Sponsored

Ford Track shocks/struts (M-18000-F) w/Steeda springs jounce bumper question

strike-eagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
I bought only the M-18000-F shocks/struts and it looks like they come preinstalled with the M-5570-B bump stops. The preinstalled bump stops look shorter than stock, but does anyone know for sure if they're the M-5570-B? These are going to be paired with Steeda Ultralites and I was wondering if I still need to trim the bump stops.

What's confusing is Ford's page (https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-18000-F) says:

"When using Ford Performance Parts Track Lowering Springs M-5300-Y or any other aftermarket lowering springs it is recommended to use Ford Performance Parts Mustang Jounce Bumper Kit M-5570-B."

But the bump stops on them look exactly like the M-5570-B, or at least the fronts do. There was a post on here where someone took the measurement of stock vs PP bump stops, but I can't find it. Anyone have the link to that?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda bump stops >

Definitely recommend them based on my experience, the back is where I had my issues with the stock ones though (didn't use Ultralite springs so you might have issues on the front with stock bump stops).

Per this CJPP video, the FP ones are shorter and softer:

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same dampers/springs and use the Steeda bump stops, they work great. I did so much reading and couldnā€™t seem to come to a cut and dry conclusion on how tall they should be so I went with the Steeda units. They recommend the taller of the two for Ultralite springs

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same dampers/springs and use the Steeda bump stops, they work great. I did so much reading and couldnā€™t seem to come to a cut and dry conclusion on how tall they should be so I went with the Steeda units. They recommend the taller of the two for Ultralite springs
Most of Steeda's springs (and basically everyone else's, maybe not the min drop springs) are supposed to be used with the short stack, not the taller one.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Most of Steeda's springs (and basically everyone else's, maybe not the min drop springs) are supposed to be used with the short stack, not the taller one.
I meant since thereā€™s a smaller one and a larger one, you use the larger section of the two. Not the largest (both sections stacked)

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
@strike-eagle

Take the guesswork out of the equation and get the Steeda stops. Not only do they last longer, but when/if you hit the stops the ride is much more refined.

You are going to love your setup btw. Well dampened Ultralites are the catā€™s meow :beer:

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Track Shocks/Struts, I did have the steeda kit, but when I got the shocks/struts they came already with FP shortened stuff, I decided to install as-is they were already on and greased on the shocks/struts. They work great with my Steeda Minimum Drop springs, so I did not install the steeda jounce kit. The steeda jounce kit is great for more aggressive steeda springs, but the FP is fine for my minimum drop springs.

OP
OP

strike-eagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
I'm gonna go ahead and say the track dampers do have the FP bump stops on them from the factory since they look exactly the same. I finished up my install last night and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary so I'd say the bump stops are good to go.
Sponsored