Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Treats are cute for some. The rest will pass on the tofu and wait for a nice healthy steak.

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
2019 Ford Edge ST

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
So all this waiting and build up for a freakin fracking ST hatch back econobox POS!!!!!???

Sponsored

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica
No way a Mustang gets an "ST" badge.

Now I see that you stated it was an Edge. This better not be some re-badge. That would be a huge mistake for Ford as well as FP. Anything short of 350 hp in that thing will just be FP trying to make good on their 5 vehicles over the next 3 years (or whatever) statement.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
What a let down so far! Very disappointing if that is it!!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Edge ST. Huh. :(

Sponsored

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Which begs the question WHY TF!!
Because a performance CUV would probably sell like crazy and could bring in new buyers. Plus Ford would have a Ford Performance vehicle in every segment from a (relatively) inexpensive hatchback, to trucks to a supercar and now CUV's.

The only vehicles with a slant like that in the hatch area are the Edge, (Current) Explorer, next generation Fiesta and it looks like the next generation Focus as well. I believe the Focus will be unveiled sometime later in Europe and as much as I want it I doubt the next Fiesta ST will come to America. I think the Explorer will stick with Sport name because it's a little bit more well known.

So ya it looks like the Edge will get a refresh with an ST model. Interesting. I'm pretty sure it has been said before FP was working on a CUV.

EDIT: Another thing to note, the Explorer has its badging sit higher up on the tailgate. The ST badge is right where the Sport one sits on the Edge.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The Mustang II sold well too.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It's a waste of money to even bother with the Edge, it's sales pale in comparison to the Escape. If they want to do a sporty SUV that actually sells, the Escape would make much more sense. Throw the 2.7L EB motor in it, sportier suspension and styling and call it a day. Or even just transplant the Focus ST parts into the Escape if they really want to phone it in. Either would sell way more than an Edge ST.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Mustang II sold well too.
Arguments can be made for the Mustang II if you judge it in the context of the previous vehicles and those of the day. At least the Mustang II was a small vehicle that a V8 could fit into, front engine rear drive, with a manual transmission. It weighed about 3,200 pounds! (if my quick internet search was right)

The Mustang II even had an SLA front suspension design. Better in principle than many modern suspension designs.

The Edge is a big, boaty vehicle that is high off the ground and has 4 doors. It's also standard front wheel drive. Progress?

It's a waste of money to even bother with the Edge, it's sales pale in comparison to the Escape. If they want to do a sporty SUV that actually sells, the Escape would make much more sense. Throw the 2.7L EB motor in it, sportier suspension and styling and call it a day. Or even just transplant the Focus ST parts into the Escape if they really want to phone it in. Either would sell way more than an Edge ST.
Good thoughts! I might buy a lowered Escape with a 350+ HP motor in it and AWD. Sounds like a Focus RS to me though. I'd buy a Focus RS without the super stiff suspension and a lower entry price.
Sponsored