forgestar f14 and front dust cap conflict

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
hey guys, just ordered some new forgestar f14 18x10 for the front.
the issue is when i put the wheels on, the dust cap pushes the center cap out of the wheel.

i found one other thread kind of touching on this..but wanted to make sure. But they said to use a hammer and lightly tap the dust cap in a bit. is that advised? will i have issues by doing this? or should i remove the dust cap?

ill post pics as well.
Sponsored

Cplennon17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Same happens with my rims, I just run a small spacer (may be 5mm) and problem is solved.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
hit the dust cap with a 5lb sledge? There's a big-ass nut and axle behind it and no harm in bashing the thin-metal cap till it's up against what's behind it.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Center caps should have an o-ring on them. Wipe some alcohol on the o ring and try to get it to pop into the wheel.

Could also use soapy water or Windex on those caps to lube up the O-rings, then just push them in evenly and try to avoid pinching the O-ring.

If that doesn't get the job done, I don't see why a little hammer persuasion shouldn't finish the job.
Just some suggestions.

Juantrickpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15GTPP
I had the same issue on the fronts. Just a couple taps do the trick. It doesn’t take much. :beer:

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Center caps should have an o-ring on them. Wipe some alcohol on the o ring and try to get it to pop into the wheel.

Could also use soapy water or Windex on those caps to lube up the O-rings, then just push them in evenly and try to avoid pinching the O-ring.

If that doesn't get the job done, I don't see why a little hammer persuasion shouldn't finish the job.
Just some suggestions.
the center cap sits in the wheel just fine, but when i put the wheel on, the dust cap pushes it off instantly.

i ended up using a hammer to knock the dust cap in some, they seem to fit fine now. guess we will see lol.

i am a little irritated though, one of the wheels is painted even on the inside of the center cap, which is great.

the other wheel, is not. its bare, and has a couple nicks in the paint right around the rim of the center cap area that i didnt even notice until i had the center caps off and was installing the wheels..

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
hit the dust cap with a 5lb sledge? There's a big-ass nut and axle behind it and no harm in bashing the thin-metal cap till it's up against what's behind it.
I had the same issue on the fronts. Just a couple taps do the trick. It doesn’t take much. :beer:
yeah, i ended up hammering it in a little. I just wanted to make sure i asked before i started doing something like that. seems to fit ok now after..a lot of persuasion.

i dont know why they didnt just make them where they would fit without doing this. the rear wheels (same wheel) has a bulge at the center cap area. If the front was the same, i dont think i would have this issue.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
the center cap sits in the wheel just fine, but when i put the wheel on, the dust cap pushes it off instantly.

i ended up using a hammer to knock the dust cap in some, they seem to fit fine now. guess we will see lol.

i am a little irritated though, one of the wheels is painted even on the inside of the center cap, which is great.

the other wheel, is not. its bare, and has a couple nicks in the paint right around the rim of the center cap area that i didnt even notice until i had the center caps off and was installing the wheels..

Hell yeah brother! :handsinair:
Sponsored