Ford Performance Parts

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
[MENTION=20647]Maoilearca[/MENTION] how's the pp2? How did the install go?
Okay - now the story can be told.

Kent Mustang did the install - had it for 4 hours and it cost £150. But first impressions were underwhelming! Driving home after the install, there didn't seem to be any major effect in power or sound at first (I was a bit underwhelmed - and sore at the outlay of over £1200!). But then I drove 60-70 miles more, involving 3 stops, and on the third restart (in normal mode) I suddenly felt it was pokier. And then in full throttle in sport mode, it was even pokier, smoother and deeper in noise (despite the sound tube delete). It seems it take a few drives/restarts for the PCM to 'learn' the new calibration. And when it does - bingo. Had another good drive in it today. Mine is an auto, and now the power is delivered much more smoothly in both Normal and Sport mode. I had Borla S axle-backs installed, which made the noise good. But now the noise is great - with the CAI really adding something at full pelt. Going through the Surrey Hindhead tunnel really lets you hear the difference. Also, the car simply feels beefier - as I hoped it was when I had my first drive in a GT over 2 years ago. You definitely feel the extra torque and bhp. So, yes, £1200 is a bit of money, but it feels much better now - more eager. Dare I say that PP2 lets the 2015-17 model catch up with the MY2018 in all that counts (without the droopy face)? :D
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
thanks for the write up! Good to hear you are getting on well with it, strange that it took a while to kick in - first i've heard of that, although admittedly I haven't read all there is on this subject!

Did you have to change your driving style at all to feel the benefits, or was the power just there? Did you try the no lift shift feature at all?

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
thanks for the write up! Good to hear you are getting on well with it, strange that it took a while to kick in - first i've heard of that, although admittedly I haven't read all there is on this subject!

Did you have to change your driving style at all to feel the benefits, or was the power just there? Did you try the no lift shift feature at all?
No driving style change - power is there from 1500rpm all the way up. I've subsequently heard that the bedding in/PCM learning thing is common enough. The no lift shift is a manual thing - I'm in an automatic. I'd recommend KentMustang for stall - good price and now the most experienced

John

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
It sounds like a lot of money but I bet most of us would have ticked that box if it was available with our original configuration.

Does it raise the redline?

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
It sounds like a lot of money but I bet most of us would have ticked that box if it was available with our original configuration.

Does it raise the redline?
You're right about ticking boxes - when spending up to 40k on a new car, it comes easy.

And yep - to 7250rpm now

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Haha excuse my ignorance. Haven't had my coffee yet :headbonk:
Off to costa for you!

NLS depends if the tuning device has it enabled, I know Cobb put it on all of their cars, I'm not sure if the FP tune has it, and I know Lund tune it into theirs (SCT)

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Forgot to ask how you are getting on just driving on private roads now ;)
To pay for this mod I must be rich, and all my rich friends have large private estates where I'll now do all my driving. :D
Or I'm just a lawbreaker at heart.
Meanwhile, pic of the final result, plus a couple of FP add-ons (struts and radiator cover)
Question: how early should one replace these air filters (it replaced a K&N oil-based air filter) to maintain optimal performance?
Thanks

IMG_0926.jpg

Sponsored

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
[MENTION=20647]Maoilearca[/MENTION], does the Ford tune alter the shift points on the auto?

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=20647]Maoilearca[/MENTION], does the Ford tune alter the shift points on the auto?
Ford promise 'Automatic calibrations feature optimized performance shift schedule' - and yes, 1st through to 3rd is definitely snappier - far less sluggish, even from cold