Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Response from Pierre:

"Hi Steve

It's good to know you like your car so much, reading your posts on the forum is always great.

Regarding the power packs, we are currently reviewing the feasibility of making them available to customer in the UK, but no decision has been made yet, and we are not ready to make any announcements.

Looking at the feedback on the Mustang Forum, I am conscious you are not the only customer interested in these upgrades, so its a priority for us to resolve this.

Regards,
Pierre"

PTN:
1) Looks like he/someone in his team reads the forums
2) NO official date for release
3) Are looking into doing it/something similar due to demand for upgrades

Hope the information suffices for everyone - I know it's not best case (Which would have been a release day) but any information is better than none :)!
Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Quelle. F**king. Surprise.

So, essentially, they have no idea if and when these will ever make their way over here.

Feasibility? Feasibility?! I would put money on that meaning if we have spare capacity AFTER the US customers are taken care of, THEN we might be able to let you guys have them.

How can this need "looking into"? They've been offering official Ford upgrades through Mountune for years for all sorts of cars so why the delay with this one?

Look at the puddle light issue. A known problem. Underseal? Known problem. Are we any nearer to getting these solved? Not really. What hope do we have for these "extras"?

So much for Andy's "watch this space for exciting announcements".

I know I keep sounding like a right miserable bastard but this kind of crap just keeps reminding me of all the pain and frustration of the ordering process and the ongoing battle any time any of us needs something from a dealer other than a brand new car i.e. underseal/puddle lights/oil cooler etc etc.

Utterly utterly abysmal customer service and it really pains me to say it as a Ford fan who's lifetime car ownership has been 70% Ford.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Quelle. F**king. Surprise.

So, essentially, they have no idea if and when these will ever make their way over here.

Feasibility? Feasibility?! I would put money on that meaning if we have spare capacity AFTER the US customers are taken care of, THEN we might be able to let you guys have them.

How can this need "looking into"? They've been offering official Ford upgrades through Mountune for years for all sorts of cars so why the delay with this one?

Look at the puddle light issue. A known problem. Underseal? Known problem. Are we any nearer to getting these solved? Not really. What hope do we have for these "extras"?

So much for Andy's "watch this space for exciting announcements".

I know I keep sounding like a right miserable bastard but this kind of crap just keeps reminding me of all the pain and frustration of the ordering process and the ongoing battle any time any of us needs something from a dealer other than a brand new car i.e. underseal/puddle lights/oil cooler etc etc.

Utterly utterly abysmal customer service and it really pains me to say it as a Ford fan who's lifetime car ownership has been 70% Ford.
Blimey, you keep sounding like a right miserable bastard.

At least they are thinking about it and its like I always say to the Mrs at Christmas, its the thought that counts!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Guys

I am sure these will come to the UK, because for Ford UK these kits are very easy money, cost of the kit plus 1hr labour to do the literally 5 minute flash to your car. Dealerships will be screaming for this, well those who are Mustang savvy.

I am sure it will come simply because of the tuning scene by Mountune on the ST/RS series cars from Ford. I am guessing that is the delay for the UK as it will either have to go through Mountune or Ford need to set it up in a way in order to not piss of Mountune, like everything there will be politics at play internally between Ford UK, Mountune and Roush UK.

At some point we will get these warranty friendly tuning kits, but whether they will come via Ford, Mountune or Roush right now is the unknown.

I think it is fair to say however Ford are very fair in warranty work on modified cars even if not modified using official packs, as long as within reason and the modification is clearly not in question as causing the issue you will be fine.

If your desperate for a tune, either buy a faster car. :p
Or get in touch with SCT, JDM or Lund, they all give you that massive torque increase and are more than safe on UK cars due to our better fuel and lower ambient temperatures. Knock/Ping/Detonation is more likely to occur in hotter climates and on rubbish fuel. It is never sodding hot here and if you use Shell Vpower or Tesco Momentum you are more than fine on fuel quality, though in some dyno testing I was privvy to Tesco Momentum showed knock/detonation before Shell Vpower did, as such I only ever fill with Vpower. :)

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I voted stage 3 but would want to see what is happening in the real world when done. Unless its huge gains then 2 will do.

