Sponsored

Ford Lightning owner powers home essentials for 2 days and still had battery left in the tank

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Not too shabby. I get about 12 hours out of my portable 9500 Watt generator, then I need more gas. If the whole area is out of electricity, then I'm SOL getting gas.

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
That's really cool. Kinda makes me want a Lightning. The more stories like this that come out are definitely great for the marketing team.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
rather expensive vehicle that loses HALF (or more) of it's so-called range when it's a little bit cold or towing an EMPTY aluminum 2-axle vehicle trailer. Fridge/Freezer are extremely low load these days. Not to mention he could have just moved stuff outside and saved even that amount of electric load.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That’s a great pr prop. I won’t negate the benefit it had for them in there situation. But let’s be honest, nothing that was referenced has a draw of any kind, especially refrigerators and the like in the dead of winter. Now if it was down here in the summer and it powered the ac’s for a day or two, I’d be really impressed. My home for example is about a 60 amp draw, 208-230, for ac’s.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
They didn't say if it powered the HVAC system which in case like this is the most essential thing it could possibly power (assuming furnace is gas powered and gas is being supplied). If it did then it more than paid for itself for what would be cost of home repairs.
However, it should be banned because it is taking our freedoms away.

Seriously though - yes, it's not an ideal truck but for a first iteration but Ford nailed from many angles and GM (and even Tesla with their ridiculous thing) is playing a catch game now. Every Ford fanboy should be jumping up and down about this thing.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It should of done ok with a gas fired furnance. A typical system is only a three or four amp draw for the blower assembly. One of my electrical subs bought one for his service vehicle. Loaded up for him which is roughly a thousand pounds from his guess he’s getting roughly 150 miles of range. He’s happy with it but said he does pay attention to how he routes a multi call day. It is a nice truck if it suits someones needs.

They didn't say if it powered the HVAC system which in case like this is the most essential thing it could possibly power (assuming furnace is gas powered and gas is being supplied). If it did then it more than paid for itself for what would be cost of home repairs.
However, it should be banned because it is taking our freedoms away.

Seriously though - yes, it's not an ideal truck but for a first iteration but Ford nailed from many angles and GM (and even Tesla with their ridiculous thing) is playing a catch game now. Every Ford fanboy should be jumping up and down about this thing.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That article is completely terrible. Severe weather events are becoming more common now. 78% more power outages. Yuck! Talk about terrible journalism. It reads like an ad.

I was also surprised it didn't mention the furnace. Seems to me that keeping the pipes (and people) from freezing would be the most important thing. Frozen/burst pipes can destroy your home.
Sponsored