Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Thanks for the reply just the push I needed to go all in,
just need to figure out where to have it installed for the best pricing. I have a manual so I guess my equivalent is just the throttle mode selector which I read somewhere yesterday the tune basically makes normal turn into sport and sport turn insane. Hoping the torque bump is enough to let me spin the 315s I put out back once again. (don't judge me it was an amateur mistake)

Looked at your thoughts post also and it only gave me more confidence I'll be happy with the purchase. Just FYI your dropbox link to the Procal3 instructions appears to be dead.
Yea, I killed my Dropbox account... I used it for a project I was working... had too many issues, went back to onedrive and deleted dropbox.

I'm going to redo the instructions when I get time and put them in a post by themselves on here so people can search.

I don't visit here often any longer... too damn repetitive. Same people posting the same stuff over and over (many times the same wrong info stuck in posts that look like novels)... I swear you have been posting about getting this tune for over a year.

I just find it hard to believe I lasted another summer with the stock intercooler... and had no slowdowns. Crazy.... :lol: Yea, this foolishness gets old... quick.

Pushed away from the keyboard and actually enjoyed the car during the last bit of summer... lots of fun.
Sponsored

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
just need to figure out where to have it installed for the best pricing. I have a manual so I guess my equivalent is just the throttle mode selector which I read somewhere yesterday the tune basically makes normal turn into sport and sport turn insane. Hoping the torque bump is enough to let me spin the 315s I put out back once again. (don't judge me it was an amateur mistake)

Looked at your thoughts post also and it only gave me more confidence I'll be happy with the purchase. Just FYI your dropbox link to the Procal3 instructions appears to be dead.
How many miles you have on your car?

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I just find it hard to believe I lasted another summer with the stock intercooler... and had no slowdowns. Crazy.... :lol: Yea, this foolishness gets old... quick.
:repost:

Doesn't matter how much water you provide, can't make the horse drink. If you're happy with 140+ CAT, so are we.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost

Even with stock gears, it adds a little bite. I noticed with an inter cooler, and now with cooler temps, hitting 2nd gear makes my tires squeal. With my 3.55's it's hard to spin anything in 1st gear without popping it out of neutral.

Last edited:

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Yea, I killed my Dropbox account... I used it for a project I was working... had too many issues, went back to onedrive and deleted dropbox.

I'm going to redo the instructions when I get time and put them in a post by themselves on here so people can search.

I don't visit here often any longer... too damn repetitive. Same people posting the same stuff over and over (many times the same wrong info stuck in posts that look like novels)... I swear you have been posting about getting this tune for over a year.

Pushed away from the keyboard and actually enjoyed the car during the last bit of summer... lots of fun.
For daily laxed or modest driving the stock intercooler is fine. But if you are a peddle to the metal guy shifting after 5500rpm, you will notice the difference in higher RPMS. I also like to think of it as future proofing if you plan to go down the vargas or pro-tune route.

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
FWIW, the first mod to my 17 Ecoboost Mustang was the intercooler. The power increase was very noticeable between 5000 and 6500 rpm with no other changes.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
[MENTION=14433]jtmat[/MENTION]t Yea I definitely feel ya on the repetitiveness. I wish the forum had a better social network aspect because there are definitely some guys on here I enjoy following their builds and are great to talk to. Then others I roll my eyes at everyone of their posts.

Its been almost a year that I've had the car. Definitely Been looking at the tune since the beginning but wanted to get used to the stock car for some time first but probably had some posts on here asking about it way back. :D Was gonna get it back in July but have been so busy since then and had to spend my play money on some other fun things in life (Austin City limits music festival is a great first music fest experience to anyone who cares).
I feel like the mustang EB aftermarket is just starting to get saturated and stale which doesn't help discussions. :cheers:

[MENTION=15877]DUNDEM[/MENTION] I am at 29.5k-ish. Any specific reason you ask? If its in regard to my thoughts on only having 6k-ish miles left on the warranty: I am aware I am just going with the FP tune since this is my first time tuning a car and my opinion is that the FP tune is probably the safest option long term. :thumbsup:

[MENTION=24468]Regs[/MENTION] did you think I meant 315 as in gears? haha I meant tires, Ive got the 3.31 gears I believe on my manual-non-PP-EB. On the stock tires I could chirp second no problem and spin them shifting into second if I shifted hard and at high RPM. Now that i have summer tires I feel like I am going to break the car, using the clutch, to spin them in 1st. Hoping the tq boost from the tune will help with that. :headbang:

:ford:

Skeester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
In case anyone is interested. I just had my procal tune installed. It cost me $250 at the dealer, for the install. Purchased the parts from Tasca for $530 delivered. The only thing I noticed initially was the fake engine sound in the car was gone. No power increase. After about 50 miles and 5 drive cycles, I was pleasantly surprised when I was merging onto the highway in second gear and it didn’t fall flat on its face at 5k rpm. I wouldn’t call it night and day like some others have suggested, but it is a noticeable increase. I’m going to put 400 miles on it this weekend and I’ll give an update after. It should be fully burned in after that. One other thing is it has a great sound in Sport mode.

Last edited:

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
In case anyone is interested. I just had my procal tune installed. It cost me $250 at the dealer. The only thing I noticed initially was the engine sound in the car was cone. No power increase. After about 50 miles and 5 drive cycles, I was pleasantly surprised when I was merging onto the highway in second gear and it didn’t fall flat on its face at 5k rpm. I wouldn’t call it night and day like some others have suggested, but it is a noticeable increase. I’m going to put 400 miles on it this weekend and I’ll give an update after. It should be fully burned in after that. One other thing is it has a great sound in Sport mode.
$250 at the dealer, thought the tune was like $799, also what do you mean "the engine sound in the car was cone"?

Does this tune drastically make the car louder and does the tune also take care of the turbo/throttle lag?

Thanks
TC

Skeester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
$250 at the dealer, thought the tune was like $799, also what do you mean "the engine sound in the car was cone"?

Does this tune drastically make the car louder and does the tune also take care of the turbo/throttle lag?

Thanks
TC
I edited my original post. It doesn’t make the car any louder and the lag seems about the same.

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I edited my original post. It doesn’t make the car any louder and the lag seems about the same.
Thanks for the info, appreciate it. :)

TC

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I have been driving turbo cars continiously for almost 35 years now. The Ecoboost Mustang for all practical purposes has no turbo lag.

I have heard and I believe it that the FP tune turns off the fake engine noises that are pumped through the speakers. Not so much that it is louder or quieter but the sound is different.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
To add a different perspective, The FP changes it from a closed to an open intake so you WILL hear more intake noise and it does turn off the sound symposer in the car so no fake noise. Like said, this turbo has almost no lag at all. There is a little throttle lag but switch to sport mode and it's gone. Is it night and day difference from stock? No but it is a nice little bump in performance eliminating the flat spot on the top end and giving it just enough extra power for the 3500 lb vehicle to feel like a Mustang should. The flat spot around 5,200 -5,500 RPM isn't really noticeable in 1+2 because they go by so quick but lets say you're already in 3rd or in 4th and it has to drop to 3rd when you get heavy on the go pedal, stock the car just falls flat on it's face, has no power to go anywhere so it just hangs there waiting to shift forever in an auto. If you're in a stick, you're shifting early and missing what would normally be good power.

Davisflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mini Cooper S JCW
Does anyone know if the FR tune will work on a 2018?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Not likely, they will have to create tunes for the 18s which will take awhile.
Sponsored