Sponsored

"Ford Roadside Assistance" none existent!

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Ford Mustang 2021 GT, 5.8k miles

So, today I was about to leave my home when I found out my car battery was dead. Not one peep coming from the car. Tried to charge it but wasn't able to hold the charge, tried 3 times, even retightening the cables, etc. Had my neighbor to hook up his gadget, same results, just be sure.
Called "Ford Roadside Assistance" (from now on RSA), after explaining everything, my info, VIN etc., the lady gave me a new number to call. I was like, why? She couldn't explain why. So I called that number, same deal, all my info, VIN, blah blah. Then they set up a towing truck to have it towed to Ford. Everything was planned out. Got the txt truck on the way. After more than 2 hours of waiting I called RSA back. No history of my call, or what was setup. Had to do it all over again. Personal info, VIN, address, etc etc.. Setting up a new towing truck and asked my if it would be possible to tow to a different Ford dealer. Meanwhile the people at "my" Ford are expecting me since the shop closes at 5 pm today. After being put on hold for 10 minutes or more, another guy picked up the call, hey, this is RSA, how can I help you? Poor guy.. I was like..what?? Same game again, personal info, address, VIN, etc... :crazy: After a while it clicked finally.. I told him, you know what? It's 3 pm now, I originally called in at 11 am to get help, for a dead battery, and having my car towed (!) to a Ford dealer?!
I am taking things in my own hands now, getting my own battery, put it in and case closed. If the battery won't charge then we will have another day to play games. But not today.
Sorry for ranting, but Ford RSA did not deliver, not at all. Thank god the car is in the garage, otherwise I would be still sitting somewhere.. I hope if any of you will ever have to call RSA you'll get much better service. Maybe you already had. Cheers. L
Sponsored

sphinx

Mr. Whipple
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang GT Fastback
Shocking ... I submitted a complaint with Ford over an issue that the dealer could/would not address more than a month ago. Followed up two weeks ago and discovered that the submission they entered was done incorrectly. Two weeks later and not a word from them. I can't imagine that has anything to do with Ford's overseas call center.

That is pretty much how it's been with the humans at Ford.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Ford Mustang 2021 GT, 5.8k miles

So, today I was about to leave my home when I found out my car battery was dead. Not one peep coming from the car. Tried to charge it but wasn't able to hold the charge, tried 3 times, even retightening the cables, etc. Had my neighbor to hook up his gadget, same results, just be sure.
Called "Ford Roadside Assistance" (from now on RSA), after explaining everything, my info, VIN etc., the lady gave me a new number to call. I was like, why? She couldn't explain why. So I called that number, same deal, all my info, VIN, blah blah. Then they set up a towing truck to have it towed to Ford. Everything was planned out. Got the txt truck on the way. After more than 2 hours of waiting I called RSA back. No history of my call, or what was setup. Had to do it all over again. Personal info, VIN, address, etc etc.. Setting up a new towing truck and asked my if it would be possible to tow to a different Ford dealer. Meanwhile the people at "my" Ford are expecting me since the shop closes at 5 pm today. After being put on hold for 10 minutes or more, another guy picked up the call, hey, this is RSA, how can I help you? Poor guy.. I was like..what?? Same game again, personal info, address, VIN, etc... :crazy: After a while it clicked finally.. I told him, you know what? It's 3 pm now, I originally called in at 11 am to get help, for a dead battery, and having my car towed (!) to a Ford dealer?!
I am taking things in my own hands now, getting my own battery, put it in and case closed. If the battery won't charge then we will have another day to play games. But not today.
Sorry for ranting, but Ford RSA did not deliver, not at all. Thank god the car is in the garage, otherwise I would be still sitting somewhere.. I hope if any of you will ever have to call RSA you'll get much better service. Maybe you already had. Cheers. L
Great. I canceled my AAA after finding out Ford's RSA. Guess I'll have to join them again. Just for general info do not use auto insurance road side assistance. If you do use it your rates will go up.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Great. I canceled my AAA after finding out Ford's RSA. Guess I'll have to join them again. Just for general info do not use auto insurance road side assistance. If you do use it your rates will go up.
What sad sack insurance company were you using?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
AAA+ member for life.

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I have different issue but still with Ford and more specifically Ford performance. I had the FP tuner installed in my 2020 eco mustang by an ASE certified tech and cannot get the configure function to operate correctly.

