Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
So you guys want safe tunes that you don't have to wait until 2016 for?
CLICK BELOW!
With our MyCalibrator utilizing our 93 octane performance tuning, you can see peak vs. peak gains up to 56 wheel horsepower over stock, and 87 additional Ft. Lbs of torque, with maximum gains of a staggering 109hp and 100 Ft. lbs of torque.

AND THE BEST PART IS THAT YOU CAN GET IT TODAY!
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
CLICK BELOW!
With our MyCalibrator utilizing our 93 octane performance tuning, you can see peak vs. peak gains up to 56 wheel horsepower over stock, and 87 additional Ft. Lbs of torque, with maximum gains of a staggering 109hp and 100 Ft. lbs of torque.

If I prove the tune causes a problem will you also pay for repairs? :D

I would think the additional sales would outweigh repair costs if it is a reliable tune

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
If I prove the tune causes a problem will you also pay for repairs? :D

I would think the additional sales would outweigh repair costs if it is a reliable tune
In the event of any issue, or trip for routine maintenance you would flash the car back to stock. Your MyCalibrator device will always hold onto your stock file. We sell around 175-225 tuners/month, and have yet to have a warranty denial due to our modifications.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
In the event of any issue, or trip for routine maintenance you would flash the car back to stock. Your MyCalibrator device will always hold onto your stock file. We sell around 175-225 tuners/month, and have yet to have a warranty denial due to our modifications.
You know Ford is well aware of how many times the PCM has been flashed. Returning it to stock is not going to hide an issue if there is a failure. And, if there is a failure and there is evidence of a tune, they can deny your warranty claim. I am not saying it is going to happen, but I think it is best if you don't hand out half-truths. Many of these people are new to the world of performance tunes. Failures can occur for reasons unrelated to the tune, but if Ford finds the car has been flashed, you can bet they are looking to save a buck.

Mike

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
You know Ford is well aware of how many times the PCM has been flashed. Returning it to stock is not going to hide an issue if there is a failure. And, if there is a failure and there is evidence of a tune, they can deny your warranty claim. I am not saying it is going to happen, but I think it is best if you don't hand out half-truths. Many of these people are new to the world of performance tunes. Failures can occur for reasons unrelated to the tune, but if Ford finds the car has been flashed, you can bet they are looking to save a buck.

Mike
We have stated MANY times in other posts that this will not hide anything. But, the whole reason for flashing it back to stock is so that it is easier for the dealership to preform their work. As they are unable to access the ECU for repair if there is a tune file on the ECU. Nobody is, "...handing out half-truths."

We have NEVER encouraged ANYONE to lie, we actually do the EXACT opposite.

The fact is that we have yet to have a client's vehicle fail due to our tuning.

Sponsored

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
We have stated MANY times in other posts that this will not hide anything. But, the whole reason for flashing it back to stock is so that it is easier for the dealership to preform their work. As they are unable to access the ECU for repair if there is a tune file on the ECU. Nobody is, "...handing out half-truths."

We have NEVER encouraged ANYONE to lie, we actually do the EXACT opposite.

The fact is that we have yet to have a client's vehicle fail due to our tuning.
I am not accusing you of anything. I just don't want people to think that if something happens, a flash back to stock is going to cover their ass. Of course you should flash it to stock before taking it in for any work at the dealer as the first thing they do is hook it up...even for an oil change.

Mike

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
CLICK BELOW!

Do I have to buy the thermostat I see you offering on other threads, or is the calibrator the only thing I need to buy? (I would be reluctant to change the thermostat on a new car)

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Do I have to buy the thermostat I see you offering on other threads, or is the calibrator the only thing I need to buy? (I would be reluctant to change the thermostat on a new car)
You do not HAVE to buy the thermostat. We recommend the thermostat for efficiency, repeatability and to prevent heat soak.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Any update on the Ford Racing Tune? Is it out for sale yet?

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Nope, I called ford racing a few weeks ago and the guy wouldn't give me an estimate of when it would be available. It should be by end of year though

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I recently heard somewhere that it would be in the spring, but that could be totally wrong.

Tommy556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I4
I'm curious if this tune will be released in Germany with a warranty backup as well. I highly doubt it though. The gains that the american tuners are currently achieving with the Ecoboost are very impressive. Going from american highways to german autobahns is a whole nother story though. Over here going hard on the autobahn with speeds in excess of 200km/h over longer periods of time is considered daily driving. The engine probably won't last very long with a tune like that. As tempting as increasing the power of the ecoboost is... I most likey will prefer to keep it stock. Maybe a few minor tunes but nothing that will risk the longevity of the car. I'm just going to enjoy it how it comes from the factory.

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
If its a good tune, the ecu will look out for itself.

And 200kph is not much compared to track racing, where a "tune" is normal. I would average ~90 mph in my race car for 35mins to an hour at a time on the track with no issues with my "tunes" on previous cars. You just don't go out and get joe schmoe to tune your ~$30K car for fifty bucks and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Sustained higher speeds..I would at least go with a larger intercooler. No tune needed with that.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
If I get things right :
A ford tune will 'as original FORD' not need to be reflashed to stock before maintenance and will not void any warranty or allow Ford or insurance cy to refuse claims?
Or is this only wishfull thinking...
Sponsored