Sponsored

Ford Inspector for Warranty Repair-Update:Warranty Denied Claim Due to Off Road Racing

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Dictionary says “heart is racing” means heart is going “real fast”, so therefore going real fast in a gt350 must be “racing.” Even it’s impossible to win, place, or exceed a marked time by officials, which is what every sane individual knows are all requirements to be considered motorsports “racing.” Bro that floors his car on the highway real fast or corners in a way that “wears tires like in racing” is not racing. Preposterous. This opinion is far beyond anti-consumer laws which are generally very pro consumer. I would love to have a 5 min no lies conversation with this arbitrator to find out what’s really going on here. It’s incompetence or worse.

Great job Ford. You’ve managed to save $4k of internal costs and piss off a collective hundred/thousands of true automobile enthusiasts who have the budget to buy your premium product all because you are unable to uphold common sense warranties and coverage language when balanced against your own representations of your “track ready vehicle.” I suggest the next performance ford vehicle advertisements should read along the lines of “we built it to go fast, but if you try to go fast in it in any way and our budget engineering fails, we are bailing on all representations and you’re at the mercy of whatever your local dealer wants to charge you to fix your broken ass ride.” Thank you and please buy Ford again.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I’m honestly concerned that if my 8yr old is in the back seat in my Shelby “racing through his homework,” did I just void my warranty?

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have emails and phone numbers to Road and Track publisher/journalists? Let’s start community spamming all the automobile mags and YouTube auto reviewers/influencers to review this thread and Ford’s literal position that “you cannot take your GT350 to a track or all your warranties are voided.”

I’d love to get some Ford GT or GTD owners (who paid upper 6 or low 7 figures for their car) involved with their resources and connections to figure out how and why Ford is able to market and sell a track focused car with warranty (plus sell you additional warranty coverage for extra $) and then void it all bc you tracked your track car which is apparently now the same as wheel to wheel racing.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Anyone have emails and phone numbers to Road and Track publisher/journalists? Let’s start community spamming all the automobile mags and YouTube auto reviewers/influencers to review this thread and Ford’s literal position that “you cannot take your GT350 to a track or all your warranties are voided.”

I’d love to get some Ford GT or GTD owners (who paid upper 6 or low 7 figures for their car) involved with their resources and connections to figure out how and why Ford is able to market and sell a track focused car with warranty (plus sell you additional warranty coverage for extra $) and then void it all bc you tracked your track car which is apparently now the same as wheel to wheel racing.
I wonder what ford would think if all the ford performance owners: Shelby's, Mach 1, Ford GT, GTD, Raptor, etc... left and never bought another ford performance vehicle? A couple owners they may not care about but all? ford should not push esp to performance car owners.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder what ford would think if all the ford performance owners: Shelby's, Mach 1, Ford GT, GTD, Raptor, etc... left and never bought another ford performance vehicle? A couple owners they may not care about but all? ford should not push esp to performance car owners.
I mentioned above I voted with my wallet. ~$170k msrp for a z06 all carbon high spec z07 pack is going to Chevy, not Ford.

I’m far from a competitive “racing driver” , but I’ve generally been fastest or second fastest (despite never seeming to “win first” unfortunately) at my HPDE unless there is a GT3RS or spec car with a good driver. So when people come talk to me about my car, I’ll do my part to share how superior Chevy is with their warranties for enthusiast car owners than Ford is.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Ford is actually somewhat active on 7G. If you want to go poke at them, they interact with the 7G folks. I’m sure they’re watching over here too but they at least chime in over there

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Make no mistake, they’re all cut from the same cloth. As for GM I still remember paint peeling off vehicles in the tens of thousands. Bought a Magnum Srt8 from Canada, was originally a US car. Fuel tank was a recall, Dodge denied it because the car was brought in from Canada. Had 34k miles on it. They ALL do this bs on one level or another. We as enthusiasts/consumers get to pick our poison, but its still there regardless of manufacturer.

I mentioned above I voted with my wallet. ~$170k msrp for a z06 all carbon high spec z07 pack is going to Chevy, not Ford.

I’m far from a competitive “racing driver” , but I’ve generally been fastest or second fastest (despite never seeming to “win first” unfortunately) at my HPDE unless there is a GT3RS or spec car with a good driver. So when people come talk to me about my car, I’ll do my part to share how superior Chevy is with their warranties for enthusiast car owners than Ford is.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Make no mistake, they’re all cut from the same cloth. As for GM I still remember paint peeling off vehicles in the tens of thousands. Bought a Magnum Srt8 from Canada, was originally a US car. Fuel tank was a recall, Dodge denied it because the car was brought in from Canada. Had 34k miles on it. They ALL do this bs on one level or another. We as enthusiasts/consumers get to pick our poison, but its still there regardless of manufacturer.
Agreed. There’s more than a few stories of GM denying warranty work because people installed catch cans on their Camaros. Even though the catch can had nothing to do with the warranty claim part. They all do it in some form or fashion

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Anything happens on track, take it home first. Its a pain in the ass but you have to do it.