I may simply get a mild tune by Ford to keep the warranty intact but either way and whatever i do as soon as the warranty is nearing the end I will be going down the whipple route. The end game is more aggressive, better handling plus 700bhp. In the first few years we will be preparing for the blower, but if something comes along at a reasonable cost then why not as an interim. So should be there by about 2020! the year NOT the time

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I voted stage 3 but would want to see what is happening in the real world when done. Unless its huge gains then 2 will do.

I may simply get a mild tune by Ford to keep the warranty intact but either way and whatever i do as soon as the warranty is nearing the end I will be going down the whipple route. The end game is more aggressive, better handling plus 700bhp. In the first few years we will be preparing for the blower, but if something comes along at a reasonable cost then why not as an interim. So should be there by about 2020! the year NOT the time

You don't get better handling and Whipple buddy. ;)
Adding 40kg-50kg to the nose-end of the car and trying to balance the car with 700BHP all of a sudden becomes a lot more difficult. But the fun factor with a Whipple will be amazing, just ensure you at the very least with the Whipple ideally upgrade your crank pulley and the chain tensioners. If your happy with stripping down the engine do the OPG's for peace of mind as well. But with right suspension modifications it will stiff drive and handle great, I am just saying less weight within reason equals better handling and balance.

I am now feeling the NA route, though GT 350 IM loses low-down talk, I am hoping headers will claw the low-down losses back as I am sure the car will be all the more awesome to drive with an additional 60BHP in the 6500-7500rpm and the fact it makes power to the limiter instead of falling at 6500rpm. :)

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
You don't get better handling and Whipple buddy. ;)
Adding 40kg-50kg to the nose-end of the car and trying to balance the car with 700BHP all of a sudden becomes a lot more difficult. But the fun factor with a Whipple will be amazing, just ensure you at the very least with the Whipple ideally upgrade your crank pulley and the chain tensioners. If your happy with stripping down the engine do the OPG's for peace of mind as well. But with right suspension modifications it will stiff drive and handle great, I am just saying less weight within reason equals better handling and balance.

I am now feeling the NA route, though GT 350 IM loses low-down talk, I am hoping headers will claw the low-down losses back as I am sure the car will be all the more awesome to drive with an additional 60BHP in the 6500-7500rpm and the fact it makes power to the limiter instead of falling at 6500rpm. :)

No you raise a fair point, i think i should have stated a chassis and set up more suited to coping with higher HP, rather than pure handling as we think of it. I appreciate there is a difference of course. I have always wanted a Mustang V8 but my previous sporty beast was a tuned latter day 911 Turbo S. That speed was hysterical so yes I am after creating more Horsepower fun in the Mustang for the pure hell of it as I enjoy the insane nature of cars but no I dont want to buy another Porsche and I dont want to turn the Mustang in to a Porsche, they will never be the same. I want the noise and theatre of the Mustang but perhaps bring it a little closer to the Porsches performance, then I get the best of both worlds. Time for something different and the best way to explain it is to think of cars as cutting tools. The Porsche was a laser, super refined and engineered like nothing on earth, however now i want a hammer !!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No you raise a fair point, i think i should have stated a chassis and set up more suited to coping with higher HP, rather than pure handling as we think of it. I appreciate there is a difference of course. I have always wanted a Mustang V8 but my previous sporty beast was a tuned latter day 911 Turbo S. That speed was hysterical so yes I am after creating more Horsepower fun in the Mustang for the pure hell of it as I enjoy the insane nature of cars but no I dont want to buy another Porsche and I dont want to turn the Mustang in to a Porsche, they will never be the same. I want the noise and theatre of the Mustang but perhaps bring it a little closer to the Porsches performance, then I get the best of both worlds. Time for something different and the best way to explain it is to think of cars as cutting tools. The Porsche was a laser, super refined and engineered like nothing on earth, however now i want a hammer !!

