Forgestar fake warranty

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
To all my forgestar wheel owners out here. Who has used the “ lifetime structure warranty”.

if so please share your experience

Being that this car is only drove on Sunny weekend. It don’t see much road time. Till now … I was driving Down 85 and I as I went to pass some one the car starts shaking like hell. So I was like I must have flung a weight off. So I bring the car I’m for a rebalance. Just to find outmy wheel f14 showed up with a slight bend that wasn’t caught till after a tire was mounted. So I contacted MW company that make forgestar , welder and a lot more wheel and tell them my situation and ask how to get this wheel warranty on the lifetime structure warranty. Just to be told that once a tire is mounted on the wheel the warranty is no longer valid. So is the warranty just on the box? Cause who spins a brand now wheel right out the box. No one. So if any one can explain this to me I’m all ears.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So, it wasn't shaking previously even though the wheel had a slight bend in it? How long have you been driving on them?

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
No dog in this fight but I was curious enough to look up their warranty. Their online site has this up.
Screenshot_20221205-075701_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't see any exceptions for mounting a tire on their wheels. In fact, the one year portion says in normal use which would seem to include mounting a tire.
You don't say how long you have owned the wheels nor why you are just noticing a vibration or why you think this is a "structural" defect and not something from a road hazard.
I think that you are going to have to decide how hard you want to fight this. Do you intend to hire a lawyer or are you content with maligning them on the internet?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Justgonna send it

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
So, it wasn't shaking previously even though the wheel had a slight bend in it? How long have you been driving on them?
the car was only driven around town low speeds. It wasn’t until I took it on the highway that I noticed the vibrations. So not even 30 day.

OP
OP
Justgonna send it

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
No dog in this fight but I was curious enough to look up their warranty. Their online site has this up.

I don't see any exceptions for mounting a tire on their wheels. In fact, the one year portion says in normal use which would seem to include mounting a tire.
You don't say how long you have owned the wheels nor why you are just noticing a vibration or why you think this is a "structural" defect and not something from a road hazard.
I think that you are going to have to decide how hard you want to fight this. Do you intend to hire a lawyer or are you content with maligning them on the internet?
I didn’t see that in on the site either. I was told this from customer services rep when I called in. And of course I called back numerous time trying to speak to someone different. Same person answers the phone every time.

and at this point not sure what direction I’m gonna go in. Other then not buying forgestar anymore

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

That's one bogus warranty if I've ever seen one.

So in one sentence they are claiming the original buyer has a "Lifetime Structure Warranty", but in the next they claim their wheels have a Limited 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty???? WTF. A structure warranty on a rim regardless if limited or lifetime, should cover ANY manufacturing defects as well as failure of the structure (rim fascia, barrel, spokes, lug center, etc).

You can't have a "Limited Warranty" if it's "Lifetime", nor can you have a "Lifetime" Warranty if it's "Limited"... one cancels the other out within the same warranty lingo...

They may get you on the technicality that when the wheel was being initially mounted and balanced, that at that point in time the wobble or imbalance existed. Therefore you should have notified them immediately before even driving on it.

Not sure you have a claim at all - because they covered their ass to never replace a rim with their bogus warranty coverage wording. Then there's the fact that you are claiming damage after it was mounted and driven on. That would be "their word against yours", I'M not accusing you or saying you did that - but you see where they will go with it. They're being behind their bogus warranty wording by telling you the rims should have been examined thoroughly out of the box for ANY damages, including being bent - even before it's mounted/balanced with a tire.

You can fight with them - or try filing a BBB Claim (if they're even on BBB)... and last resort is to post on their Social Media pages to get eyes on it...

If the rims are new and you paid by CC, start a claim with your CC and fight the damages that way.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Justgonna send it

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd

So in one sentence they are claiming the original buyer has a "Lifetime Structure Warranty", but in the next they claim their wheels have a Limited 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty???? WTF. A structure warranty on a rim regardless if limited or lifetime, should cover ANY manufacturing defects as well as failure of the structure (rim fascia, barrel, spokes, lug center, etc).

You can't have a "Limited Warranty" if it's "Lifetime", nor can you have a "Lifetime" Warranty if it's "Limited"... one cancels the other out within the same warranty lingo...

They may get you on the technicality that when the wheel was being initially mounted and balanced, that at that point in time the wobble or imbalance existed. Therefore you should have notified them immediately before even driving on it.

Not sure you have a claim at all - because they covered their ass to never replace a rim with their bogus warranty coverage wording. Then there's the fact that you are claiming damage after it was mounted and driven on. That would be "their word against yours", I'M not accusing you or saying you did that - but you see where they will go with it. They're being behind their bogus warranty wording by telling you the rims should have been examined thoroughly out of the box for ANY damages, including being bent - even before it's mounted/balanced with a tire.

You can fight with them - or try filing a BBB Claim (if they're even on BBB)... and last resort is to post on their Social Media pages to get eyes on it...

If the time are new and you paid by CC, start a claim with your CC and fight the damages that way.

o believe me, I’m gonna crucify their asses to the best of my ability.

I don’t have a Facebook. But if companies are gonna start doing this I will most definitely become a whistleblower.

OP
OP
Justgonna send it

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd

If the time are new and you paid by CC, start a claim with your CC and fight the damages that way.
Looks like I’m not the only person that has a issue with this company

F4E701C0-97A5-41D4-B6E6-F69C51291453.jpeg

All these wheels come with fake warranty's. And are sold by MW

*forgestar

CCW

MOMO

ADV.1

WELD RACING

REDS

HIPER PERFOMANCE

DRIVEN

OP
OP
Justgonna send it

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
so I just emailed forgestar but in small print I see they are trademarked by MW company. so I don't see this going anywhere but im not gonna give up this easy. yes the bend bothers me but it can be fixed, im more upset about the way they just brushed me off like o we got your cash so now eat 💩
Sponsored