Ford Performance Parts

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There are regulations for exhaust noise etc
There aren't. I did research when I originally got the MBRP on my 2015. There is no upper limit. Its just at the MOT inspectors discretion.
Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
New cars or modifying the factory fitted exhaust. Putting a new one on there is a different kettle of fish entirely. Its a neat little loophole and essentially becomes the MOT guys prerogative to ban you.

Besides, I doubt its that widely enforced when Jaguar F-Type V8s are over 100db from factory. However, its "drive-by" is 84db recorded and the government supposedly states it should be 74. No one really cares unless that little old lady down the street has a particular axe to grind.

Then there's the 2018 Mustang in Sport mode from the factory, which is about 110db sitting stationary with revs if American Muscle are to be believed and that's road legal here.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
In short.

If you axle backs - illegal

If you cat back - legal

If you cut a hole in your exhaust - illegal (exhaust leak).

Fun loop holes are fun :p

Mind you, it's more for shitbox civics and stuff to not do cut out exhausts and what not, than it is for performance cars to sound loud and aggressive as the should.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Still trying to figure out myself if these are just the Ford Racing by Borla exhausts minus the x-pipe. I have a feeling they are.

Also want to hear one.
They are the Ford Racing by Borla systems wit a Borla resonator in place of the X Pipe. Presumably this makes them the same dB level as the factory exhaust as the factory standard system as it would otherwise be illegal to fit in accordance to the VCA's take on noise.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
They are the Ford Racing by Borla systems wit a Borla resonator in place of the X Pipe. Presumably this makes them the same dB level as the factory exhaust as the factory standard system as it would otherwise be illegal to fit in accordance to the VCA's take on noise.
Does anyone know if there is a video so can hear what sounds like? Yes the so called street legal one that Ford advertise is without the X-pipe

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
because axle backs modify stock exhaust, cat back replaces it.
But where is that information from? i.e where is it stated that replacement is okay but modification not?

Sorry if I'm being thick and missed it earlier in the thread!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
because axle backs modify stock exhaust, cat back replaces it.
But where is that information from? i.e where is it stated that replacement is okay but modification not?

Sorry if I'm being thick and missed it earlier in the thread!
Also, the catback doesn't replace the whole system, just from the cats back obv... How would we stand there I wonder.
Back when the Milltek catback was being developed and marketed there was the option of resonated or non-res, with the resonated being type approved or BS stamped or some such and the suggestion that made it EU/road legal.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've decided to revive this thread :)

Just curious - anyone ordered/installed anything from Ford UK's official offerings? In particular the power packs - I'd be really interested to hear a review from someone in the UK. Same goes for the exhausts...

:cheers:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways

Just curious - anyone ordered/installed anything from Ford UK's official offerings? In particular the power packs - I'd be really interested to hear a review from someone in the UK. Same goes for the exhausts...

anyone who's fitted a borla exhaust has fitted the ford "official" offerings.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
anyone who's fitted a borla exhaust has fitted the ford "official" offerings.
Only true for the "Ford Racing By Borla Sport" to my knowledge. Elsewhere if you buy that particular piece of kit, 1 - it will be a lot cheaper! and 2 - it will come with the x-pipe as standard. Ford also sell the "EU type approved" version which comes with a Borla resonator in place of the x-pipe, with black or chrome tips. I know [MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] ended up with a similar set up at one point (FR by Borla Touring cat back with Borla res) although he didn't get through Ford.

Annoying because I'm after the Touring version! Sport was a bit too shouty for me. I would welcome a review of the Borla resonated version of the Sport though.

Could always start with Touring axle backs I guess :shrug: why can't I make my mind up & just do it :lol:

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
Only true for the "Ford Racing By Borla Sport" to my knowledge. Elsewhere if you buy that particular piece of kit, 1 - it will be a lot cheaper! and 2 - it will come with the x-pipe as standard. Ford also sell the "EU type approved" version which comes with a Borla resonator in place of the x-pipe, with black or chrome tips. I know [MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] ended up with a similar set up at one point (FR by Borla Touring cat back with Borla res) although he didn't get through Ford.

Annoying because I'm after the Touring version! Sport was a bit too shouty for me. I would welcome a review of the Borla resonated version of the Sport though.

Could always start with Touring axle backs I guess :shrug: why can't I make my mind up & just do it :lol:

Iā€™ve got the Ford Performance Sport QUAD tip with X Pipe and GT350 lower valance and sure itā€™s noisy at full chat and on cold start but there is no drone at all and Iā€™ve found itā€™s easy to drive around creating a nice throaty burble without too much noise

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2

Power Pack 2 being installed on Monday at KentMustang (Haynes) - will report back, but by all accounts it's an excellent upgrade (though pricey)
Sponsored