.com/features/max-verstappen-sao-paulo-gp-monaco-revenge/

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mika-hakkinen-max-verstappen-team-comes-first/

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
It’s pretty interesting that there’s no financial benefit to the driver for the championship, all goes to the constructors. I’m referring to a type of prize for winning not on the secondary market.

Many would argue the other way. Merc won the constructors championship last year, But Max gets the glory. Of course, they want to win the constructors championship first. but all anyone really remembers is the driver. Its the same in all sports, most dont care that Chevy won the manufactures championship in NASCAR, Joey Lagano wont the championship, same with Motop GP or any other sport. Last yeah Fabio won the riders championship in Moto GP Ducati won teams and constructors but "no one "cares. BUT i do agree that the team should come first each and every time. drivers come and go, the team "will always be there" (just under different names sometimes lol)

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
It’s pretty interesting that there’s no financial benefit to the driver for the championship, all goes to the constructors. I’m referring to a type of prize for winning not on the secondary market.
Hello; This matches my understanding as well. The team cars are awarded points for their finishes and money at the end of a season for championship points. Have to place in the top ten to get car points. Does not matter which car get a place in a race.

I see this sports hero sort of thing in football a lot. Often the players who handle the ball get the greater accolades. Thing is a good quarterback or running back cannot do well behind a good front line. Have seen it too many times. Football is a team sport. Some quarterbacks understand and give the line the credit it deserves.
Sponsored