cole tricle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javi
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi,

I’m looking some help regarding to fordpass application and the modem to use that application.

I thought that all new models 2018-19 and so one, has the LTE module installed by default; but I cant make it work in my Mustang…..maybe my car has not installed the moule?. How can I figure out if my car has the modem?

Unfortunatelly in Spain is not equally common to see a Mustang, and the
Ford official services has not to much idea about this cars.

Regards
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I could be mistaken, but I believe the modem only came in 2019, so if your car is 2018 you may be out of luck.
You can check in Etis if you actually have it. Or, if you don't have an account, I can check for you if you send me your VIN in a private message.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
At least in the Bullitt, the modem was only installed from 2020, so it should generally be like that.

You can usually tell by the fin antenna instead of the puck antenna, except for the early 2020s, which still had the puck antenna and an additional LTE antenna hidden in the vehicle.

OP
OP
cole tricle

cole tricle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javi
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
it could be than modem will be installed in 2019 in advance, and that is reason why when I open the FordPass app, I can’t see any information on the app.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Sadly, a check in Etis confirms that you don't have the modem.
In this case FordPass isn't very useful. You can still use it to feed traffic information to the built-in navigation, which in vehicles without a modem is a free service (if you had the modem, it would be a paid subscription). But that's about it.

Edit: actually, no, scrap that. I believe the live traffic info for vehicles without a modem has been discontinued recently.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cole tricle

cole tricle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javi
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Really appreciated for your support Vlad!!

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
My pleasure. Sorry I couldn't give you better news. :)
If it's any consolation, apart from the remote start (which only automatic transmissions get), there's nothing really special in FordPass that would be worth mourning. It's just a gimmick. A nice gimmick, to be sure, but nothing you can't live without.
Sponsored