Sponsored

Ford or Exedy Flywheel

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Anyone have any input? Ford Performance M-6375-M50 or Exedy EF502A?

Both are steel, and lighter.
Ford advertises as 9 pounds lighter than previous version but i don't know what that means compared to stock. Exedy, i can't find any info on weight.

I'm planning on running the Exedy Stage 3 Mach 500 clutch which has a sprung hub, and the Ford one advertises as having a 7 inch recess for this, where the exedra says nothing, but i can't imagine it's own brand of clutch wouldn't fit.

Anyone have experience with either?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Awesome! Any negatives? Is it a bit more temperamental now in traffic with the lighter flywheel? Can you feel better throttle response with the lighter flywheel?

Thanks!

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
I’ve only ever driven the car with the Exedy clutch but it had the factory flywheel. Last year the slave cylinder went out so I decided to replace the clutch with the same one and I installed the light weight flywheel. I have no complaints, throttle response is fine and engagement starts about an inch or so off the floor. The pedal is heavier than stock but I don’t daily mine, heavy stop & go traffic may take some getting used to. It’s a great combo and I’d be surprised if you regretted it.

EDIT: of course just do a proper break-in

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Never had an issue with Exedy. Ran the 500 series in my 05 FI setup and 13 FI setup. Pedal will be a smidge firmer. It's not like going with a Centerforce dual friction. I ran one of those in my 02 NA setup. Way too much clutch for that car and extremely heavy. But it was a cable clutch as well v hydraulic.

No chatter on the Exedy setups. Just do the 500 mile break in to be safe. I still hit mine in gear on occasion but waited through the 500 mile to rip through the gears and make a pass on a good hooking tire on both cars. I'm going back to a stick shift after this car. If I go 13 Boss 302 I'll do Exedy again. Not sure what I'll run if I ever find a good deal on a 13/14 GT500.

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
hmmm.... i daily mine, and occasionally have to deal with traffic. Not often, but i don't want a workout if i do end up in traffic either. I can do a bit firmer but any more than that and i'm probably not going to enjoy it!

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Well you should have thought about that before making your decision.

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Who said i already made a decision? That's why i'm here asking.

"I'm planning on running the Exedy Stage 3 Mach 500 clutch"

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I’m looking forward to trying this clutch out as well. I appreciate you trying to figure out the flywheel differences and look forward to what you end up getting.
Sponsored