Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Best news that I have heard in a long time. Did they give you any time frame?
They said expect to see it around the end of summer/Fall

They also stated there will not be a retrofit for sync into the track cars and it would likely be a hassle/cost prohibitive

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
They said expect to see it around the end of summer/Fall

They also stated there will not be a retrofit for sync into the track cars and it would likely be a hassle/cost prohibitive
Don't worry OEMRadio on this site has Track Pack owners that want Sync 3 covered.

hal_farthead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT350 - Tech pkg
So, I just had a chat with FP regarding the cooler issue. Spoke to a guy named Isaac who was quite polite and tried to be helpful, though it was clear from the way he chose his words that they have been coached about the cooler issues on "lesser" GT350s like mine.

His answer on when a solution might be forthcoming was, we'll know more about what it will be, what it will cost, and timing of bringing it to market by the end the summer. (a paraphrase) Based on that, it doesn't sound like to me that there will be an actual FP product until late in the year. (that's my guess)

Alternatively he said I could take it to a race shop and have them install one. I asked if they had a list of shops they could recommend. At first he said no, but later in the conversation he suggested Leo Capaldi and Watson as possible places to get the work done. I asked about parts availability and he begged off, saying the parts are handled not through FP, but through the regular dealership network.

I asked him how the mods would affect the warranty, and he said that unless the warranty claim is a direct result of the failure of a modified piece (a cooling line blowing off or leaking fluid out of a connection??), the warranty will not be affected.

That's my report.

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
So, I just had a chat with FP regarding the cooler issue. Spoke to a guy named Isaac who was quite polite and tried to be helpful, though it was clear from the way he chose his words that they have been coached about the cooler issues on "lesser" GT350s like mine.

His answer on when a solution might be forthcoming was, we'll know more about what it will be, what it will cost, and timing of bringing it to market by the end the summer. (a paraphrase) Based on that, it doesn't sound like to me that there will be an actual FP product until late in the year. (that's my guess)

Alternatively he said I could take it to a race shop and have them install one. I asked if they had a list of shops they could recommend. At first he said no, but later in the conversation he suggested Leo Capaldi and Watson as possible places to get the work done. I asked about parts availability and he begged off, saying the parts are handled not through FP, but through the regular dealership network.

I asked him how the mods would affect the warranty, and he said that unless the warranty claim is a direct result of the failure of a modified piece (a cooling line blowing off or leaking fluid out of a connection??), the warranty will not be affected.

That's my report.
Thanks for reporting back, gotta wait it out some more i guess.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Update on a third party solution

This is being actively worked on as we speak. It will not be a cooler only solution and should be a superior piece to the Track/R system. Track pack and R cars should be able to upgrade at a much reduced cost. Testing is in progress and has shown promising results. However, It will not be rolled out before it is confirmed it works in all environments

Wish I could say more but......

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249

This is being actively worked on as we speak. It will not be a cooler only solution and should be a superior piece to the Track/R system. Track pack and R cars should be able to upgrade at a much reduced cost. Testing is in progress and has shown promising results. However, It will not be rolled out before it is confirmed it works in all environments

You've said quite a lot and it all appears to be GOOD! Hope it all comes together.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Very cryptic Tim....Are you saying this 3rd party fix is also for Base/Tech GT350s?

Sponsored

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
I will most likely sign up for any solution that is proven effective at a reasonable cost That is put to market.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm only open to solutions that have complete warranty coverage until my warranty is up.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
No offense and sounds awesome for all those Tech/base cars out there, but just a reminder that until something is actually offered for sale, everything said is just words... vaporware.

I have no doubt something will come out eventually, but I would reserve excitement until there's a price and shipper tracking number in hand.
Sponsored