Sponsored

Ford Performance Track Suspension - No Rear Drop

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 6M & 2011 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I had the FP track suspension installed about a month ago and I have similar results. The rear definitely looks like it did not drop as much as the front. It’s a bit annoying, but not a dealbreaker.
E8EA7E0D-4AC7-4FF7-AC7A-37F2B5FB8BA6.jpeg
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I had the FP track suspension installed about a month ago and I have similar results. The rear definitely looks like it did not drop as much as the front. It’s a bit annoying, but not a dealbreaker.
Your car has a nice look to it, but it's definitely 'raked'. In terms of actual handling, I did not like increasing the rake of the car, because it contributes to the rear being a little less stable, which I don't like. To improve handling, I prefer the rear as low as it can go.

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your car has a nice look to it, but it's definitely 'raked'. In terms of actual handling, I did not like increasing the rake of the car, because it contributes to the rear being a little less stable, which I don't like. To improve handling, I prefer the rear as low as it can go.
yeah, that makes sense. The only way to remove the rake is new springs, correct?

wangfuco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP
I'm contacting Ford Performance to see if they have any comments about this.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
yeah, that makes sense. The only way to remove the rake is new springs, correct?
Yep, there aren't many options. You either get new springs with a greater drop or chop the springs you have, which will lower the ride and stiffen the spring.

Sponsored

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm contacting Ford Performance to see if they have any comments about this.
I was thinking about doing the same. Let us know if you hear back.

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, there aren't many options. You either get new springs with a greater drop or chop the springs you have, which will lower the ride and stiffen the spring.
Yeah, I’m definitely not ready to go down that route. It is noticeable, but it’s not that bad.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I’m definitely not ready to go down that route. It is noticeable, but it’s not that bad.
I'm the guy that changed springs twice in one day for ride height reasons, but it's entirely up to you. It still looks good, but it's just not exactly what you had in mind.

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm the guy that changed springs twice in one day for ride height reasons, but it's entirely up to you. It still looks good, but it's just not exactly what you had in mind.
If you were to switch out the springs and keep the rest of the FP track package, which springs would you go to for a similar performance?

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I noticed the same thing with the FP track kit. Just a bit of a rear drop, more on front.

Sponsored

wangfuco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP
I’m personally more fine with the rake than the effect it brings to the rear camber. This ride height makes it hard to dial in more rear camber for performance driving.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I run the FP. Track set up with the steeda 1/4" spacer along with 305/30-19 rears with 285/35-19 up front. This sits perfect for me and I track the car with this set up. The sway bars and aliment set up gives the car a small amount of oversteer as I exit turns. I personally like it that way. The pics are from last year.
20211205_141040.jpg
20211205_142840.jpg

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
If you were to switch out the springs and keep the rest of the FP track package, which springs would you go to for a similar performance?
First, let me say that I have not run these springs, so I have no real-world experience with them. I'm presently on 750 #/in rear springs and they're 2.5 x 6" race springs. I'm going to continue to investigate going lower until it slows the car down. So far, it hasn't.

I don't know if they're still available, but the Swift rears look to be a good combo of ride height and rate. The website doesn't list them any more, but it might be worth a call, regardless. Beyond those, I would take a look at both the aFe Control rears for a car with 'normal' passive suspension (although, adding the Bilstein B6's would be preferred) or the Whiteline lowering rears if you have the Magneride. You might have to buy all 4 springs to get the rears with either of these options.

Your front rate and drop is completely reasonable. I would want more front rate, but that's just me. The spring packages which give greater than about 1" of front drop probably have the front too low to act properly, so I'd avoid excessively dropping the front.

wangfuco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP
First, let me say that I have not run these springs, so I have no real-world experience with them. I'm presently on 750 #/in rear springs and they're 2.5 x 6" race springs. I'm going to continue to investigate going lower until it slows the car down. So far, it hasn't.

I don't know if they're still available, but the Swift rears look to be a good combo of ride height and rate. The website doesn't list them any more, but it might be worth a call, regardless. Beyond those, I would take a look at both the aFe Control rears for a car with 'normal' passive suspension (although, adding the Bilstein B6's would be preferred) or the Whiteline lowering rears if you have the Magneride. You might have to buy all 4 springs to get the rears with either of these options.

Your front rate and drop is completely reasonable. I would want more front rate, but that's just me. The spring packages which give greater than about 1" of front drop probably have the front too low to act properly, so I'd avoid excessively dropping the front.
Nice! I’m also deciding between swift and sp083

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I installed the Ford Performance Track Suspension on my 2020 Mustang GT about 3 months ago. While the front end of the car dropped, the rear end hardly dropped and hasn't in the 4,000 or so miles I've put on.
What's the advertised drop? Did you get the chance to measure before and after?

Here's some S550 GT/M1/GT350 hub to guard measurements:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt-m1-gt350-stock-ride-heights-minimal-difference.174938/

The ride heights are quite modest compared to non-Ford aftermarket.
Sponsored