Sponsored

Ford Inspector for Warranty Repair-Update:Warranty Denied Claim Due to Off Road Racing

OP
OP

mikedahammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I think the arbitrator is blind to the situation at hand.

Unfortunately, this now sets the opposite precedence expected where this case could be referenced to deny any other similar claims put forth by others with similar failures while using their vehicle in similar events.

I think OP should still pursue, but at what cost and time?
This probably close to the end of the line for me. As for the opposite precedence, hopefully this will help other people prepared to address the short falls with my case. To lose because the car went too fast or to a Merriam Webster's dictionary is a little disheartening.
Sponsored

Last edited:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
This probably close to the end of the line for me. As for the opposite precedence, hopefully this will help other people prepared to address the short falls with my case. To lose because the car went too fast or to a Merriam Webster's dictionary is a little disheartening.
The OP did a masterful and tireless job with this, but as even he likely knew the cards were stacked against him from the very beginning. It has nothing to do with logical, cogent arguments; it has to do with setting a precedent.

Even if the arbitrator had ruled against Ford, thereā€™s less than zero chance they would have let the decision stand. Do the math. They couldnā€™t afford to. Even in the old days when GM would occasionally allow a customer to ā€œwinā€ a warranty appeal, said customer had to sign not only an NDA but also a document stipulating that they understood the agreed adjustment was in no way an admission that the customerā€™s assertion was justified but a simple goodwill gesture from GM.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
The OP did a masterful and tireless job with this, but as even he likely knew the cards were stacked against him from the very beginning. It has nothing to do with logical, cogent arguments; it has to do with setting a precedent.

Even if the arbitrator had ruled against Ford, thereā€™s less than zero chance they would have let the decision stand. Do the math. They couldnā€™t afford to. Even in the old days when GM would occasionally allow a customer to ā€œwinā€ a warranty appeal, said customer had to sign not only an NDA but also a document stipulating that they understood the agreed adjustment was in no way an admission that the customerā€™s assertion was justified but a simple goodwill gesture from GM.
Where do people get this ā€œ precedent ā€œ thing from? Tv shows ?
Only appellate opinions are precedential and not even all of them

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
OP, sad to see your hard work did not result in what should have been a well earned victory.

I hope Ford realizes there are consequences for their actions. In my case they lose a customer. I purchased the ESP with the understanding that it would protect me in case of major mechanical failure. My plan had been to keep the GT350 to the end of the ESP (mid-2026) and then purchase a track ready Dark Horse (again purchasing an ESP with it). Given that Ford does not stand behind using its track cars at a HPDE, I will be selling my GT350 this summer and not getting a Dark Horse as the replacement.

I am sure Ford cares little about losing me as a customer. I will try not to let the door hit me on the ass on my way out.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Can someone enlighten me on ESP coverage of track use and drive train failures past the factory warranty on any track capable car other than the GT350? Is Ford the stand alone bad guy manufacturer here?

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I suppose ford can be happy about a win...

They may not realize how many future sales this really impacts though.
An infinitesimal numbersā€¦.
What is the % of mustang that are tracked, then how many of the owners that track their car would react like you ????

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I can't say I will never buy another performance vehicle from ford, but I can truly say a ESP will not be in the mix after this.
I wouldn't say that. Its simple. Tow the car home, clean it up, put new wheels and tires on it and then tow it to the dealership when you have it all squared away. I would have new fender liners, remove the belly pan and clean out all the track bugers, same with the rear diffuser, remove the rollbar, track seats, etc. Put it all back to stock.

Yea, its a real shame that Ford got away with this. Screams of not right.

Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Iā€™m speechless. The arbitrator is either influenced or a straight up idiot.

Itā€™s fraud to sell illusionary warranty/insurance coverage ā€” ie where one party has zero obligation to perform his duties under the contract at his own volition . By not being able to track a track designed and marketed car, or off road an off road designed and marketed truck, without apparently full loss of all coverage even if you do it one single time, is literally selling coverage the issuer has zero obligation to ever honor. We really need to get the automotive journalists to report on this ā€” that might change Fordā€™s power trip if they start getting national bad press.

I off road my raptor 1 time a year. Guess I better take off these stickers in case my air conditioner fails and esp says Iā€™ve taken my raptor off road to the sand dunes once last year and thus have voided the extra esp coverage I paid for well over a thousand dollars for. Un-fuckin-believable.

IMG_4025.jpeg

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
OP, sad to see your hard work did not result in what should have been a well earned victory.

I hope Ford realizes there are consequences for their actions. In my case they lose a customer. I purchased the ESP with the understanding that it would protect me in case of major mechanical failure. My plan had been to keep the GT350 to the end of the ESP (mid-2026) and then purchase a track ready Dark Horse (again purchasing an ESP with it). Given that Ford does not stand behind using its track cars at a HPDE, I will be selling my GT350 this summer and not getting a Dark Horse as the replacement.

I am sure Ford cares little about losing me as a customer. I will try not to let the door hit me on the ass on my way out.
Yep. Iā€™m out on new Fords. Not selling my R or Raptor (yet), but certainly not buying any new Ford products across the board. When they changed the language in 2020 warranty coverage, I put a deposit on a Z06 and skipped the GT500. Very happy with that decision. Chevy stands behind their track cars in writing (in the positive affirmation sense) in their warranty.

My R is stock except an auto blip, but guess I have to hide that now for any warranty work.

What I am concerned of is them looking at my tire change service history and claiming I am ā€œracingā€ as evidenced from multiple annual tire changes. I think itā€™s a small chance of that, and OP sadly just got royally screwed by irrelevant modifications to the car like the roll cage.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
There are a few bloggers who love to lift content from this forum to keep their channel fresh and pretend they have great insights. This might be picked up by StangMode, itā€™s right up his alley.
(hi there šŸ˜Ž, sorry could not find an emoji with a beard)

Geodudes550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
S550 2018 Mustang GT Premium
This sucks OP, Iā€™m sorry it turned out this way. I just want to chime in that my experience with ESP has been hit or miss and I probably wonā€™t get it again when I buy my next Mustang. I donā€™t track my cars but seeing this play out leaves a bad taste in my mouth because the salesman sold me the ESP by stating how your car is almost always covered no matter what. This whole thread has opened my eyes a lot and after reading the fine print I do feel a little scammed.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Only the people that were wrong from the beginning seems to be surprised by the decision
Iā€™m not. I even correctly predicted on what the arbitrator will base his decision upon
A extended warranty is a contractual agreement between 2 parties
The agreement say that racing is not covered
Op was driving at full speed at a race track
One of the dictionary definitions of racing is to ā€œ go at full speedā€
Therefore he was racingā€¦ end of the discussion
And please note that ā€œracing ā€œ was not capitalized in the contract, therefore no specific meaning or definition was attached to it and consequently a definition from a major, main stream dictionary is what the arbitrator used
All the other verbiage about fitment of purpose, advertising, etc, is just that, useless verbiage
As for encouraging the op to sue Ford, why donā€™t you fund his lawsuit?
Sponsored