Sponsored

Ford performance calibration but use the stock airbox?

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
The kit airbox seal goes behind the hood vent slot. Once the hood is closed it's sealed to the hood liner (how well can be debated) and the only air path is from the front snorkel.
I had this set up and replaced it with the GT500 box. IAT's are a bit lower and recovery from slow traffic heat buildup is faster. I will be selling the GT350 airbox very soon sans the inlet duct to the throttle body if anyone is interested.
Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
It won't work because the tune is specifically calibrated for the larger MAF sensor in the GT350 kit. If you use that with the smaller OEM MAF sensor then it won't run well or at all.
Not sure regarding 18+, but 2015-2017 and gt350 have the same air flow sensor part number last time I checked.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Not sure regarding 18+, but 2015-2017 and gt350 have the same air flow sensor part number last time I checked.
Yes, but different sized tubes and a different cal in the tune.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
The tube where the MAF sensor is located is larger with the 350 CAI. It won't be reading the air entering the engine properly. The car might be able to compensate but I would not do it.

A simple fix for the open box is to make a cover out of cardboard or lexan. Sized right it snaps into the rubber gasket that is above the box.

I have mine still made out of cardboard. I have pics somewhere I'll add them to this thread when I find em. It works great. Heat soak is only slightly more than the stock box.
I'd like to see how you covered it. My aits jump fast idling in traffic

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The gt350 I believe had hood vents that feed this airbox and the standard GT hood vents work against pressurizing it.
It doesn't, the hood vent is in the middle to offset warm air from the radiator. There's no hood vent for the intake. It just gets fed (just like the stock GT box) from the front grill with a direct connection. If it works for the GT350, it will work for your Coyote.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It's not the MAF itself, it's the size of the tube the MAF sits in that matters. You can have the same MAF, but if the diameter is different the calibration won't work correctly.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'd like to see how you covered it. My aits jump fast idling in traffic
I'm pretty sure I posted a pic.

I took a piece of cardboard and fitted it to one half of the rubber seal. it has a rib on the bottom. I then took another piece and fitted it to the other half. I then joined both halves and there is the cover. I now have a template for the lexan.

It snaps into the rubber gasket on the bottom rib.
Sponsored