Sponsored

Ford Racing Deck Lid Problem

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Is been taking care of. Ford racing is well aware of the issue and Ray from ford racing was helpful. He knew exactly what was wrong. I send him a picture with my purchase recipe from LMR and 10min later he emailed me a UPS return label and he is sending one over.

Like i said, When i bought one last year June from CJ for my black mustang it never had dimple on it. I mean you can defiantly see it from 10 feet away.
Glad to hear it. Ford/Ford Racing needs to have product quality for things like this on the lock or people will continue the F'd On Road Daily reputation...
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
it's why i haven't bought one.

bruinfan17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic GT
Is been taking care of. Ford racing is well aware of the issue and Ray from ford racing was helpful. He knew exactly what was wrong. I send him a picture with my purchase recipe from LMR and 10min later he emailed me a UPS return label and he is sending one over.

Like i said, When i bought one last year June from CJ for my black mustang it never had dimple on it. I mean you can defiantly see it from 10 feet away.
Hey I'm interested in purchasing one. Did Ray specify which vendors had the defective parts? Thanks.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Hey I'm interested in purchasing one. Did Ray specify which vendors had the defective parts? Thanks.
He did not. You can always call and ask him or just order threw ford racing.

Sponsored

bruinfan17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic GT
OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Also, when you install the deck lid, remove the top middle portion of the foam that is around the camera and replace it with double sided tape. For some odd reason mine never sat flush with the trunk. Always had the gap.

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
[MENTION=15675]Niz55[/MENTION] I just ordered the decklid. On the off chance mine is defective, can you post or PM me Ray's email and phone number? Thanks

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The new one I got is also defective. But not as much noticeable as the first one. I sent Ray another email and picture and just waiting for his email.

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
[MENTION=15675]Niz55[/MENTION] that really sucks that the replacement had the dimple too. Keep this thread updated on the outcome if you can. For all the future people who buy this panel, don't settle for the dimple, it's the only way to get ford to fix this issue. The stock panels on our cars don't have dimples, these shouldn't either. I'll update when my panel comes in.

Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Bought mine on eBay July of last year from a FORD dealer up in the northeast. The name eludes me this moment; with all the issues people where having receiving damaged panels from the usual vendors not to mention being $20 cheaper, it was a no brainier.

Mine is perfect as is should be.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has the dimple too but unless one knows that it is there and is looking for it nobody is ever going to know that it is there, it is barely even visible to my eye and I am looking for it.

Terry

alva8193

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I haven't seen one without it, its only noticeable to cry babies. Very happy with mine and the hardly noticeable dimple.
Sponsored