My advisor said ESP requires pictures of engine bay, took picture of wheel wells/tires (to check for boogers and if they were beat on so put your STOCKERS back on). Take off HPDE stickers, numbers on door etc. I cleaned my car just in case as well before I had it towed to dealership. She said "you are fine, the car doesn't look "raced' at all". What an idiotic statement. Still took 3 months for engine replacement.

They did NOT pull any data from the ECU. She said it is ESP looking for this evidence, if the car was still in warranty through FORD it would have been approved in no time. ESP is the difficulty here. The tech tore down the motor, found the OPG shredded and esp STILL wanted them to take more pictures before new voodoo was sent. They are the bastards.....

I also voted with my wallet and sold the 350 shortly after motor replaced. Whole thing was a pain in the ass and pissed me off.

It's absolutely ridiculous that we have to play this game with ESP. Pictures of the engine bay? I've heard others get denied because of AFTERMARKET INTAKES. Pictures of my tires/wheel wells? How stupid is the system....

Last edited:

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Anything happens on track, take it home first. Its a pain in the ass but you have to do it.

My advisor said ESP requires pictures of engine bay, took picture of wheel wells/tires (to check for boogers and if they were beat on so put your STOCKERS back on). Take off HPDE stickers, numbers on door etc. I cleaned my car just in case as well before I had it towed to dealership. She said "you are fine, the car doesn't look "raced' at all". What an idiotic statement. Still took 3 months for engine replacement.

They did NOT pull any data from the ECU. She said it is ESP looking for this evidence, if the car was still in warranty through FORD it would have been approved in no time. ESP is the difficulty here. The tech tore down the motor, found the OPG shredded and esp STILL wanted them to take more pictures before new voodoo was sent. They are the bastards.....

I also voted with my wallet and sold the 350 shortly after motor replaced. Whole thing was a pain in the ass and pissed me off.

It's absolutely ridiculous that we have to play this game with ESP. Pictures of the engine bay? I've heard others get denied because of AFTERMARKET INTAKES. Pictures of my tires/wheel wells? How stupid is the system....
So esp perception is their reality even though they are pushed as just an extension of the ford warranty.

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So esp perception is their reality even though they are pushed as just an extension of the ford warranty.
Correct. I assumed I was buying an extension to my Ford warranty. That is not the case.

I took my car to a dealer that is known for 350 engine replacements here in GA. They know how to "play the game" with ESP. Even funnier, the advisor said the new motor carried a 1 year warranty THROUGH FORD and if it failed again - would be easy process for replacement as they wouldn't have to deal with ESP.

Mind blowing the shenanigans entailed. I am frustrated for OP because it seems everyone knows the hijinks of all parties - yet we all have to play dumb.

I was never asked once by my advisor what I was doing or where the car was at time of failure. And of course not, the dealership wants to bill for the work done. It's all bullshit.

Last edited:
OP
OP

mikedahammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
After reviewing the proceeding I am surprised that the arbitrator went with a definition of racing different than what was presented by me and different than what Ford's representative proffered.

Below is clip of how Ford ESP defines racing:

Last edited:

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
This needs to be told to all that are buying/own a ford performance vehicle so they know if they use the car/truck as marketed and intended that esp does not cover it. Shelby's, Mach 1, Raptor, etc... need to be aware.

2fast2focus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andres
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
After reviewing the proceeding I am surprised that the arbitrator went with a definition of racing different than what was presented by me and different than what Ford's representative proffered.

Below is clip of how of what Ford said:

This makes the situation even more frustrating. Ford has a definition in which they refer to racing in the context of motorsport, but the ESP cant use that definition? So the arbitrator uses "functioning at top speed," which has an example of "people racing for safety" & "mind was racing," not even a motorsport example. So the top speed of the car is X and you were a few mph under, you weren't technically at top speed were you? So unless you hit the limiter in 6th gear, shouldn't they approve you claim because you weren't at "top speed?"

OP I'm sorry that you got the crap end of this. My entire opinion of Ford has changed drastically after this ordeal. I think my Mach1 may be my last Ford vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited: