Ford Rebates

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So just did a little research the Mustang GT premium has a $1250 rebate as an incentive to purchase.

Do these cars sell that well that they don’t offer huge incentives from manufactures?

Dodge does a lot of advertising and caters to muscle cars and currently has been carrying on the power dollars rebate. Which could be close to 5 grand or more...
Sponsored

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
So just did a little research the Mustang GT premium has a $1250 rebate as an incentive to purchase.

Do these cars sell that well that they don’t offer huge incentives from manufactures?

Dodge does a lot of advertising and caters to muscle cars and currently has been carrying on the power dollars rebate. Which could be close to 5 grand or more...
My 2 cents...
When I picked up my PPL2 in May of 2018, I was given a $2,750 manufacturers rebate from Ford (all Mustang's qualified for the rebate IIRC).
I'm in Oregon...not sure if location matters as I'm clueless how manufactures structure and promote this kind of thing.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Rebates took a crap in July on the Mustang. I was looking at $7,000 off msrp on a loaded GT coupe in June but waited a few days too long before pulling the trigger. Now if I order the same car, it’s $3k off. Dealer says better rebates may be introduced during the month.

In looking at autotrader, there are still 1000 2020 GTs out there so IMO they aren’t selling

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Rebates took a crap in July on the Mustang. I was looking at $7,000 off msrp on a loaded GT coupe in June but waited a few days too long before pulling the trigger. Now if I order the same car, it’s $3k off. Dealer says better rebates may be introduced during the month.

In looking at autotrader, there are still 1000 2020 GTs out there so IMO they aren’t selling

Either that or go get a Dodge... lol

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Come October and the rebates should be back in full swing. Right now supply is tight even though demand is lousy. When the factory is running at full tilt and still nbody is buying is when Dearborn will panic once more.

DrunkMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0
I'd be interested to know what rebates look like this month since today is first day of incentives

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
Come October and the rebates should be back in full swing. Right now supply is tight even though demand is lousy. When the factory is running at full tilt and still nbody is buying is when Dearborn will panic once more.
I hope so. I waiting for a dealership to take my offer of 15% off Msrp and so far not good

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I don't pay too much attention to rebates if you plan on buying one off the lot. Most places will negotiate with you down to 12 - 15% off or so. That PD rebate at Dodge is practically worthless, unless you can't find one with the options you want and order and then it may make a difference. When I was shopping for my 16GT a few years ago, I went dealer hopping to numerous places that advertised the best sale prices. Most of them turned out being a little more than what they were listed for and the one that pissed me off was driving 8 hours to look at a Mustang with a big discount only to find out they sold it a couple hours before I got there. Learned my lesson to call first (and get a cell phone). Anyway, I ended up just calling the local dealer and getting one through truecar. I'm thinking of ordering a Scat Pack this time as I have never ordered a car before, but the couple places around here will only do 1% under invoice plus the current incentive. Koons will do 4% under, but I heard some people they try to tack on some extra shipping charges or something. Plus they are a good 8 hour drive away too. I can qualify for a-plan if I decided to get another Mustang, but would have to bother my uncle again and we haven't talked in ages.
Sponsored