Sponsored

Ford Powerpack 2 + Catback Exhaust =Fail

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
So I finally got my power pack 2 and decided to dyno it and everything was good until I installed my catback exhaust. It seems it past 3.7K rpm it dips and jumps backed up around 6.3K rpm. I know the tune wasn't optimize for the catback exhaust but wasn't expecting this result. lol it seems like I'm messing something.Anyway here is my results if anyone is interested:

image_zpswex6wsin.jpg
j"]
image_zpswex6wsin.jpg
j[/URL]
Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
You really need to log it and see if you are getting false knock caused by a rattling catback. Make sure your pipes are not hitting anything. You may also have some bad gas. It might be pinging and pulling back some timing. I know the power pack 2 timing is very aggressive in that rpm range so good gas is a must.

OP
OP

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info I'll start with the stuff you mentioned although I would be suprised if it was the gas. All runs were done on the same tank on 93. I'll run out the tank just to be sure though And crawl under the car and Lott sometime this weekend hopefully.

Last edited:

MrFarms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
just curious - what exhaust?

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Curious ...

just curious - what exhaust?
To know what you find because this is the route I am taking as well.
Having considered what I will be using the car for and how much money
I am willing to pour into this car. If I can get close to 465-480 NA I would
be more than happy.

Going with:

1. Longtube Headers
2. Catback Exhaust
3. Ford Performance Pack 2

Hope it gets me there. :D

Sponsored

OP
OP

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I took GTBOB's advice and went underneath the car to check for rattling. I found the passenger side muffler clamp needed a good 3+ turns and the mid pipe's clamps to factory flex pipe need 1.5 turns so nothing to special there. I did hear a weird rattling sound near the driver side flex pipe. Video to come soon.

I also attached the my Idle/WOT log if any gurus out there want to take a look and let me know.

Attachments

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
be more than happy.

Going with:

1. Longtube Headers
2. Catback Exhaust

You're going to want an actual tune for the headers, I'd skip the performance pack 2 if you are going with headers.

OP a catback doesn't need to be tuned for, it adds nothing but sound to be honest. Also I'm assuming you have a GT and your "drives" section that says you have an ecoboost is wrong?

OP
OP

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
be more than happy.

Going with:

1. Longtube Headers
2. Catback Exhaust

There is someone who got 500+ so its definitely possible but I agree with Zodiac in that if your getting headers then I would skip the power pack 2.

OP a catback doesn't need to be tuned for, it adds nothing but sound to be honest.
The thing is my dyno says otherwise as I gained between 2.75-3.75K rpm; and again between 6.25 to 7K rpm and lost everywhere else. My big concern is if the mid drop loss is normal or if something else is going wrong with my car. I'm hoping someone can review those logs and let me know. If everything is ok then I'll run out my gas and dyno once more to see if there is a change.

Last edited:

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
So I took GTBOB's advice and went underneath the car to check for rattling. I found the passenger side muffler clamp needed a good 3+ turns and the mid pipe's clamps to factory flex pipe need 1.5 turns so nothing to special there. I did hear a weird rattling sound near the driver side flex pipe. Video to come soon.

I also attached the my Idle/WOT log if any gurus out there want to take a look and let me know.
-fuel looks like its for a car with FI. no issues with trims.
-Intake cam is not moving from 0. thats a big issue.
-knock sensor seems to be setup to only pull timing and not allow ECU to add timing when knock is not detected. timing in the higher RPMS is conservative.
I don't see any knock that would be of concern.

OP
OP

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-fuel looks like its for a car with FI. no issues with trims.
-Intake cam is not moving from 0. thats a big issue.
-knock sensor seems to be setup to only pull timing and not allow ECU to add timing when knock is not detected. timing in the higher RPMS is conservative.
I don't see any knock that would be of concern.
I want to first say thanks for taking the time to review my logs. I have the following questions :

1) Fuel- What's a normal NA fuel look like?
2) Intake Cam- what does one do about this and anything I need to look into further? Where do you see the constant 0 value ?
3) Knock sensor- Anything I need to do to remedy the issue about not adding timing?

Thanks again for taking the time:)

Sponsored

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
When I put my lethal h pipe on my flex pipe rattled like crazy. I took it to a muffler shop and cut out the flex pipe and put pipe in for 30 bucks and the rattle was gone prob same issue. Fake knock.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I want to first say thanks for taking the time to review my logs. I have the following questions :

1) Fuel- What's a normal NA fuel look like?
2) Intake Cam- what does one do about this and anything I need to look into further? Where do you see the constant 0 value ?
3) Knock sensor- Anything I need to do to remedy the issue about not adding timing?

Thanks again for taking the time:)
When you do a pull, start by having it in 3rd or 4th gear and around 2000 RPMS. Start the log then a second or two later put the pedal to the floor. hold until red line. Then stop the log. You get a better log to look at.

-Normal NA fuel can be any where from .82 to .86, depends on the tuner. yours in first and second are around 1(not good), in 3rd it starts at .8 and .71 by the end of the RPM range... and thats even getting rich for FI.

- http://www.datazap.me/u/markmurfe/l...a=16-20-24&solo=4-5-13-14-20-23&mark=162-1402
Check for plugs that are not plugged in... I think this is a tune issue.

-Nothing you can do, it would be in the tune.

OP
OP

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info it makes me want to get a new tune now :(. I'll check the plugs/coil later after the car cools down. I'm going to be awfully disappointed if they are screwed up somehow. Anyway here is the new log in 3rd gear/sport mode w/ traction control off:

http://www.datazap.me/u/jcart9532/jcart953-gt-wot-0?log=0&data=16

I used that link you provided hopefully didn't screw it up. Otherwise I'll upload the csv file.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
That log is much better.

Cams are moving as they should
fuel is good until where it normally would go into cat over temp protection. Thats where it gets rich, but not as rich as it was in your other logs.

I say a different tune could get a bit more out of your car safely.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
What are you using to datalog
Sponsored