OP
OP
P8K

P8K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Why? Are you unaware that there is a worldwide chip shortage right now? It is effecting production of everything that uses computer chips. And short term, it's only going to get worse.
Yes. I was completely oblivious to this and the fact the article is dated April 23rd made me think this was breaking news. Oh, well... At least now I feel better that it's just me finding out late[/QUOTE]

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yes. I was completely oblivious to this and the fact the article is dated April 23rd made me think this was breaking news. Oh, well... At least now I feel better that it's just me finding out late
There's a lot going on these days. It's easy to miss something. :like:

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
I think the news is overstating the facts on these. They are rolling shortages at different plants. Summer vacation will be eliminated and total output should stay relatively normal.

OP
OP
P8K

P8K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
About five weeks ago I special ordered a Transit van. The salesman was telling me, how Ford has parking lots full of vehicles waiting on electronic components. Honestly, I thought it was a scare tactic to make me take something of the lot. He also said, normal delivery was 6-8 weeks but because of covid, it would likely be more like 8-10 weeks.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
There are varying shortages of many things now. ASIC's, lumber, workers, meat processing capacity, chicken wings, rental cars, ketchup, you name it. As we work our way out of COVID things will return to normal.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Why? Are you unaware that there is a worldwide chip shortage right now? It is effecting production of everything that uses computer chips. And short term, it's only going to get worse.
And why these things need to be made here. This is just retail issues, but what if it was a issue of a war effort.
These type products need to be made HERE.

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
69 428 CJ Mach 1 , 2020 gt350
And why these things need to be made here. This is just retail issues, but what if it was a issue of a war effort.
These type products need to be made HERE.
Damn striaght.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Sorry, but a little knowledge goes a long way. It doesn’t matter where they are made as that isn’t the reason for the shortage.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/what...joEPAyAL30E7n7xg52z72p371Tw89cqwLbRxeC2qqFCGG
When you are making them, you get to dole them out. i.e. who gets them first or at all.
You think if it came push to shove, and we had a conflict with someone, that they supply the products?
There is more to it than what Yahoo, spells out in that link.
I have heard all the b/s for decades. it is a labor cost issue, (robots build them all), and all the other factors for making everything elsewhere.
We been fed crapola, and blindly believe it. A day will come when this outsourcing will be our undoing.
In the retail end it be who is paying the most for the part, in other type of supply chains it be the home team FIRST.
(trying to not get into the taboo part of the subject)
My opinion, and everyone has them. so, your mileage may vary.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
When you are making them, you get to dole them out. i.e. who gets them first or at all.
You think if it came push to shove, and we had a conflict with someone, that they supply the products?
There is more to it than what Yahoo, spells out in that link.
I have heard all the b/s for decades. it is a labor cost issue, (robots build them all), and all the other factors for making everything elsewhere.
We been fed crapola, and blindly believe it. A day will come when this outsourcing will be our undoing.
In the retail end it be who is paying the most for the part, in other type of supply chains it be the home team FIRST.
(trying to not get into the taboo part of the subject)
My opinion, and everyone has them. so, your mileage may vary.
I hear you loud and clear. Unfortunately the majority of all chips are made in the Far East, with China being #1. We all now how that goes. But business is business and global corporations get first dibs. Other manufacturers were effected before Ford and some have not been effected at all. As far as manufacturing coming back to the US, forgetaboutit, that ship has long sailed. As the old saying goes it is what it is. And we can all agree it sucks. :frown:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I think the news is overstating the facts on these. They are rolling shortages at different plants. Summer vacation will be eliminated and total output should stay relatively normal.
The news is good at overstating facts, it’s what sells and gets everyone into a frenzy... and this applies to ALL news outlets. :)
Sponsored