Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to take a chance, hoping y'all knowledgeable folks who have contributed to this kind-of-old thread will be able to school me about the Ford Performance EcoBoost® PROCAL Tune.

From what I've seen around the Forums, not everyone is pleased with the tune's improvement. Is there consensus after these months have passed?

Item Two: The graph of improvement shows what looks like erratic behavior. Taking into account the graph is not showing power or torque curves, but "gain", what explains the lumpy shape of the curves? What kind of engine configuration or tuning change could improve the congruence of the curves?

Gray Car Ford Performance EcoBoost® Tune M-9603-M4C_POWER_CHART x2.jpg
Sponsored

NicksGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost
frank s:
Thanks for posting. If I install a tune it will be Ford Performance due to factory warranty (19 EB w/20k).

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I'm going to take a chance, hoping y'all knowledgeable folks who have contributed to this kind-of-old thread will be able to school me about the Ford Performance EcoBoost® PROCAL Tune.

From what I've seen around the Forums, not everyone is pleased with the tune's improvement. Is there consensus after these months have passed?

Item Two: The graph of improvement shows what looks like erratic behavior. Taking into account the graph is not showing power or torque curves, but "gain", what explains the lumpy shape of the curves? What kind of engine configuration or tuning change could improve the congruence of the curves?

Thanks for posting the chart! I would think that an extra 35 horses would be very noticeable at 2900 RPM, however 10 extra horsepower at 4500 may not!? I'd try shifting early, around 3000 to 3500 RPM, and see how that feels...
Did Ford give a reason for the rapid drop off in added horsepower??

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP

Hey, Frank!

I suspect that the EB power curves look wonky because there is a lot of torque management or spark advance management going on. Many of the dyno results for our engines look pretty strange, so it could just be a matter of the FP tune either building on or recovering from those original parameters. Just for a data point, here's the baseline dyno for my 2018 EBPP. If you add those gains to the two best pulls you should get an idea of what the FP can do (ignore the crappy run, it was super heat-soaked and timing was pulled way back).

48888250807_d11814e570_c.jpg
2019-08-22_Baseline_Dyno by clair_davis, on Flickr

One of these days I'll make it back down to the dyno for a few more pulls now that my FP tune has been in place for a while.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Thank youse for your informations. I think I have a little better grasp of what I was wondering about. I reckon I'll wait until my car has a few more miles on it before doing the FP tune. At the rate I'm accumulating mileage, that could be a year or two. Or three. Fewer than 200 a month. Perhaps I should just put it in a bag for the duration.
Sponsored