Ford Power Packs - Poll

Which stage will you go for?

• Total voters

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
^Exactly. Not hard is it, but they've not even made a decision yet, nevermind have a timeframe for release.

That's why Andy pops up with his little teasers every now and again; it's to stop people going elsewhere and keep them hanging on in the hope of getting a warranty-friendly Ford map.

How long has the Mustang been out in the States? How far behind were the first UK cars? I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar gap for these.

I would hazard a guess at Pierre's "feasibility" meaning they're going to see what the uptake is like in the States, if they can cope with that demand and then, and ONLY then, if they have spare manufacturing capacity will they get filtered over here.
Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
It's not like Ford are going to give it away free to us. Many of us are ready to give ford more money so what is there to think about. Surely a good business case exists as the product is already developed, we are just another easy source of cash and profit.

Again, COME ON FORD. SORT IT OUT!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It's not like Ford are going to give it away free to us. Many of us are ready to give ford more money so what is there to think about. Surely a good business case exists as the product is already developed, we are just another easy source of cash and profit.

Again, COME ON FORD. SORT IT OUT!
Case for ti exists, logistics and politics will need to be worked out, problems with big corps, they can't say "lets do it" then implement it.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You're 100% correct Manders. It's also bollocks.

Look at what's involved: parts manufacture? Already done. Shipping to UK/Europe? No different to them shipping regular parts over from the US. Unsure of demand? They grossly underestimated demand for the car and they seem determined to make the same mistake with upgrades (or, as I suspect, it's all about the yanks and the rest of the world can wait in line).

These packs will sell over here. How many? No idea, but I don't see that syphoning off two or three hundred to send them over to us/europe to get an idea is going to put a major dent in their US operation and yet here we are; no upgrades whatsoever to date, no ETA, not even an announcement that they've definitely decided to release them over here.

All that said, it should come as no surprise since the order/build process is still a shambles in terms of getting information to customers.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
You're 100% correct Manders. It's also bollocks.

Look at what's involved: parts manufacture? Already done. Shipping to UK/Europe? No different to them shipping regular parts over from the US. Unsure of demand? They grossly underestimated demand for the car and they seem determined to make the same mistake with upgrades (or, as I suspect, it's all about the yanks and the rest of the world can wait in line).

These packs will sell over here. How many? No idea, but I don't see that syphoning off two or three hundred to send them over to us/europe to get an idea is going to put a major dent in their US operation and yet here we are; no upgrades whatsoever to date, no ETA, not even an announcement that they've definitely decided to release them over here.

All that said, it should come as no surprise since the order/build process is still a shambles in terms of getting information to customers.
Amen

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Stage 1 power pack. Software (no logistics required) and K&N panel filter - sourced locally or at worst easily shipped.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Logistics in a sense that it's "Who" ford put it through; Roush UK? Mountune? Ford Performance UK? Don't want to piss their partners off... Maybe call it cross franchise/business politics, bit of a bitch.

Software would need the tuning port, which I don't think's over here, still needs to be shipped, but again, Logistics

I'm sure ford will want a definitive number + backup (the last bits up in arms with the lack of backup for 'stangs atm) before they start shipping and will do it in bulk batches rather than per customer to save costs.

Granted, that's not to say it's an easy, or a hard task, it's very do-able, and if people want it, Ford should be able to in some way accommodate UK owners/EU owners/Aus owners for this.

OP
OP
Entick

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
My cash is ready...

But then again my cash is ready for the GT350 / 500 and we're not getting those either...

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
My cash is ready...

But then again my cash is ready for the GT350 / 500 and we're not getting those either...
Ditto (except I don't have the money for a GT350 or 500 :()

Just a quick edit:

I've also sent Pierre an email (Cc to Andy Barratt) also asking about the power packs here in the UK. Will post the reply when I get it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Entick

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
I've also sent Pierre an email (Cc to Andy Barratt) also asking about the power packs here in the UK. Will post the reply when I get it.
Great thanks - let us know

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Logistics in a sense that it's "Who" ford put it through; Roush UK? Mountune? Ford Performance UK? Don't want to piss their partners off... Maybe call it cross franchise/business politics, bit of a bitch.

Software would need the tuning port, which I don't think's over here, still needs to be shipped, but again, Logistics

I'm sure ford will want a definitive number + backup (the last bits up in arms with the lack of backup for 'stangs atm) before they start shipping and will do it in bulk batches rather than per customer to save costs.

Granted, that's not to say it's an easy, or a hard task, it's very do-able, and if people want it, Ford should be able to in some way accommodate UK owners/EU owners/Aus owners for this.
I think you're confusing logistics with politics there? However, I take your point - it's something that needs to be ironed out and regardless of being intangible, negotiations can take a long time whether done across the atlantic or across the office. That said, I would be surprised if "pissing off their partners" was even a concern of Ford's - more likely they would want sole distribution to maximise profits.

I may be wrong, but I would have though that the software tune could be done by anyone (Ford, Mountune or whoever) without any additional hardware? And a K&N Panel filter can already be bought from the K&N official UK store as well as several other UK retailers with next day delivery

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I may be wrong, but I would have though that the software tune could be done by anyone (Ford, Mountune or whoever) without any additional hardware? And a K&N Panel filter can already be bought from the K&N official UK store as well as several other UK retailers with next day delivery
Exactly that^.

Just to add, having dynoed my PMAS intake (at half the price of the Stage 2) today and getting half the HP and all the torque of the Stage 2, I severely doubt I will hold out for any of these packs..

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly that^.

Just to add, having dynoed my PMAS intake (at half the price of the Stage 2) today and getting half the HP and all the torque of the Stage 2, I severely doubt I will hold out for any of these packs..
Only real USP to them is the fact they're here and warranty protected.

Just gives me a slight benefit if they did a EB tune that I could get that with all current mods under warranty.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Exactly that^.

True, but imagine the stage 1 with the PMAS:clap2:

All the additional torque and HP, while still keeping warranty

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anyone else see Ford advertising a Mountune upgrade for the Focus RS? Pretty annoying as the Focus is only just out!
Sponsored