Sponsored

New Ford Performance Parts !

Avalyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've just read a post on facebook by Andy Barratt.

From what I can gather, there's a whole bunch of ford performance parts available to order today from 1st December. In the UK. Covered by Ford Warranty :thumbsup:

Usual stuff from Roush, Borla, exhausts etc.

Big news for me are the availability of -

• Coil over strut and shock kits, with 16 stage adjustable damping
  • Short Shift kit with unique short shift gear linkage along with various carbon fibre knobs
  • Mustang GT Performance Calibration Packs, in 3 stages upping rev limit to 7,500
  • Supercharger kit (Roush) upping power to over 600 BHP
I know this stuff has been available for US owners, but it looks like it's now coming to the UK.

I asked Andy whether this means I could order the (one of) the calibration packs in the UK and he said yes :D

I may be totally uneducated here but I was not aware that we could order these things in the UK until now :shrug:
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

From what I can gather, there's a whole bunch of ford performance parts available to order today from 1st December. In the UK. Covered by Ford Warranty :thumbsup:

• Short Shift kit with unique short shift gear linkage along with various carbon fibre knobs
  • Mustang GT Performance Calibration Packs, in 3 stages upping rev limit to 7,500
I know this stuff has been available for US owners, but it looks like it's now coming to the UK.

I asked Andy whether this means I could order the (one of) the calibration packs in the UK and he said yes :D

I may be totally uneducated here but I was not aware that we could order these things in the UK until now :shrug:
Amazing, about time!

Any idea on where exactly we can get them? Will Ford performance have their own UK based website (doubt it)? Or do we get through the dealerships?
excited.jpg

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT

Good stuff... and about time

OP
OP
Avalyn

Avalyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
All the post says is that the new range (revealed at the Essen Motorshow) are available across Europe through the Ford dealer network from today. Fitted by specially trained technicians.

Lots of stuff for other Fast Fords too, drift stick for the RS, but what caught my eye was the Mustang approved stuff of course.

More than likely if you call a Ford Dealer they'll have no idea what you're talking about :rant: or there will be a list of approved dealers that can supply and fit the kit.

Knowing my luck there will be bugger all in Scotland :tsk:

No prices or links to sites etc. but it is a post directly from Andy himself, so he should know :D

Sponsored

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Really curious to see what the pricing on the power packs will be. The want is strong

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
It's tempting for more power but then I ask how well will the Mustang put that extra power down? Will it just be a waste?

OP
OP
Avalyn

Avalyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hahaha I love it, for me more power will be an absolute waste of money - the car does not NEED to be any quicker and certainly not for the driving I do.

The Pzeros are terrible in the dry, even when it's warm, so all more power will do is disappear in wheelspin and shorten the life of the rears (although that's a good thing :D)

So, to sum up - any of the performance parts will be a horrendous and pointless waste of money - where do I sign up :lol:I'm just not going to be able to help myself, although the supercharger may be a step too far for me ;) .. errrr, for now

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Really curious to see what the pricing on the power packs will be. The want is strong
Good point. I seem to remember the US version was about $700. Will be interesting to see what FordUK do with the price...

Just had a quick chat with Guy@Nemesis - he wasn't aware of the pending product release! So I'm guessing it may be only available through the dealer networks? Joy

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Maybe in a year or so we might even see some Ford Mustangs on sale with blowers with warranty like in the US.

OP
OP
Avalyn

Avalyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Looks like a dealer fit option then ..

The thing that winds me up, atypical for these sorts of things, is that it's all a bit 1/2 assed in it's release :confused:

What I want is a press release containing very clear information, including what each part/pack consists of, a website (part of Ford website) where I can see, price and order up anything I want and a list of approved dealers I can use. I also want it all homologated for road use.

What we've got is a press release with some sketchy details, maybe to drum up some interest I guess, but you would have thought a company the size of Ford could do something better.

Go and look at Techart on the Porsche website for an example :love:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Looks like a dealer fit option then ..

The thing that winds me up, atypical for these sorts of things, is that it's all a bit 1/2 assed in it's release :confused:

What I want is a press release containing very clear information, including what each part/pack consists of, a website (part of Ford website) where I can see, price and order up anything I want and a list of approved dealers I can use. I also want it all homologated for road use.

What we've got is a press release with some sketchy details, maybe to drum up some interest I guess, but you would have thought a company the size of Ford could do something better.

Go and look at Techart on the Porsche website for an example :love:
That is Ford.

Because damn right, I'd love to see a list of parts with UK prices as many of the parts carry over to MY18, GT 350 track spoiler for example.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That is just awesome. I really hope this will be available in Sweden. I will order the tune right away without even thinking. What makes it interesting is the blower.

I assume that the Swedish market is to small to have any of the ford performance offerings here :(

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT