Ford Order Tracking Website

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2020 f150 xlt, 2013 avenger 3.6l, 2017 f350 srw xl
I've only had this website work once, what gives? Does it only work on certain days or hours? Is anyone else having any luck getting this web page to work?
Screenshot_20220224-085735_Samsung Internet.jpg
Sponsored

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
I've only had this website work once, what gives? Does it only work on certain days or hours? Is anyone else having any luck getting this web page to work?
Screenshot_20220224-085735_Samsung Internet.jpg
Unfortunately, the Ford Order Tracking website has rarely worked. I was checking and trying it daily since late December, and it only worked for me intermittently in late January / early February. I was documenting some of that in another thread I posted at the link below

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2022-order-questions.169614/post-3451065

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Worked for 2 days a few weeks ago, it’s absolutely horrible. Ford should be ashamed to have their name on it. Either fix it or drop it.

Lexc12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1
Same here worked for 2days back in January screenshot everything and downloaded window stcker

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I realize this thread is about the Ford Order Tracking website, and we've been discussing how it rarely works. Nonetheless, one thing I've been doing to track changes and "movement" of my car's production/built/shipment/delivery is to closely watch the Window Sticker footer date (see yellow highlighted) in picture below) every day, because every so often it does change and get a new, updated date. In fact, it changed again on my car's Window Sticker today, and I know my car is currently in shipment from Flat Rock to my dealer by train (which will take a couple of weeks). I don't fully know the reason for the date changes, because the Window Sticker itself doesn't explain it, but my guess is my car might have a new/changed status on the rail line (for example, it switched from CSX to Union Pacific and got a new railcar assignment).

To check your Window Sticker online and verify its footer date, use this link and put your VIN in place of the XXXs

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=XXX

Capture.PNG

Sponsored

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a bit technical, but in watching the underlying communication from my computer's web browser to Ford's Order Tracking server, this is the low-level message coming back to my browser after clicking the "Accept & Track" button:

{
"Status": "error",
"Code": "exception",
"type": "notice",
"output": "popup",
"message": "This vehicle is not yet available in order tracking at this time, please check back later"
}

Speaking as a software & web developer, I think the first two lines of that JSON response message ("Status" and "Code") are saying something is wrong on the Ford server/system, because of the associated values are "error" and "exception". Generally speaking, that means something is not processing correctly on Ford's server.

moomoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F-250
It sucks that we spend so much on these cars and Ford can not provide a stable platform for status/order information. Wonder if other manufactures are any better.

daveolej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1, 2014 Ram
I have a 02/25/2022 in the footer of my sticker as well. According to Ford Performance my car has been sitting at the plant since 2/10 but they say it it produced. Scheduled to be delivered to Chapman this week.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been digging in trying to research this Ford Order Tracking website issue, and today I found that it works for some cars and not others. It hasn't worked on my 2022 car order, or many recently ordered cars, it seems.

I found another car, a Mach 1 ordered last year, and just recently delivered to a dealership in Texas. This link with the VIN below seems to work for the Ford Order Tracking system, and that particular car. Weird.

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking/status/?vin=1FA6P8R00M5553205

Monday 3/7 Edit: The link above is no longer working. It was working the past few days.

Reference: Here is the forum post that led me to find that car:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/new-cars-instock.172567/

Last edited:

daveolej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1, 2014 Ram
It has never worked for my 2022 Mach1 order. I keep calling Ford Performance to see if they have a delivery date but I don't even think they know for sure. I had a delivery date of 2/28-3/6 now it's been pushed back to 3/14-3/20 or later

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If Ford cannot maintain a simple build/price or vehicle tracking site, one has to wonder what is the state of their parts supply/inventory and just-in-time delivery systems.

Last edited:

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As another forum member mentioned earlier today in another thread, it seems Ford's Order Tracking website might be working again.

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

I can confirm; I saw my car on it.

20220308-FordOrderTrackingWorkingAgain.PNG

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
It did not work for me until my car was in production. Mine says "Convoy" where the sticker above says Rail, so it appears mine is coming via truck. Straight shot on I-80 West
Sponsored

Last edited: