OP
OP
TheLion

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Got the fp tune installed...gee golly does it take forever...and i fully understand the disappointment in the gt350 cai they retrofit into the eb. It was a PITA. Only had time to drive around the block but seemed pretty smooth compared to the stock tune at low throttle.

What i really dont like about the gt350 intake is the intake tube isnt a direct fit to the eb inlet. You have to cut the rubber gasket portion on the bottom and its also a slight mismatch on the top as the gt350 interface tube is slightly larger. Functionally it will work all the same with the gaps but im not a fan jurry rigged solutions on 30k cars... FP could have used a different mold for that piece since it clips onto the air bucket...but i supposed they had to work within what ever cost constraints were placed on the R&D project which was proabably quite a bit.

OP
OP
TheLion

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Does anyone know if the Active Noise Control is turned off when the FP tune is installed? My car seems to have a lot more road noise on the highway now.
I know it deletes the fake engine sound, but not sure about noise control.

Thanks
I do not believe there is any active "noise control". They cant electronically stop road noise from penetrating body panels, thats only accomplished via acoustic damping materials like foam etc.

It does eliminate the amplified engine noise however. Aka the fake engine noise everyone hated when these first came out. FP claims that the intake itself tunes out certain frequencies which are thrn picked up electronically, the fp/ gt350 intake eliminates that and the mic is disabled via their tune so all you should hear is real engine noise.

4bangin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost deep impact blue
They told me it will take some miles before you can tell a difference in the tune,car has to learn the tune,at least thats what fp told me.let us know how it compares to the other tune you where using

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
They told me it will take some miles before you can tell a difference in the tune,car has to learn the tune,at least thats what fp told me.let us know how it compares to the other tune you where using
That sounds like some BS to me. I've had 3 tunes on this car and 4 on my ST and the results were immediate.

The Lion: your thought compared to the Liverwurst tune?

Sponsored

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Getting ready to go on an out of state trip next week. 500 miles one way. Maybe ill run the FP tune on the way there and Livernois on the way back to see how mileage compares. Let me know if your interested.
Of course were interested. :popcorn:

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
That sounds like some BS to me. I've had 3 tunes on this car and 4 on my ST and the results were immediate.

The Lion: your thought compared to the Liverwurst tune?
My unleashed tune was immediate... the base sct tune was immediate....

The FP tune was not... I'd say it was 30 to 50 miles before it settled in. Looking back on it though, I'm not sure it was so much miles driven vs. times the car was turned off and on... maybe a combination.

You can see my review/comments in this thread.

Leaving out the dealer, after installed, I was like WTF... now I'm like oh, yea... much different.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I too, have the so-called "Liverwurst" tune, and switching between tunes (stock, or otherwise) and the changes are immediately noticeable. No wait time or anything of the sort.

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Have you gentleman looked at other forums? Sometimes there isn't a post for like 2 weeks. It's people like the Lion that keep this forum active. I myself have posted misinformation, only to be corrected by our members. And that's exactly what I want.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I do not believe there is any active "noise control". They cant electronically stop road noise from penetrating body panels, thats only accomplished via acoustic damping materials like foam etc.

It does eliminate the amplified engine noise however. Aka the fake engine noise everyone hated when these first came out. FP claims that the intake itself tunes out certain frequencies which are thrn picked up electronically, the fp/ gt350 intake eliminates that and the mic is disabled via their tune so all you should hear is real engine noise.
It doesn't sound like you know how active noise cancellation works. You are talking about physical noise blocking with "acoustic damping materials like foam etc". Active noise cancellation like in the Mustang uses a microphone to pick up sound and provides cancellation by playing back an opposite sound through the speakers to cancel out the unwanted sound.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Have you gentleman looked at other forums? Sometimes there isn't a post for like 2 weeks. It's people like the Lion that keep this forum active. I myself have posted misinformation, only to be corrected by our members. And that's exactly what I want.
Unfortunately, she gets corrected and then goes into a 3 million word essay on why whatever it is could be. And then posts the same info countless times. :doh:

I don't care, as I said before, but it does get old... which is why I think you are starting to see comments here and there.

Each his or her own... I think this forum is fairly active with or without any one individual.

But it is time to "move on"... not even sure I should have responded... wasted too much time on this drivel already.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
corral.net basically pretends the Ecoboost doesn't exist, stangnet.com doesn't even acknowledge a 2.3T that isn't the SVO Mustang. And mustangecoboost.net has like 1000 members. This is the only website I have found with a large enough user base to make it worth the time.

A 4 cylinder in a Mustang is considered a travesty by the V8 purists....no matter how much horsepower it pushes or is capable of pushing.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, she gets corrected and then goes into a 3 million word essay on why whatever it is could be. And then posts the same info countless times. :doh:.
TheLion is a she? Who would have thought?

Fox-4

Just Lurking!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
'02 Mustang GT, '16 Mustang Ecoboost
Fox, you car a stick or auto? FP guys say 10% to 12% drive drain loss for stick and 12% to 15% for auto. Your stock wheel HP numbers look spot on, but the peak torque numbers look too high, then again there's that little spike where it over shoots, looks like the average after that is more around 290 ish. Stock wheel HP numbers are spot on for 15% loss from the state crank numbers.

Just trying to make sense of the dyno runs because FP only states 335HP/390ft-lbs at the crank, not the wheels, but your getting 325whp/397wtq which is a 15% increase from FP's crank numbers. That's 373hp/457ft-lbs at the crank...way higher than FP's numbers. I'm wondering if the red dyno graph they mistakenly put in a 15% correction factor for drive train losses?

I wouldn't expect just an FMIC to push things that much higher, but then again maybe the stock FMIC they used on their dyno was heat soaking like a son of a gun...!
The car is a stick, non-performance pack. I wished I had the text message. They where shocked how crappy the oe intercooler really is. I remember it was along the lines they threw the car on the rollers right after I dropped it off, did a pulled and watched the intake temps shoot up :lol:

firedaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Got the fp tune installed...gee golly does it take forever...and i fully understand the disappointment in the gt350 cai they retrofit into the eb. It was a PITA. Only had time to drive around the block but seemed pretty smooth compared to the stock tune at low throttle.

What i really dont like about the gt350 intake is the intake tube isnt a direct fit to the eb inlet. You have to cut the rubber gasket portion on the bottom and its also a slight mismatch on the top as the gt350 interface tube is slightly larger. Functionally it will work all the same with the gaps but im not a fan jurry rigged solutions on 30k cars... FP could have used a different mold for that piece since it clips onto the air bucket...but i supposed they had to work within what ever cost constraints were placed on the R&D project which was proabably quite a bit.
I had the same on mine. So i took the stock tube out and put a Airaid in. Note I had to cute airaid pipe to make the angle correct but it works great and fits alot better.
Sponsored