Sponsored

Ford GT350 vs BMW M2

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
All that german crap is junk. They make things unnecessarily complex so it seems as though the extra money is worth it. They come out with some new photon particle beam ray headlight that cost $5000 and that sh*t's problems got problems of their own. But the premium car market is what all the manufacturers wants a part of. The profit margins are considerably higher.
Oh no! Damn technology and progress!
Sponsored

Shakooza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
The GT350 makes both feel quite tame. I've never driven anything more exciting than it.
I'm sure a GT350, a car that bases 10k in sticker price higher the a 235i with similar options, is more exciting...On the flipside after you get done with ADM you are looking more like 15 to 20k difference. With those price differences the cars aren't in remotely the same category...

OP
OP
w3rkn

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Well...

I can't say the new M2 is impressive, I was just hoping for more. There is no tech papers on the turbos, or what exactly was done to the engine & cooling, etc. So I really do not know where this M2 stands on my short list.

GT350, Corvette, RS and M2....

I plan on keeping whichever one I buy and spends years learning it & me, on the track. A car I deserve.

I do not see this M2 as being so special. That might change if we find out more about this N55. I need to know exactly what M-division has done to this engine, & improved upon it, over the N55 PPK II.

I know the engine real well and am more keen to what it's over all feel, will be.

Oddly, I think the new RS will outperform the M2. I am not buying this year, so I can't wait to drive both, before buying & modifying & tracking.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Well...

I can't say the new M2 is impressive, I was just hoping for more. There is no tech papers on the turbos, or what exactly was done to the engine & cooling, etc. So I really do not know where this M2 stands on my short list.

GT350, Corvette, RS and M2....

I plan on keeping whichever one I buy and spends years learning it & me, on the track. A car I deserve.

I do not see this M2 as being so special. That might change if we find out more about this N55. I need to know exactly what M-division has done to this engine, & improved upon it, over the N55 PPK II.

I know the engine real well and am more keen to what it's over all feel, will be.

Oddly, I think the new RS will outperform the M2. I am not buying this year, so I can't wait to drive both, before buying & modifying & tracking.
Did you see the link above...or you banned from that sight too..:D

It uses pistons from the S55 as well as crank bearing shells...

I personally like it...

I think the M2 will surprise a lot of people.

Dave

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I got to drive several old M2's at Hockenheim over the course of a season. The shorter wheelbase made it feel like I could thread a needle. While it was just as responsive as say, a Miata, it always felt more solid/heavy. Some say BMW's feel "solid" and some say it's just the extra weight. Probably both...

Never drove one at Nurburgring.

OP
OP
w3rkn

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Did you see the link above...or you banned from that sight too..:D

It uses pistons from the S55 as well as crank bearing shells...

I personally like it...

I think the M2 will surprise a lot of people.

Dave

The link has no bearing on anything. I want to see what the engineers got out of those pistons, what inefficiencies they found, and how did they use them to make the N55 a better engine.

I think the M2 will be BMW's best car in ages. I also think the RS will probably out handle it. I can't wait to drive both and decide for myself.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
I got to drive several old M2's at Hockenheim over the course of a season. The shorter wheelbase made it feel like I could thread a needle. While it was just as responsive as say, a Miata, it always felt more solid/heavy. Some say BMW's feel "solid" and some say it's just the extra weight. Probably both...

Never drove one at Nurburgring.
Old M2s? Maybe the 1M?

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
They are also reportedly going to release a M2 CSL which will be much more die-hard and lightweight. Add some R comp tires to that and you'll have yourself an amazing German track machine.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The link has no bearing on anything. I want to see what the engineers got out of those pistons, what inefficiencies they found, and how did they use them to make the N55 a better engine.

I think the M2 will be BMW's best car in ages. I also think the RS will probably out handle it. I can't wait to drive both and decide for myself.
Did you see this??

[ame]

To be frank..I would take this over a Must GT PP. I just find the S550 to darn big...my biggest complaint against the car.

OP
OP
w3rkn

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
They are also reportedly going to release a M2 CSL which will be much more die-hard and lightweight. Add some R comp tires to that and you'll have yourself an amazing German track machine.
I imagine Ford Performance Racing is not done with the RS yet, either. I see these two cars being closer together than One would imagine..

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 bmw m3
Did you see this??

To be frank..I would take this over a Must GT PP. I just find the S550 to darn big...my biggest complaint against the car.
for a daily driver, autox, track car, i think the M2 has the GTPP beat handily. the M2 is quite a bit more cash though, of course, and is essentially useless for someone like me who is over 6' tall and wants to actually put their kids in the back seat from time to time. i test-fit my kids into the back of an M235i and it's just not happening. sure, in an absolute emergency it would work... not for a "joyride" or weekend trip though, forget it. the m3 is more than i feel like continuing to pay, so i'm looking at the Mustang GTPP. bigger back seats!:headbang:

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
"so i'm looking at the Mustang GTPP. bigger back seats!"

That's not a comment one hears every day. I agree about the performance of the BMWs, but I still am not happy with their high prices/unreliability/cost of repairs.
Sponsored