Mustang with a Whipple will never match 911 Turbo S acceleration, was it is a 997 or 991 Turbo S? If so no chance they hit 60mph in sub 3s and do it so easily. I will never forget driving a 997.2 Turbo S around Oulton Park in the wet, the thing was absolutely bonkers, it destroyed everything with absolute ease, even in pouring rain it threw all 560 horses to the road and deployed them with ease. You'd need well over 700-800BHP in a Mustang to keep with a turbo S and off the line you still aint got a chance. But as you will probably agree assuming you have your Mustang the Turbo S makes going fast so easy it actually makes it no challenge and as such the fun factor is nowhere near as high as the Mustang. :) :) :)

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Mustang with a Whipple will never match 911 Turbo S acceleration, was it is a 997 or 991 Turbo S? If so no chance they hit 60mph in sub 3s and do it so easily. I will never forget driving a 997.2 Turbo S around Oulton Park in the wet, the thing was absolutely bonkers, it destroyed everything with absolute ease, even in pouring rain it threw all 560 horses to the road and deployed them with ease. You'd need well over 700-800BHP in a Mustang to keep with a turbo S and off the line you still aint got a chance. But as you will probably agree assuming you have your Mustang the Turbo S makes going fast so easy it actually makes it no challenge and as such the fun factor is nowhere near as high as the Mustang. :) :) :)
It was actually a 996 which of course in Turbo guise used the rock solid 993 block (I had one of those and cry when I see the values today!!) It was then breathed on by Fearnsport Porsche in Silverstone and ended up somewhere in the region of 550/ 560 bhp. As you say it was so effortless to go fast, hence the laser comment. If I recall 50-80MPH was 1 second ! Lunacy and very few things could get close, But no more Porsche the Mustang is the new era and my plan will prevail !!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was actually a 996 which of course in Turbo guise used the rock solid 993 block (I had one of those and cry when I see the values today!!) It was then breathed on by Fearnsport Porsche in Silverstone and ended up somewhere in the region of 550/ 560 bhp. As you say it was so effortless to go fast, hence the laser comment. If I recall 50-80MPH was 1 second ! Lunacy and very few things could get close, But no more Porsche the Mustang is the new era and my plan will prevail !!
The 996 Turbo was more engaging for sure, being fortunate to drive the 996, 997.1 and 997.2 Turbo's, not driven a 991 though yet. But out of them all the 997.2 Turbo S with the PDK, damn man it even makes the 996 seem slow, the gearbox is like having another 100BHP.

But yes Mustang is way more fun, more of an occasion to drive, just feels more special. :)

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
At least they are thinking about it and its like I always say to the Mrs at Christmas, its the thought that counts!
The difference is, when you or I say we're thinking about something then it means exactly that, and once the decision is made it's full speed ahead.

THIS is FORD, a global corporation's "thinking about it". Which means precisely nothing until an actual announcement is made.

Pessimistic, moi? :thumbsup:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Response from Pierre:

"Hi Steve

It's good to know you like your car so much, reading your posts on the forum is always great.

Regarding the power packs, we are currently reviewing the feasibility of making them available to customer in the UK, but no decision has been made yet, and we are not ready to make any announcements.

Looking at the feedback on the Mustang Forum, I am conscious you are not the only customer interested in these upgrades, so its a priority for us to resolve this.

Regards,
Pierre"

PTN:
1) Looks like he/someone in his team reads the forums
2) NO official date for release
3) Are looking into doing it/something similar due to demand for upgrades

Hope the information suffices for everyone - I know it's not best case (Which would have been a release day) but any information is better than none :)!
:frusty:

Thanks for this Manders.

Not really the answer I was hoping for. Like mentioned by others, the demand from Mustang owners is definitely there and would be easy money for Ford.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like Centurion07. Holy Hell Fird, SORT IT OUT!!!

All we can hope for is that [MENTION=18365]Andy Barratt[/MENTION] comes though with all the teasers he's been toying us with :ford:

Last edited:

V8nag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
I got the same response from Pierre. Let's hope Ford get these released at some point soon

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Im sick of the UK/EU lagging behind in these things... all the time.

Im going to go with a Roush/Lund/Steeda. Sod it, I cant be arsed with the wait. Shame on Ford, get it sorted FFS.

OP
OP
Entick

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
Very odd to allow this situation to arise again - I thought Ford would have learned their lesson from the Mustang UK / EU launch debacle. Apparently not.

They should have been measuring feasibility over the past few months - in parallel with the US team's preparations for launch of these products.

No reason for us to have to wait now to find out IF this will actually be released.

Not impressed.

The poll shows clearly that there is pretty strong demand from the owner base...
Sponsored