KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Hey @Andrew@Lethal

Thanks Andrew@lethal. That is a good price. I’ve submitted an Int, shipping quote request. The shipping to AUS varies wildly between vendors and items (even for most economical freight) so it is the total cost (item + int shipping) that matters in the end.

Any chance of getting this quote request actioned. Q10.13955?

It’s been in process since the 19 Oct.

There are a few of us in AUS waiting on the response to see the shipping price.

Thanks

KermiStang.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
For my EB SC setup I went with the UPR, just because the 'can style' is a lot easier to unscrew and empty. I check it all the time and there is maybe a a quarter to half teaspoon of oil only on the passenger side every month or so.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hey @Andrew@Lethal

Any chance of getting this quote request actioned. Q10.13955?

It’s been in process since the 19 Oct.

There are a few of us in AUS waiting on the response to see the shipping price.

Thanks

KermiStang.
Hello, please give our customer support line a call 1.877.253.8425 ext 302 or send a support ticket into [email protected] so we can address this for you ASAP.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
I used an aftermarket brand on both my Focus ST and '17 Mustang GT and I can show you the Mason Jars I've filled up over the past few years. It's amazing to think that this water vapor, gas and oil vapor get shunted back into the induction system without a catch can setup. I actually had to have the intake valves on my ST cleaned after only 13,000 before the can install, and the photos of the deposits I was sent before the tech cleaned them was astonishing! I can only imagine what a higher mileage direct injection vehicle looks like.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
The Ford Performance Oil Separator has been on for 7 months now, curiosity got the better of me today.

Emptying these catch cans can be done a couple of ways, either on or off the vehicle. Owing to the difficulty I had in fitting the push pins into place, I decided to leave the unit in place and remove the top hat.

First, remove the engine cover to allow access and then loosen the four bolts holding the lid in place.

IMG-2946.jpg

IMG-2948.jpg

After unclipping the hose connected to the inlet manifold, I went through and removed each screw by hand VERY carefully. These are not magnetic so don't rely on your magnetized screw driver to hold them in place. A replacement for something this obscure would be very difficult to find. (Keep in mind I am in Australia, EVERYTHING takes longer here.)

IMG-2950.jpg

Hardest one to remove was the one sitting under the radiator expansion tank. I actually lifted the lid off and out with the screw still in tact to be safer than fiddling with it and risking dropping it into the depths of a Coyote engine bay. I have seen where the hose is removed to gain access but I do not like digging deeper than I have to with these sort of things.

IMG-2952.jpg

The amount of oil collected was about what I expected.

IMG-2955.jpg

Removing the oil can be done a couple of ways. When the whole unit is removed from the car, the oil can be simply be poured out. When left in place like mine, you can use a syringe to suck the oil from the container or use paper towels to absorb it. The amount in the tank was such the paper towel method was better suited here.

IMG-2957.jpg

IMG-2960.jpg

IMG-2962.jpg

Once the tank is cleaned out, replace the top hat, remembering to click the hose back onto the inlet manifold in the process.

IMG-2966.jpg

Engine cover back on.

IMG-2967.jpg

IMG-2970.jpg

As mentioned, the amount of oil was what I was expecting, owing to the minimal km's done over those 7 months.
Sponsored