I have called FP tech center 5 times now and was assured they were forwarding the issue to the appropriate engineer for investigation and correction of the issue. It will be over a month now since I first called and started the case. I was told by the rep that I talked with that they are working from home now and do not have access to all the resources they normally would have in the past.

I will be calling again tomorrow and if nothing has progressed then will be filing a complaint with Ford customer service directly but am not holding my breath for any resolution in my situation. Basically, I just threw 500 bucks down the toilet IMO.

I wish all good luck with any ford issue since it seems now once they have your money, they have no more use for you or care to provide service to you.

BD

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
That’s very disappointing to hear. When my battery went out 30 days ago I called Ford assistance and they were out there in less than an hour and I was on my way. Sorry you had that experience but I will not pay AAA ever.

OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have different issue but still with Ford and more specifically Ford performance. I had the FP tuner installed in my 2020 eco mustang by an ASE certified tech and cannot get the configure function to operate correctly.

I have called FP tech center 5 times now and was assured they were forwarding the issue to the appropriate engineer for investigation and correction of the issue. It will be over a month now since I first called and started the case. I was told by the rep that I talked with that they are working from home now and do not have access to all the resources they normally would have in the past.

I will be calling again tomorrow and if nothing has progressed then will be filing a complaint with Ford customer service directly but am not holding my breath for any resolution in my situation. Basically, I just threw 500 bucks down the toilet IMO.

I wish all good luck with any ford issue since it seems now once they have your money, they have no more use for you or care to provide service to you.

BD
There is such a "disconnect" between each call like the person on the other end has no clue why you are calling back. Like they are using different sets of customer data (databases).

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There is such a "disconnect" between each call like the person on the other end has no clue why you are calling back. Like they are using different sets of customer data (databases).
Sounds like you got them on a really bad day. I have used them at times in the past for both my cars and my wifes. Honestly never had an issue. I always made it a point to contact the towing company as soon as I got off the phone with Ford so that any potential screwups could be minimized. Guess I've just been lucky.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you got them on a really bad day. I have used them at times in the past for both my cars and my wifes. Honestly never had an issue. I always made it a point to contact the towing company as soon as I got off the phone with Ford so that any potential screwups could be minimized. Guess I've just been lucky.
The first scheduled truck never showed up, the one that was over two hours late, with a promising txt "on the way". When I called the towing company to check I got an "mail box full", probably for a good reason :crackup:
I highly doubt RSA cancelled the truck since the forth or fifth person I spoke to had no clue what I was calling about.. oh man..:party:

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Yes and no. I agree about the disconnect when getting a new rep on each call indeed. The thing is they no longer seem to truly care about resolving our issues anymore but just going thru the motions to get their paycheck.

FP has only three people answering the phones that are working from home. I talked to two of the three and have made it a point to ask for the same person after the second call to insure on each call afterwards I spoke to the same person. Still no real concern received for my issue.

It's the same with any company anymore it seems, they just don't have the same concern for your issues in today's world.

BD

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
On a tangent: I wouldn't have a car towed if there is another option. When my first factory battery died a little over a year old, the dealer wanted to have it towed. Instead I dropped off the bad battery and they took a day to confirm it would not hold a charge then gave me a new one to install myself on condition I sent them proof of the current mileage of the car. Sent them a picture of the odo with the VIN and battery paperwork in the frame. The service writer didn't want to do this but the manager was agreeable.

OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On a tangent: I wouldn't have a car towed if there is another option. When my first factory battery died a little over a year old, the dealer wanted to have it towed. Instead I dropped off the bad battery and they took a day to confirm it would not hold a charge then gave me a new one to install myself on condition I sent them proof of the current mileage of the car. Sent them a picture of the odo with the VIN and battery paperwork in the frame. The service writer didn't want to do this but the manager was agreeable.
I am aware I am out the $170 I spent on the battery and that there is no chance getting the money back. But as you said, having my car towed wasn't an option for me any longer, the more I thought about it..nope. Plus you're not even allowed to take a ride with the towing truck any longer, so I would have spend roughly $ 35 - 50 on getting a cab to get to the dealership. It worked out for me better this way. But.. getting the new battery.. I have an O'Reilly's in a 1/4 of a mile walking distance.. carrying it home with my hands was a pain! Friends and neighbor weren't available to give me a ride. But I made it home eventually :like: :blush:
Sponsored