Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Zane,
The ZL1 is not all that. To be honest for a car with 650/650 it's running 12s in the real world. Maybe 11.80s top. Not impressed at all.
Sponsored

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
you're literally insane if you think the GT sounds bad. On another note you will be left in the past if you continue to buy v8 just because its a v8. While I do love the sound of my mustang it was always funny to smoke loud muscle cars in my turbo6 bimmer. Not everything is about bass and decibels, welcome to the 2017 auto market peasants

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Zane,
The ZL1 is not all that. To be honest for a car with 650/650 it's running 12s in the real world. Maybe 11.80s top. Not impressed at all.
Well yeah all 4 that have made it to the track haha.
Edit: It's faster around a track than a C7 GS. But yeah....not all that lol.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
you're literally insane if you think the GT sounds bad. On another note you will be left in the past if you continue to buy v8 just because its a v8. While I do love the sound of my mustang it was always funny to smoke loud muscle cars in my turbo6 bimmer. Not everything is about bass and decibels, welcome to the 2017 auto market peasants
Do I think the GT is sex on wheels? Yes. Do I enjoy the sound? No. I'd rather have a regular ole V8 out sound. Sorry not sorry.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
viper weighs 300# more, has engine almost 2.5x bigger, manual, and still makes 1 mpg more

GT is still dead sexy though

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Do I think the GT is sex on wheels? Yes. Do I enjoy the sound? No. I'd rather have a regular ole V8 out sound. Sorry not sorry.
Sex is sound. Unless your girlfriend/ boyfriend is quiet

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
viper weighs 300# more, has engine almost 2.5x bigger, manual, and still makes 1 mpg more

GT is still dead sexy though
Who the Fk cares about mpg when you have a car like this. Be real, you are not going on a long distance trip with a viper or GT.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's a pretty universally held opinion that the turbo 6 BMWs sound crappy. I test drove a couple of them and some Porsches. When I drove out of the dealer lot in my GT350 I felt very comfortable that I was in a car that is much more fun to drive.

There's always somebody faster on the road. I saw an 80s GM with a turbo pipe sticking out of the front fender on the highway the other day. I'm 100% sure that car would smoke your BMW. I'm still not interested in daily driving it.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
So you're saying you'd rather have that V6 over a V8? Because that sounds like what you're saying.
I'm saying I don't judge a car by its sound. You are. You said the GT is sex on wheels but yet you don't like it because it's a V6.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Oh man...I would buy one in a heartbeat if I A) had the money, B) Ford would let me.

For those that poo-poo the ecoboost, go drive a Taurus SHO. That was my last car and stock its 365hp/350lb and with its AWD I could eat up most cars from the line - INCLUDING S550 GT's. Put a 93 octane Livernois tune on it with catless downpipes and I was pushing 450hp....IN A TAURUS. The beauty of the Ecoboost is the torque band is forever - with the catless downpipes I was getting boost at around 1000rpm, which meant launch under boost was simple and fraking fast. Those engines simply pull forever - torque from around 1,500 all the way up to 5,000.

If they put one in a Mustang I would buy it no questions asked after having the Gen 1 in my SHO.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
I'm saying I don't judge a car by its sound. You are. You said the GT is sex on wheels but yet you don't like it because it's a V6.
I don't like the sound. I like the car. So if you were building a GT you're putting the ecoboost over a V8?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I don't like the sound. I like the car. So if you were building a GT you're putting the ecoboost over a V8?
So basically you're saying ford is dumb?

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
So basically you're saying ford is dumb?
How in the hell did you get that out of what I was saying? I do not like the sound.
Then I asked you if you had your pick of a V8 and the ecoboost, you would put the ecoboost in? Ford has their reasons and I respect them and actually give them props for having the balls to drop a ecoboost in a super car. But that doesn't mean that a V8 would have been worse.....
Sponsored