Ford NAIAS ST?

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It's a waste of money to even bother with the Edge, it's sales pale in comparison to the Escape. If they want to do a sporty SUV that actually sells, the Escape would make much more sense. Throw the 2.7L EB motor in it, sportier suspension and styling and call it a day. Or even just transplant the Focus ST parts into the Escape if they really want to phone it in. Either would sell way more than an Edge ST.
I disagree. I have owned both vehicles. I currently have the 2.0 Escape. The edge is much more built for ST performance. Jeep and dodge have put Hemi's in there big SUV's. Gotta compete with them.
:cheers:
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I disagree. I have owned both vehicles. I currently have the 2.0 Escape. The edge is much more built for ST performance. Jeep and dodge have put Hemi's in there big SUV's. Gotta compete with them.
:cheers:
The Edge already has the Sport model though and I had one for a week. It drove great, plenty of punch already. Maybe they're just renaming the Sport model the ST and giving it a refresh?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt it's a crossover or SUV. There isn't really a market for that outside luxury brand or heavy offroader. Big engine (or at least powerful engine) in an SUV? Sure. ST is about more than just forward go though.

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Last edited:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh
1226.gif

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
PERFORMANCE BLUE

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Dodge: Let's release a mini-series of videos, building up to the Demon. A badass drag car.

Chevy: Let's release a video of our newest performance vehicle running at Nurburgring, then announce a literal fire breathing 750 HP Corvette.

Ford: Hi :) Here's an SUV :) It's pretty cool! Get ready for the new Bullitt!

Ford is very close to losing a lifelong customer.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It does look good (for what it is). I can see some housewives getting excited about it.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
I like it, I mean yes it's an edge, but really, if you are looking for a Ford year round daily with some performance, what would you get? Explorer sports are 50k, SRT jeep/durangos are north of 60.... The front is an interesting combo of GT350/18GT/ST.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I really like my 16 Edge Sport. While I'm looking forward to driving the new Edge ST it seems like more of a Sport to ST name swap than a real Ford Performance offering. I hope this isn't the start of watering down the Ford Performance brand as I would have expected them to target a Porsche Cayenne GTS. Only a 20HP bump? C'Mon Man!
Sponsored

Last edited: