Sponsored

Ford GT Specs released

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
viper weighs 300# more, has engine almost 2.5x bigger, manual, and still makes 1 mpg more

GT is still dead sexy though
The base viper does better because it lacks the Aero the GT has. The ACR gets about the same MPG.
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
It's just not worth it to me to spend most of my time in a car with nothing to separate it from any other V6 shit box on the road. Might as well leave it in the garage.
Sometimes I feel like you spend your days actively planning and coming up with obtuse, asinine things to say.

To imply that there's really nothing different between the TTV6 in the GT and Raptor and "any other V6 shit box on the road" just indicates you're either utterly ignorant (and happily so) or an obnoxious troll.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I think 650 is plenty for the GT. Look how much performance Chevy is able to extract out of the Zo6. The Corvette is heavier, has worse aero yet still competes with a lot of super cars.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Sometimes I feel like you spend your days actively planning and coming up with obtuse, asinine things to say.

To imply that there's really nothing different between the TTV6 in the GT and Raptor and "any other V6 shit box on the road" just indicates you're either utterly ignorant (and happily so) or an obnoxious troll.
:lol:Now, now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Gentlemen.......play nicely! :thumbsup:

I will admit that, when I watched the UK round of the WEC at Silverstone last April, the GT was the third best sounding race car there. The V8 of the Corvette was just superb.....utterly superb.....then the smaller capacity V8 of the Aston Martin....followed by the GT. The GT sounded.......unique. It certainly wasn't an unpleasant sound, but it sure didn't sound as good (to ME) as that thunderous Corvette.

HOWEVER.....the GT was built to win races. Well, one in particular. That one in France. And it did it ;)

I also appreciate in order to be compete in the field it's in, the only engine that made sense was the 3.5 Ecoboost. If I recall correctly, forced induction is only allowed on engines up to 4 litres (the Ferrari 488 just meets this. And, guess what, in racing tune that 4 litre V8 didn't sound all that!). A 5 litre Coyote just wouldn't have been powerful enough to compete. So, for that reason, I welcome the Ecoboost.

I'd also have to say that, from what I've heard on the 'web, the production GT sounds much nicer than the race version.

Still not as nice as a good V8 though :p

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
How in the hell did you get that out of what I was saying? I do not like the sound.
Then I asked you if you had your pick of a V8 and the ecoboost, you would put the ecoboost in? Ford has their reasons and I respect them and actually give them props for having the balls to drop a ecoboost in a super car. But that doesn't mean that a V8 would have been worse.....
My point is, you're are basically saying a V8 would of been better. Ford decided to use the 3.5 ecoboost because of many reasons.
1) to prove it could be done
2) because of marketing
3) it's used in other vehicles
4) it's more efficient than a V8
5) it's lighter
6) it's durable
7) makes great hp and tq

If I were building the same car I would also probably go with the same engine for the same reasons above. Does a V8 sound better? Absolutely! Would a V8 perform better? I doubt it. It won Lemans! They proven what they needed.

If I were building my very own gt500 I'd do the following.
4.5-5.2L
Twin turbo
A10 or sequential 6 speed
Total weight of 3200-3300 pounds
All aluminum construction

But if ford puts a 3.5L ecoboost in the next gt500 I'll be in line for one also. I'm not judging a car on its exhaust note.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
My point is, you're are basically saying a V8 would of been better. Ford decided to use the 3.5 ecoboost because of many reasons.
1) to prove it could be done
2) because of marketing
3) it's used in other vehicles
4) it's more efficient than a V8
5) it's lighter
6) it's durable
7) makes great hp and tq

If I were building the same car I would also probably go with the same engine for the same reasons above. Does a V8 sound better? Absolutely! Would a V8 perform better? I doubt it. It won Lemans! They proven what they needed.

If I were building my very own gt500 I'd do the following.
4.5-5.2L
Twin turbo
A10 or sequential 6 speed
Total weight of 3200-3300 pounds
All aluminum construction

But if ford puts a 3.5L ecoboost in the next gt500 I'll be in line for one also. I'm not judging a car on its exhaust note.
So I V8 wouldn't have performed better? Got it.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
So I V8 wouldn't have performed better? Got it.
Zane. How would you know. They don't offer a V8 as an option. The ecoboost GT BEAT V8 cars.
The ecoboost Raptor is better then the Raptor V8.
The ecoboost Raptor has also beat V8 trucks. But according to you truck racing is lame.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Truck racing is lame, but to your points, you are correct on all of them.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Does a gun with a silencer kill less then one without?

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. More people have been killed by guns that are sans silencer. That is my logical answer based upon world statistics.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
If you were to listen to the fear mongering put on by opponents of suppressors...you'd think they were more lethal.

I hear a gun with a suppressor can kill 5 people with a single shot..and they don't even have to be lined up.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another one is that they are completely silent. I do my killing with a subsonic .22 round. Who needs a silencer...amirite?
Sponsored