Ford Performance Oil Separator 2018-19 GT

Mr.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 2019 Velocity Blue PP2
Anyone know if Ford Performance has released their oil separator for the 18-19 GT 5.0 yet? I had a JLT on my '13 Boss and didn't like the fact there was no support for the can and it rubbed in the overflow tank. The Ford unit looks like it's factory and mounts to the engine.
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Anyone know if Ford Performance has released their oil separator for the 18-19 GT 5.0 yet? I had a JLT on my '13 Boss and didn't like the fact there was no support for the can and it rubbed in the overflow tank. The Ford unit looks like it's factory and mounts to the engine.
Yeah I put mine on this weekend. Got it from CJ Pony Parts.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
I have one on my2018 GT from Summit Racing. They had the best price and install was 15 minutes at best,

Sponsored

Cochezz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cochezz
Vehicle(s)
Old and New
Why does it specifically say passenger side? Do you need to order another one for the driver side cylinder head or something?

OP
OP

Mr.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 2019 Velocity Blue PP2
Don't waste your money on the drivers side. It's not under vacuum and dose not pass any oil.

Sponsored

Fastfwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT 2012 Honda Accord V6 Coupe EX-L Nav
How important is this on cars with both direct and port injection? I'm not that familiar with these other than when looking at Volkswagen Golfs I saw that their direct injection turbo 2.0 liter engines were pretty notorious for carbon buildup and it was a really good idea to use a catch can. My understanding was that there were only a few cars from Toyota and apparently these Fords using both port and direct injection which as I understand it in theory will work to help clean that carbon off the valves which a direct injection only engine will not?

I'm over 6k miles now and I haven't put one on. Considering it, but $150+ is pretty steep for something if it's not really all that necessary.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
It’s worth the investment.

I’ve emptied mine twice and I just hit 7k miles. I never measured the collections but between the both I’d say it totaled 2-3oz.

Fastfwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT 2012 Honda Accord V6 Coupe EX-L Nav
It’s worth the investment.

I’ve emptied mine twice and I just hit 7k miles. I never measured the collections but between the both I’d say it totaled 2-3oz.
I'm sure it does work to catch the oil, fuel, etc. but I'm just curious how mandatory it is on cars with both port and direct injection if the major issue is carbon buildup on the valves and having port injection is supposed to remedy that. I mean, do cars without direct injection use these things too?

It's probably a good idea. I see that there are performance benefits to trap that crud from recirculating beyond the carbon buildup issue.
Sponsored