Sponsored

Ford mustang waiting list almost out to 2017

austang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Veloster Turbo
Good for anyone who wants to make a quick buck to sell straight after launch. Be keen to see what premium people willing to pay for one.

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
Matches what I was told today. My order was placed yesterday (1 September) and dealer advised that currently I will get the car in November 2016.

Given the delivery date, the dealer said there is a chance these cars may have more/different features based on the US 2016 model.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Ours are the 2016 model anyway though?

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
Matches what I was told today. My order was placed yesterday (1 September) and dealer advised that currently I will get the car in November 2016.

Given the delivery date, the dealer said there is a chance these cars may have more/different features based on the US 2016 model.
GAFA,
If your car is delivered in November 2016, it will probably be a MY2017 Model.

Sponsored

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
Ours are the 2016 model anyway though?
they may be MY16 but they are based off the MY15 specs, not much changed, especially when we dont get the sync3 or hood vents. but they are USDM MY15 AUDM MY16

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
GAFA,
If your car is delivered in November 2016, it will probably be a MY2017 Model.
And I think that's why the dealer things the features will be based on the current US MY2016 as we (Australia) are about 12 months behind the US specs/features. So there is a chance it could have SYNC 3.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I have to believe these wait times would have to decrease. 2017 is a joke to wait for a car you order in the next month or so. Man a lot can change in that time. I think it will put people off. I mean I want one but that is getting ridiculous.

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
Sure I'd like to have the car sooner, but in my case my current lease doesn't expire until December 2016 so the timing works for me, hence I delayed placing my order. There is a chance the date may come forward by a few months as apprantentlty Ford Australia have asked for more slots due to the demand.

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
they may be MY16 but they are based off the MY15 specs, not much changed, especially when we dont get the sync3 or hood vents. but they are USDM MY15 AUDM MY16
Even in a later model year we still won't get hood vents due to the pedestrian safety regulations garbage that the Euro spec cars have to conform to.

I suppose Sync 3 is a possibility, although I'm not entirely convinced on that just yet - we only got Sync 2 late last year despite it being available in the US since 2011.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
I'm guessing Sync3 will be in by mid '16 or at least year end '16.

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
Just to confirm the other points in the ordered list thread, some delaers are now in Feb 2017.

I placed an order being told that it all goes through Ford AU, then after reading here, placed a new order with a bigger dealer, waiting for confirmation, but should be Sept 2016. 5 months difference!

ALthough I doubt whatthe delaer says now, theyjust answer with what sounds logical, the first dealer said that it would be the 2016 model delivered.

Now after more reading, since they have already started making and selling the 2016 model in the states, may mean I get the 2017 build. correct positioning of the handbrake??? I can hope! :doh:

Last edited:

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
Just to confirm the other points in the ordered list thread, some delaers are now in Feb 2017.

I placed an order being told that it all goes through Ford AU, then after reading here, placed a new order with a bigger dealer, waiting for confirmation, but should be Sept 2016. 5 months difference!

ALthough I doubt whatthe delaer says now, they just answer with what sounds logical, the first dealer said that it would be the 2016 model delivered.

Now after more reading, since they have already started making and selling the 2016 model in the states, may mean I get the 2017 build. correct positioning of the handbrake??? I can hope! :doh:
The only Mustangs being built (USA and the rest of the world) are 2016 models as they shutdown 2015 production about a month ago. So the cars coming to Australia this year and up to mid next year will be 2016 models. Depending on delivery dates for cars late next year, it's very likely they will be 2017 models.

I know we all want the handbrake lever to be moved, but it won't (if at all) happen until Ford does their mid-life make over of the S550 in 2018, which we won't get until 2019. For 10 years (1994-2004) the Americans had to put up with the handbrake lever on the right hand side (wrong side for them) so I'm sure we will get buy with it on the wrong side.

ozracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0
re the splitter I think its just the photo angle it is the same on the us version I have seen here and in the photos downunder.....PP Splitter
Sponsored